Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
If thats true, can we honestly see Moshiri paying in the region of 9 million to pay Sam and his backroom team off.

We are stuck with him for another year.
Sam's position is looking shaky. If he is paid off I wouldn't be surprised to see some of his staff, like Sammy Lee, retained for economical reasons if the new manager is agreeable.
By the same token I can see Walsh remaining if Brands comes. To save face for him it'll be described as 'working together' but in reality Walsh will be demoted to head scout and Brands will be in charge. Moshiri's logic as a businessman, which I can't fault, will be we'll be paying Walsh in full anyway so why not have him act in a role (scout) where he's actually done a good job in the past. If Walsh refuses the demotion then no payout.

Dear Lord, bag on him for allowing Sam to be our manager, but not for paying off the debt. There's no funny accounting going on here. He he's paying for the stadium, so let's stop that silliness too.
Not funny accounting, just clever.
He paid off the debts, then 'gave the Club it back' in the form of a defered interest free loan, which is a sort of accounting limbo...its there but it isnt.
If and when he either sells on the new buyer will as part of the deal, have to buy it off him and will then have the choice of repeating the defered loan thing or put it back on the club as debt.
The debt is only defered, if for some reason he calls it in, the Club have to pay it...borrow it from somewhere else

He's paying for the Stadium???...not yet he isn't or why is Joe Anderson talking of LCC borrowing the whole 500M

Apart from the payment for his actual shares, which he got from Usmanov for his Arsenal shares
And the defered 'loan' which is money in the bank
He, like Kenwright before him, hasn't put a penny in.

I can’t remember the last good day I had supporting Everton. Years and years of misery. Look at the scenes in Rome last night. We’ve not had anything even 10% of that since 1995.

A lot of work for Moshiri to do.

He doesn't even own Everton he just has a large amount of shares, its like owning shares in BA and buying them a brand new plane.
He can still be voted down by anything that would pass through the share holders, an example, he wants us to play in Red, yes 49.9% no 50.1 % mosh loses
In theory...there are reputedly 500 or more shares that nobody knows where they are or whose got them, thats over 1%
Just sayin like

He's destroyed this club.

There's still people who believe he's been good for us though when we're sitting in the gutter after two years under his control. Unreal.
He has made mistakes, he hasn't destroyed the club.
He can't be blamed for the appointment of Martinez because RM was here before Moshiri arrived.. but he did solve that problem.

He can be blamed for the appointment of Koeman and Walsh but again , when Koeman did not deliver he was promptly removed.

Sam Allyrdyce was a short term appointment to get the club through a difficult period... that has worked and now Moshiri is back facing a very important decision.

A lot of money was spent on players in the last two windows, but I doubt anybody who wants to be taken seriously will blame Moshiri if it wasn't wisely spent.

The new stadium is progressing and I note that you have more or less moved your argument from the stadium never being built to the stadium needs to be of a certain size.

The difficulty relating to finances and Everton has not been mentioned by anybody.. even you.. since his arrival.

We are a disappointing midtable in the league and will finish one or two places below the best placings of both Martinez and Koeman but I am not sure if that qualifies as destroying the club. What exactly does sitting in the gutter mean ?

Sam's position is looking shaky. If he is paid off I wouldn't be surprised to see some of his staff, like Sammy Lee, retained for economical reasons if the new manager is agreeable.
By the same token I can see Walsh remaining if Brands comes. To save face for him it'll be described as 'working together' but in reality Walsh will be demoted to head scout and Brands will be in charge. Moshiri's logic as a businessman, which I can't fault, will be we'll be paying Walsh in full anyway so why not have him act in a role (scout) where he's actually done a good job in the past. If Walsh refuses the demotion then no payout.

We want change at CEO

We want change at DOF

We want change at Manager

We want quite a bit doing this summer. A lot of change which could cause chaos. I think Moshiri will be pragmatic about it all. Elstone is leaving so new CEO will be sorted. We will have spent a small fortune on Steve Walsh these past few years in him implenting his vision and his backroom staff, you were never going to get overnight success on this front. Brands will come in and work with Walsh and take over from him when he retires.

Sam offers stability for the interim period. We all moan so we need this and that changing but we would be a total basket case of a club to do all these changes at once.

