Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We want change at CEO

We want change at DOF

We want change at Manager

We want quite a bit doing this summer. A lot of change which could cause chaos. I think Moshiri will be pragmatic about it all. Elstone is leaving so new CEO will be sorted. We will have spent a small fortune on Steve Walsh these past few years in him implenting his vision and his backroom staff, you were never going to get overnight success on this front. Brands will come in and work with Walsh and take over from him when he retires.

Sam offers stability for the interim period. We all moan so we need this and that changing but we would be a total basket case of a club to do all these changes at once.

It will be done in stages, patience is a virtue and us blues don't have it.

Good one Mooms

Apparently Walsh and Sam are sorting preseason out.

giphy.gif

If we finished mid table with Fonseca we would be calling for him to be sacked and no doubt Brands to be sacked as well.

We are on the outside looking in. Apparently Walsh and Sam are sorting preseason out. They are the ones in Moshiri's inner circle not us the fans.
I don’t think the fans would want him sacked, if they could see a plan developing on and off the pitch. Abd what evidence do you have sam & Walsh are planning for pre season. Because sam said so on talksport. Was saying all they same things at West Ham, when he knew he was gone.

Of the players with have been strongly linked with in the last week. I know there are only rumours. But both have strong links to Brands.

It wouldn’t surprise me that the CEO & DOF are already in place.

When Sharp starts criticising the manger, then you know you’re in trouble. As normally he won’t say a bad word about anything everton. Also mentioned something along the lines of the new manager in waiting watching the rest of our games.

He has made mistakes, he hasn't destroyed the club.
He can't be blamed for the appointment of Martinez because RM was here before Moshiri arrived.. but he did solve that problem.

He can be blamed for the appointment of Koeman and Walsh but again , when Koeman did not deliver he was promptly removed.

Sam Allyrdyce was a short term appointment to get the club through a difficult period... that has worked and now Moshiri is back facing a very important decision.

A lot of money was spent on players in the last two windows, but I doubt anybody who wants to be taken seriously will blame Moshiri if it wasn't wisely spent.

The new stadium is progressing and I note that you have more or less moved your argument from the stadium never being built to the stadium needs to be of a certain size.

The difficulty relating to finances and Everton has not been mentioned by anybody.. even you.. since his arrival.

We are a disappointing midtable in the league and will finish one or two places below the best placings of both Martinez and Koeman but I am not sure if that qualifies as destroying the club. What exactly does sitting in the gutter mean ?
He's employed two worse managers than Martinez. If the divvy had any football sense he'd have made sure anyone as mercenary as those two never got anywhere near the club, and he should have certainly overseen a better spending policy.

The stadium is miles off. Not even as close as we were under Kenwright on a couple of occasions.

The feller has overseen us going backwards effectively, because the cash spent was generated buy the club and not him and it's given us no forward momentum - in fact, the reverse: it's placed us in a position where we need to repair the damage it's caused and rebuild over the next 5 years.

As said, Moshiri = an utter disaster.

We want change at CEO

We want change at DOF

We want change at Manager

We want quite a bit doing this summer. A lot of change which could cause chaos. I think Moshiri will be pragmatic about it all. Elstone is leaving so new CEO will be sorted. We will have spent a small fortune on Steve Walsh these past few years in him implenting his vision and his backroom staff, you were never going to get overnight success on this front. Brands will come in and work with Walsh and take over from him when he retires.

Sam offers stability for the interim period. We all moan so we need this and that changing but we would be a total basket case of a club to do all these changes at once.

It will be done in stages, patience is a virtue and us blues don't have it.
Class Mooms

Let see

After Moshiri
•7th and probably 9th
•New Stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey
•No debt payments currently (depending on what he does with the 80mil)
•Stalled this year but sorted in the summer

Yep, you said it.

£300M for a stadium scheme still on the drawing board.

What a fantastic achievement over two years.

If people expect him to dip into his own reserves to pay for the build really have no grasp about financing property or investments. The local authority lend scheme is set up for projects such as this, I'm sure they lend to other multi-million pound organisations to encourage them to start projects.

So how many other clubs have managed to have the local authority lend them money to build a new stadium?

He doesn't even own Everton he just has a large amount of shares, its like owning shares in BA and buying them a brand new plane.
He can still be voted down by anything that would pass through the share holders, an example, he wants us to play in Red, yes 49.9% no 50.1 % mosh loses

Why is this?

Why has a billionaire with plenty of money to spare stopped short of buying the club outright when he could do so with ease? He isn't prevented from doing so, he is choosing to do so, and it's a strategic business decision that has been made with a view to minimising his outlay and maximising his returns, and quite possibly with someone else's money.

