Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think he is a mingebag ponce, to be honest. Buying Everton at a discount, in a way which saw him 'pay off the debt' through providing a loan rather than allowing the debt to form part of the purchase price. Selling our best players to enable transfer expenditure and a worsening of squad quality, trying to ponce a new stadium without paying a penny himself!

So he's spent a bit of money but it's miniscule in Premier League terms and doesn't even come close to reaching the asking price for Newcastle United. When he does spend money, it's to correct his mistakes and prevent us from dropping off a cliff edge!

Lets hope he can oversee a decent summer transfer window for once. You know, one where he don't sell our best players and replace them with absolute crap, so that we have to turn to Sam Allardyce to prevent our relegation.

He let us all down by appointing Allardyce but equally Walsh and Koeman massively let him down by destroying our playing squad and the ethos of the club.

The stadium is going well which is great and I do hope it all comes together. But this summer is crucial and he needs to get the right young manager and recruitment massively improved. His responsibility to help get things pointing in the right direction.

The season has been poor and the Allardyce appointment was made to stop it being the complete relegation disaster it could have spiralled into after the Southampton game. Getting shut with a few games left doesn't get the next guy through the door any quicker and having an incumbent manager doesn't mean that moves can't be made behind the scenes to ensure a swift replacement come the close season and other key appointments are put into motion.

People are screaming about the slow progress but there are always bumps in the road. The best laid plans and whatnot.

Look at Spurs - Daniel Levy is rightly praised about his work there but he has been at the club since 2001. Strides have been made over the last few years but not all his decisions have been good. Damien Comolli and Juande Ramos didn't work. Hoddle's reign petered out disappointingly and the appointment of a somewhat tainted George Graham was a dubious decision. AVB? Tim Sherwood?

He didn't just come in a couple of years back, appoint Pochettino, buy Dele Ali and teach Kane to score. It's been a long slog.

He also has a reputation as a wise spender but look at how the Bale money was squandered on a very un-Spurs like splurge on unsuitable players with no real forward planning (sounds familiar?). The new ground has took around 11 years to deliver, has doubled in cost and there are a whole other list of issues such as bidding to get into the Olympic Stadium and a long running dispute with tenants on surrounding ground which has got a little dark in places.

This isn't to slate him but to illustrate that these things can take a long time and the current attacks on Moshiri for not getting it right first time, all the time, are to my eyes pretty unreasonable. To argue that he should be punching at the same weight as oil and state backed billionaires and in half the time is crazy.
That's all good and well mate. I hear where you are coming from.

However, I think the concern many have about Moshiri is that he has been here 2 years, and as far as the on field goes, I and many others are struggling to find one positive. Throwing money down the drain and then claiming he has invested into the club isn't going to get us anywhere.

Stupidly, he stated he wanted Hollywood Managers and CL football upon his arrival. Two years later, he is looking clueless when it comes to football, not surrounding himself with any experts to achieve the goals he mentioned when he arrived, and consequently we have this rabble of a football team every week that we have to endure.

He either starts to get the above turning in the right direction in the Summer, or he has lost me and many others I fear. Start getting the right people to help him. Stop accepting mediocrity.

Look at Roma hardly spent any money and sold some players and got a top class DoF and they are in the semi finals of the CL.

Moshiri needs football men around him.
“He (Monchi) could have ended up at Everton last summer but the English club did not want to pay his buy out clause (£3.8m)."
Journalist Gillem Balague made that claim and it serms to fit with what happened - Monchi tried to quit but Sevilla insisted if he wanted to leave the £3.8m had to be paid.
If it's true we paid through the teeth for a manager who'd won almost nothing outside the weak Dutch league and then refused to pay much less for an utterly outstanding DOF then Moshiri's judgement has been atrocious and it's a major contributory factor to the shambles that has unfolded.
He's brought welcome investment but desperately needs advisors who know what their doing.

“He (Monchi) could have ended up at Everton last summer but the English club did not want to pay his buy out clause (£3.8m)."
Journalist Gillem Balague made that claim and it serms to fit with what happened - Monchi tried to quit but Sevilla insisted if he wanted to leave the £3.8m had to be paid.
If it's true we paid through the teeth for a manager who'd won almost nothing outside the weak Dutch league and then refused to pay much less for an utterly outstanding DOF then Moshiri's judgement has been atrocious and it's a major contributory factor to the shambles that has unfolded.
He's brought welcome investment but desperately needs advisors who know what their doing.
Correct. Seeing as he doesn't have much idea himself.

I think he is a mingebag ponce, to be honest. Buying Everton at a discount, in a way which saw him 'pay off the debt' through providing a loan rather than allowing the debt to form part of the purchase price. Selling our best players to enable transfer expenditure and a worsening of squad quality, trying to ponce a new stadium without paying a penny himself!
Dear Lord, bag on him for allowing Sam to be our manager, but not for paying off the debt. There's no funny accounting going on here. He he's paying for the stadium, so let's stop that silliness too.

Biggest problem is the importance placed either by him or by those around him on achievements or over achieving in this league.

Gave a head scout the DoF role due to that, he's shown he's not capable of the bigger role.

Hired a manager based on over achieving with a saints squad, showed he was up to building a side or improving beyond a certain level.

Recruited players at huge fees and wages due to them being regarded as the reason for certain clubs over achieving, which has showed maybe it was more to it than that player.

Hired another manager because if his reputation amongst pundits and media for doing a certain job of staying in this league.

Bloke needs to realise the world if footy is bigger than these shores.

If come the start of next season we have a new CEO with zero connections to any of the old school network at the club, have hired a dof who has European pedigree and gave hired a young manager who doesn't have premier league experience, then start primarily recruiting from abroad, I'll give him credit for realising his massive mistakes made so far.

Reckon so far he’s largely led with quite a soft touch, taking the opinions of the likes of BK into account and trying not to upset the apple cart too much.

I want him to set the apple cart on fire, burn it to the ground and start again. Time to step up Moshiri, chuck the likes of BK, Elstone, Walsh, Fat Sam and all his staff out the door and start again.

Reckon so far he’s largely led with quite a soft touch, taking the opinions of the likes of BK into account and trying not to upset the apple cart too much.

I want him to set the apple cart on fire, burn it to the ground and start again. Time to step up Moshiri, chuck the likes of BK, Elstone, Walsh, Fat Sam and all his staff out the door and start again.
We all would. However...

A) he doesn’t strike me asa ruthless character

And

B) it is believed there are agreements in place when he purchased his Everton shares that certain targets need to be achieved by him, believed to be stadium related, before your aforementioned incompetent dross can be replaced.

If thats true, can we honestly see Moshiri paying in the region of 9 million to pay Sam and his backroom team off.

We are stuck with him for another year.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back