Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri has taken us backwards in 2 years, you thought Venkys was bad at Blackburn, where is Moshiri taking us?

He has spent £200m and we are further away than we were under David Moyes.....

Oliver Holt on Sunday supplement talking about ownership of clubs said we were missing the influence of kenwright .I give up
I found it interesting to read about Gattuso returning to Milan as manager, and how he was shocked to discover how far standards had fallen since his playing days; and not just in terms of results, but everything from training intensity to how the players treat the facilities.

Seems that standards began to slip at Everton around the time that a certain theatre promoter joined the board in '89, and then shattered into a thousand pieces once he took the reins himself a decade later.

Not that Holt would be interested in actually looking at why the Moshiri regime is struggling. Much easier to just make a throwaway statement based on the false presumption that Kenwright isn't still heavily involved.

Spot on all that.

The word "philosophy" was denigrated by Evertonians when they wanted Martinez out. Not that they didn't have a right to want him out toward the end as it had obviously (for one reason or another) gone west. But what happened was a total reaction against anyone having a method or particular style of playing: many/most just wanted "effort" and talked up the view that "we just want our players to get stuck in". Koeman filled that vacuum gladly by emphasising fitness over style and technique. Then in the summer he dispensed with an orthodox attack and we suddenly had nothing to make all the running round work. Allardyce has compounded it all with his very basic approach to the game. And now we are lacking identity and any sense of what we are as a club.

Pragmatism has failed us. It's time to bring philosophy back.

I fully agree with this. Fonseca or Arteta for me, the important thing is, whoever comes in has to call the shots and have the power to stamp their blueprint on the whole club, along with a DOF who fits in with their vision, not the other way round.

Spot on all that.

The word "philosophy" was denigrated by Evertonians when they wanted Martinez out. Not that they didn't have a right to want him out toward the end as it had obviously (for one reason or another) gone west. But what happened was a total reaction against anyone having a method or particular style of playing: many/most just wanted "effort" and talked up the view that "we just want our players to get stuck in". Koeman filled that vacuum gladly by emphasising fitness over style and technique. Then in the summer he dispensed with an orthodox attack and we suddenly had nothing to make all the running round work. Allardyce has compounded it all with his very basic approach to the game. And now we are lacking identity and any sense of what we are as a club.

Every manager who plays attacking football is called Martinez the second now too!! See silva.
We need a manager who can set a team up to a style of play over a period of years not throw in the towel..

Moshiri needs to show some balls and get Fonseca, Silva or another attacking coach and let them build something. Fans could take another year of 7th-8th if the manager has a plan!!

Walsh koeman Big Sam, are all Moshiri appointments and there is no structure just throw cash around!! This would be fine if we had a lot of money but I can’t perosnally see another 200£Million being spent. He could just lose interest in everton like a randy Lerner type.

What worries me is Bill and Farhad have gone awfully quiet that is alarming!!

I found it interesting to read about Gattuso returning to Milan as manager, and how he was shocked to discover how far standards had fallen since his playing days; and not just in terms of results, but everything from training intensity to how the players treat the facilities.

Seems that standards began to slip at Everton around the time that a certain theatre promoter joined the board in '89, and then shattered into a thousand pieces once he took the reins himself a decade later.

Not that Holt would be interested in actually looking at why the Moshiri regime is struggling. Much easier to just make a throwaway statement based on the false presumption that Kenwright isn't still heavily involved.
Exactly the local or the national press take zero interest in the running of our club and usually put out the same sound bytes.an easy Google search would tell you kenwright is still an influence

Spot on all that.

Can't disagree with a word of that clip or of your response to it, except what you say about Allardyce's very basic approach to the game. I don't think we've seen anything from him that suggests he has anything that could be termed an approach, unless you count turning up and writing eleven names down an approach. The one thing he boasted about being able to do before and since joining was sorting the defence out, and he has singularly failed to do that.

Every footballing appointment he has made has been an utter car crash.

The criticism at his lack of basic football knowledge is fully justified.

I didn't think koeman was a bad appointment he built a decent well balanced side at Southampton can't remember back then who else was in the frame .The recruitment in the summer was absolutely horrendous and unfortunately even now we really don't know who is actually giving the final yes on signing these players .will be interesting when Sam goes in the summer what direction we go regarding a manager and a dof

His arrival here coincides with the disintegration of the club.

Imagine if there wasn't some stadium scam (sorry scheme) on the go? There'd be a riot.

Evertonians are usually quite savvy. But this feller for some reason has a fair proportion of supporters still backing him, despite destroying us as a football club with any semblance of identity or attractive play.

His arrival here coincides with the disintegration of the club.

Imagine if there wasn't some stadium scam (sorry scheme) on the go? There'd be a riot.

Evertonians are usually quite savvy. But this feller for some reason has a fair proportion of supporters still backing him, despite destroying us as a football club with any semblance of identity or attractive play.
Not really, everyone would still just be moaning at blue Bill about lack of investment and failed ground moves. If Moshiri ever wants to be taken seriously then he needs to start by getting some proper football people into the club to run it. Get rid of the Elstones and the Walsh's of this world.

Not really, everyone would still just be moaning at blue Bill about lack of investment and failed ground moves. If Moshiri ever wants to be taken seriously then he needs to start by getting some proper football people into the club to run it. Get rid of the Elstones and the Walsh's of this world.
I dont think he has a clue what's required and I dont think he's in any mood to allow the hiring and firing on the football side to be made by anyone but him. He's certainly a hands on owner, no question about that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back