Yep, you said it.

£300M for a stadium scheme still on the drawing board.

What a fantastic achievement over two years.

I like your posts @davek and you usually talk sense.

I work in the water industry and have seen contracts of a meagre value of a few hundred thousand stall for a couple of years. Multiple consultants slow things down considerably. Add to that the hoops you have to jump through to obtain planning. It's not just the planning, its the feasibility study, the environmental impact assessment, sustainability of materials, coordination of civils and M&E, design risk assessments, O&M assessments, BIM coordination, contractor due diligence (i.e. pre-qualification assessments)....the list is endless, and for each item, expect no end of comments and revisions.

A build of this type is phenomenal. The drawing board (or Revit board) will be busy to say the least. I can fully appreciate the complexities of this project.

I will slate him over the stadium if it falls down, but I suspect we are still hoop jumping.

Some absolute wham being chatted in here.

Are Levy and Lewis personally funding Spurs new stadium? Is Abramovich funding Chelsea’s new build?

As for his Directors loans equating to merely being transferred debt, come back when he actually insists on it being repaid with interest or fails to convert it into equity.

Oh and without clearing the Pru loan with its securitisation on Goodison, the ground move wouldn’t even be a vague possibility.

Destroyed our club, pfffffttt just lol

Why is this?

Why has a billionaire with plenty of money to spare stopped short of buying the club outright when he could do so with ease? He isn't prevented from doing so, he is choosing to do so, and it's a strategic business decision that has been made with a view to minimising his outlay and maximising his returns, and quite possibly with someone else's money.

Hence why he’s a billionaire.

Buying and funding a football club isn’t that same as going to Tesco to do your weekly shop, there will have been an awful lot of planning with a timeline of when he’ll fully take over etc.

A businessman doing things in a businessman way isn’t a reason to slate him

He's employed two worse managers than Martinez. If the divvy had any football sense he'd have made sure anyone as mercenary as those two never got anywhere near the club, and he should have certainly overseen a better spending policy.

The stadium is miles off. Not even as close as we were under Kenwright on a couple of occasions.

The feller has overseen us going backwards effectively, because the cash spent was generated buy the club and not him and it's given us no forward momentum - in fact, the reverse: it's placed us in a position where we need to repair the damage it's caused and rebuild over the next 5 years.

As said, Moshiri = an utter disaster.

Incorrect again. You have spouted this nonsense on a number of occasions Dave, and you are still wrong. We are much, much further ahead with this that we ever was with KD, DK or WHP, miles further forward. It is just seeming different because the procurement route is different this time.

The stadium will define his tenure here. That, and his ability and/or willingness to make the necessary changes required this summer and not repeat past mistakes, even if some of those were borne from honest and good intentions.

IIRC, building is not expected to commence until next summer at BMD and on the pitch, the rebuild is I fear going to be ugly and arduous so, aside from personnel changes in the summer, we might not expect a huge deal more over the next 9-12 months.

Though, if he doesn't make those changes - he will rightfully be fair game. I expect Allardyce and Elstone to leave and Walsh to remain on, but as Chief Scout working under Brands.

But it all lies on BMD really - if it succeeds its obviously tremendous for the club and should act as a catalyst for growth and better times.

If it does not - then I see Moshiri backing off in disillusionment and mirroring the likes of Ellis Short and Randy Lerner - in that scenario no money is spent and we just tread water until another investor can be tempted aboard, and the lottery and yo-yoing starts all over again as to who we would get. That is the nightmare scenario.

Last edited:
Incorrect again. You have spouted this nonsense on a number of occasions Dave, and you are still wrong. We are much, much further ahead with this that we ever was with KD, DK or WHP, miles further forward. It is just seeming different because the procurement route is different this time.
Also we all know if moshiri wasn’t around. Martinez would have still been our manager well into the next season. Let’s not forget the what a manager quote after the Chelsea cup game.

He probably would have sacked him the following January. Abd using the lukaku sale to pay him off. Then he would have gone back for moyes. Or got another championship manger in, happy to be at Everton and double his salary. With sell to buy written into the contract.

Also we all know if moshiri wasn’t around. Martinez would have still been our manager well into the next season. Let’s not forget the what a manager quote after the Chelsea cup game.

He probably would have sacked him the following January. Abd using the lukaku sale to pay him off. Then he would have gone back for moyes. Or got another championship manger in, happy to be at Everton and double his salary. With sell to buy written into the contract.

The flip side of that coin is that Koeman and Sam would never have been within a mile of the manager’s chair at EFC.

;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back