It will be done in stages, patience is a virtue and us blues don't have it.

m happy with the stadium plans and everybody was a fan of Steve Walsh for his work at Foxes . I dont see any reason to criticize Moshiri decisions . As for as Koeman is concerned , I remember the likes of Arsenal n other top teams being linked to him when he was doing wonders with an avg Saints Team . So i cant criticize the decision to appoint him aswell .

I think the reason why we failed is we tried to be over ambitious . We tried to suddenly finish in top 6 and went on a spending spree to get that . We have drifted away too far from the top clubs in the country and a lot of work needs to be done backstage before buying big to secure a top six finish . As i dont have insight into how Moshiri is investing in the club ( i mean will he convert it to equity eventually or will he keep piling loans on us... is this all a mask and all the investment is actually from Usmanov :coffee: .. no one knows ) , i will be positive at this point of time . The guy has been associated to Arsenal for long , and i believe he is genuinely in love with the game and hence invested in us . I dont think he is another G&H ( yanks) type of owner who has invested only for profits ... but then , time will tell .. i will stay positive coz from where i see , he is trying everything under his power to make Everton a better club , both on and off the field .

He has made mistakes, he hasn't destroyed the club.
He can't be blamed for the appointment of Martinez because RM was here before Moshiri arrived.. but he did solve that problem.

He can be blamed for the appointment of Koeman and Walsh but again , when Koeman did not deliver he was promptly removed.

Sam Allyrdyce was a short term appointment to get the club through a difficult period... that has worked and now Moshiri is back facing a very important decision.

A lot of money was spent on players in the last two windows, but I doubt anybody who wants to be taken seriously will blame Moshiri if it wasn't wisely spent.

The new stadium is progressing and I note that you have more or less moved your argument from the stadium never being built to the stadium needs to be of a certain size.

The difficulty relating to finances and Everton has not been mentioned by anybody.. even you.. since his arrival.

We are a disappointing midtable in the league and will finish one or two places below the best placings of both Martinez and Koeman but I am not sure if that qualifies as destroying the club. What exactly does sitting in the gutter mean ?
The biggest mistake he has made was appointing Walsh as DOF who has no experience of that role in a club that’s never had that role. Had we appointed Brands or Monchi or someone who been a DOF in the past, we would probably be in a much better position.

Look what we've become.
Let see
•Before Moshiri 11th and 11th
•Zero chance of a new stadium
•Debts coming out of our eye balls with a lot of very dodgy lenders
•Club going backwards

After Moshiri
•7th and probably 9th
•New Stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey
•No debt payments currently (depending on what he does with the 80mil)
•Stalled this year but sorted in the summer

We want change at CEO

We want change at DOF

We want change at Manager

We want quite a bit doing this summer. A lot of change which could cause chaos. I think Moshiri will be pragmatic about it all. Elstone is leaving so new CEO will be sorted. We will have spent a small fortune on Steve Walsh these past few years in him implenting his vision and his backroom staff, you were never going to get overnight success on this front. Brands will come in and work with Walsh and take over from him when he retires.

Sam offers stability for the interim period. We all moan so we need this and that changing but we would be a total basket case of a club to do all these changes at once.

It will be done in stages, patience is a virtue and us blues don't have it.
So Brands, who has had big offers in the past and turned them down is going to come to us and work alongside the PE teacher. And when he retires Mr Brands you can take over lol lol lol lol

I do agree it won’t happen over night and we need a long term plan, that shouldn’t include Sam.
2 things
1 keeping sam is wasting another year
2 the ground wil be toxic, booing, banners, protests. That’s not going to help anyone. Not to mention his press conferences. I don’t think I can stomach another season of them.

I’d rather finish mid table under Fonseca. Playing exciting football and with a plan for the future.

So Brands, who has had big offers in the past and turned them down is going to come to us and work alongside the PE teacher. And when he retires Mr Brands you can take over lol lol lol lol

I do agree it won’t happen over night and we need a long term plan, that shouldn’t include Sam.
2 things
1 keeping sam is wasting another year
2 the ground wil be toxic, booing, banners, protests. That’s not going to help anyone. Not to mention his press conferences. I don’t think I can stomach another season of them.

I’d rather finish mid table under Fonseca. Playing exciting football and with a plan for the future.

If we finished mid table with Fonseca we would be calling for him to be sacked and no doubt Brands to be sacked as well.

We are on the outside looking in. Apparently Walsh and Sam are sorting preseason out. They are the ones in Moshiri's inner circle not us the fans.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back