Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
As said: he's put no money into the club. He'll be remunerated fully for what he's paid for in terms of shares and debt/loans,

He has put money into the club mate. You're right to point out that it's in the form of debt rather than a gift, but it's been quite some time since one of the directors or a large shareholder has moved some of their cash into the club.

The proof of the pudding, one way or the other, will be what happens to the loans he's made us. If they're converted to equity, making him a majority shareholder, then he will undoubtedly have put his money where his mouth if. However, if, in say five years time, he says, nah you're all right, I'd like my cash back now please, then your cynicism will be totally justified.

He has put money into the club mate. You're right to point out that it's in the form of debt rather than a gift, but it's been quite some time since one of the directors or a large shareholder has moved some of their cash into the club.

The proof of the pudding, one way or the other, will be what happens to the loans he's made us. If they're converted to equity, making him a majority shareholder, then he will undoubtedly have put his money where his mouth if. However, if, in say five years time, he says, nah you're all right, I'd like my cash back now please, then your cynicism will be totally justified.

But until then?? With that debt plus what ever debt is on the club for the new stadium can you see anyone buying the club from Mosh with such a mountain of debt and for Mosh to make a big pay packet, I can't

About the state of our squad, are you referring to the players signed and the players sold? Any in particular? If it is players signed that is down to the manager for the most part RK not Mosh, he acts on the advice of the football experts and signs the cheques or BK does that role!
In short, a steady flow of best players out, mediocre replacements, driven by an inept board and a series of crap managers.
Basically, everyones to blame, but it all starts from the top initially, as in any organisation.

But until then?? With that debt plus what ever debt is on the club for the new stadium can you see anyone buying the club from Mosh with such a mountain of debt and for Mosh to make a big pay packet, I can't

Depends mate, I mean, I think Moshiri is a bit like a kid with a new toy at the moment, but he's still an accountant, so he's not chucking money at us purely for fun.

If the stadium gets built and the associated debt for it is relatively easily serviced, and the TV money continues to grow, then yea, I can see someone coming along and buying the club off him for a decent return.

Depends mate, I mean, I think Moshiri is a bit like a kid with a new toy at the moment, but he's still an accountant, so he's not chucking money at us purely for fun.

If the stadium gets built and the associated debt for it is relatively easily serviced, and the TV money continues to grow, then yea, I can see someone coming along and buying the club off him for a decent return.

Well I am not with you on that Woolly, the debt could be 600 mill upwards that is a big hangover for any new buyer to swallow, As for servicing that from what you say how are we going to get players in to push upwards?

He's put money up to cover a debt that stands in the way of a project coming to fruition that will heap hundreds of millions onto the club that needs paying back. It's a huge risk he's making the club take in order that he sees a massive profit. All he's done is to manoeuvre to make that a possibility.

How do people not see it in those real terms? We're being led by the nose into a scheme that will - in accordance with recent stadia builds I listed earlier - double in cost. It's the type of financial burden that only an elite financial club should take on.

He's put money up to cover a debt that stands in the way of a project coming to fruition that will heap hundreds of millions onto the club that needs paying back. It's a huge risk he's making the club take in order that he sees a massive profit. All he's done is to manoeuvre to make that a possibility.

How do people not see it in those real terms? We're being led by the nose into a scheme that will - in accordance with recent stadia builds I listed earlier - double in cost. It's the type of financial burden that only an elite financial club should take on.

You have to offer a credible alternative if you are at odds with how the scheme is going to funded. I know you've said about finding partners etc. but without the Olympic games (or commonwealth, but even then the council were at pains to point out that they would only cover the conversion cost) coming to Liverpool we are not going to get that support. Hell you are a chief exponent in saying that the council will struggle to convince the taxpaying people of the loan deal they will do with us. Can't see it flying if they say they are going to gift us part of the money instead. Any other 3rd party would want a slice of the cake later on down the line making the club more unstable.

As said: he's put no money into the club. He'll be remunerated fully for what he's paid for in terms of shares and debt/loans, and this is his passport to building a stadium that the club will have to pay for 100% at a cost disproportionate to where we are as a club.

Those intimating that we're seeing a benefactor at play here are peddling a dangerous untruth.

I never said he’s a benefactor, I said he’s putting his money into Everton football club!
If in 10 / 15 years time he sells his shares for a massive profit,I will be delighted as that would mean the club is in a much better situation, ie new stadium and better football team. I don’t know about you but I have a house with a mortgage, I don’t consider myself in debt because as the years have gone by the amount owing on the house has gone down the money I earn has gone up and the value of the house has gone up. That’s pretty much the same as what they plan for Everton regarding the new stadium.

You have to offer a credible alternative if you are at odds with how the scheme is going to funded. I know you've said about finding partners etc. but without the Olympic games (or commonwealth, but even then the council were at pains to point out that they would only cover the conversion cost) coming to Liverpool we are not going to get that support. Hell you are a chief exponent in saying that the council will struggle to convince the taxpaying people of the loan deal they will do with us. Can't see it flying if they say they are going to gift us part of the money instead. Any other 3rd party would want a slice of the cake later on down the line making the club more unstable.
Reduce the scale of the project. That'd be an option. If the council are being drawn into this then we as a club might as well benefit from it more than simply picking up lower interest rates. The club are the only real driver for that regeneration of the north end of the city so we should get a better deal than this. And the city would benefit from sharing revenue. Or just walk away from this as a plan that is too much of a risk.

I suspect if prevailing economic winds get worse then we'd have to revisit those options as a matter of course.

I never said he’s a benefactor, I said he’s putting his money into Everton football club!
If in 10 / 15 years time he sells his shares for a massive profit,I will be delighted as that would mean the club is in a much better situation, ie new stadium and better football team. I don’t know about you but I have a house with a mortgage, I don’t consider myself in debt because as the years have gone by the amount owing on the house has gone down the money I earn has gone up and the value of the house has gone up. That’s pretty much the same as what they plan for Everton regarding the new stadium.
His future sale of shares wouldn't necessarily chime with Everton doing well.

He's done nothing of the sort. He's bought shares and he's bought debt. On each of those he will gain

He won’t gain on the debt, because it’s an interest free loan. Even if he recalls it, it will basically be the money he put in.

He will most likely gain on the shares, but only if the club is successful. He won’t gain if he “destroys” us, as you put it, because why would anyone buy a club off him that is in ruins?

Your argument that he wants to profit from us and ruin us don’t really run in parallel, because profit comes with success (to a point) and sustainability - he knows that’s what we need to achieve.

Whether he’s capable or not is another question.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back