Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yes Dave, but the design didn't progress as far as this one has as the procurement route was different. More design work has been done, and not investigation on the suitability of BMD than it ever was on DK. If Kirkby was given PP then the real design work would start. With BMD they're not even applying for PP till the completion of stage 3.
You cant be seriously suggesting that DK wasn't planned to the nth degree, and very early on? We had transport agencies reporting on access and egress to the ground; a stadium contractor lined up, renderings available to see, light analysis tests on what effect stadium stands would have on the locality; a list of companies lined up for the retail site and homes boarded up where the development was to go.

Come on.

Ha Ha. A PL football club getting the local authority to use its loan facility to secure funding for a half billion pound stadium = "nothing to see here".

I actually stood back to admire the chutzpah of that statement.

@davek youve just won the Wednesday night interweb....getting that marvellous word ‘chutzpah’ into a GOT post in the right context has made brightened my day right at its last breath. Saluted for your literary achievement.

You cant be seriously suggesting that DK wasn't planned to the nth degree, and very early on? We had transport agencies reporting on access and egress to the ground; a stadium contractor lined up, renderings available to see, light analysis tests on what effect stadium stands would have on the locality; a list of companies lined up for the retail site and homes boarded up where the development was to go.

Come on.

The principle contractor was BARR construction and afaik they were acting as the lead designer, they were involved right from the beginning because the procurement was different.

Just because you have not seen reports does not mean they have not happened. Daylight/lighting analysis is done very early in the process, mostly on a concept model, the existence of these don't mean a thing.

Transport agencies did some work for DK where as consulting engineers have done it on BMD.

The lead designer and Architect on BMD is Meis, the local architect is Shephard Robson in Manchester.

Funnily enough the consulting Structural engineers on DK was also Buro Happold.

Last edited:
The principle contractor was BARR construction and afaik they were acting as the lead designer, they were involved right from the beginning because the procurement was different.

Just because you have not seen reports does not mean they have not happened. Daylight/lighting analysis is done very early in the process, mostly on a concept model, the existence of these don't mean a thing.

Transport agencies did some work for DK where as consulting engineers have done it on BMD.

The lead designer and Architect on BMD is Meis, the local architect is Shephard Robson in Manchester.

Anyway, nothing I say will lead you to see it any other way than how you think it is, regardless. I just find it frustrating when you speak in absolutes, and your wrong.

Let see
•Before Moshiri 11th and 11th
•Zero chance of a new stadium
•Debts coming out of our eye balls with a lot of very dodgy lenders
•Club going backwards

After Moshiri
•7th and probably 9th
•New Stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey
•No debt payments currently (depending on what he does with the 80mil)
•Stalled this year but sorted in the summer
After Moshiri
•7th and probably 9th...complete rubbish and no sign of improvement, or even any sign of knowing how to improve
•New Stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey...fingers crossed but looking good
•No debt payments currently (depending on what he does with the 80mil)...correct
•Stalled this year but sorted in the summer...you don't know that, and there is nothing to indicate Moshiri has any idea anything is wrong or how to fix it unfortunately

Yes a tangent, you got pulled up so tried to equate my post to something else.

You were chatting absolute balls about the review of the “invest to earn” terms, your post was absolutely irrelevant.

The terms are fixed for at least 12 months by which time the deal will be done or dead and the review is meaningless to us.

Fully expect you to try to equate this to some other point once again though, all you ever done in these threads is totally misconstrue information then spend 5 pages arguing about it.

Rinse and repeat.
You weren't listening closely enough to Anderson's words I'm afraid. Anderson underlined that the scenario for borrowing of the public works loans board was not fixed for all time and could be changed with a change of policy/government. The implication being that delay in making a decision could see changes to borrowing rates - or even from fixed rate to floating rate.

It's best to be fully in command of the detail yourself before accusing others of chatting balls I always find.

Which negates my argument that you were wrong to suggest BMD is as advanced as KD was early doors in what way?

After Moshiri
•7th and probably 9th...complete rubbish and no sign of improvement, or even any sign of knowing how to improve
•New Stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey...fingers crossed but looking good
•No debt payments currently (depending on what he does with the 80mil)...correct
•Stalled this year but sorted in the summer...you don't know that, and there is nothing to indicate Moshiri has any idea anything is wrong or how to fix it unfortunately
We finished 7th last season, that an improvement on 11th and we probably finish 9th which again an improvement on 11th. from the 2 seasons before mosh

We finished 7th last season, that an improvement on 11th and we probably finish 9th which again an improvement on 11th. from the 2 seasons before mosh
7th, 9th, 11th. Whatever the number is, are you not feeling we are complete rubbish on field and with no direction?
Where are we with Moshiri's claim for "Hollywood Managers and CL football" when he arrived?
He clearly has no idea.

A water board contract and a stadium that has apparently all major players pulling in the one direction are slightly different animals.

The real brake on this project will be over cash. If Everton had their own to build this then the delays we'll face would be minimal. The fact that the club have to look to the public purse to get this built (almost certainly now 100% of it) is going to result in committee after committee and professional consultation after consultation, and perhaps even looked at more closely at central government level.

Moshiri has got a ball rolling on this because its a free shot in the dark. If it comes off he's hit the mother lode.

They are different animals, I agree. I was just playing devils advocate and educating some who don't know how the construction industry works. It is never just about the build. The leg work prior is always the hurdle no matter what division of construction. Further to this, having 'your own money' does not expedite a job. I think I've highlighted some of the reasons this is taking time in my last post.

7th, 9th, 11th. Whatever the number is, are you not feeling we are complete rubbish on field and with no direction?
Where are we with Moshiri's claim for "Hollywood Managers and CL football" when he arrived?
He clearly has no idea.
Last season we played some good football and at the end of the season we swatted a lot of teams at home, winning 8 Home games in a row and finished 8 points? ahead of Southampton who finished 8th. The summer was terrible and not replacing Rom was a right fek up an this seasons been a write off. Hopefully it will be fixed this summer.
Martinez last 2 years where awful apart from the cup run

DK = June 2006: Everton select Kirkby site; February 2007: planning permission sought.
Again, planning permission sought means nothing. You just don't roll up to the council office with 'new stadium' written on the back of a cigarette packet. Try getting planning permission for a 5k loft conversion. Then multiply the ball ache by 60,000,000%. Again, just playing devils advocate. I'd hate you to be right about this as you were with RK. Maybe this is why I'm fighting FMs corner lol.

Again, planning permission sought means nothing. You just don't roll up to the council office with 'new stadium' written on the back of a cigarette packet. Try getting planning permission for a 5k loft conversion. Then multiply the ball ache by 60,000,000%. Again, just playing devils advocate. I'd hate you to be right about this as you were with RK. Maybe this is why I'm fighting FMs corner lol.

DK was fast tracked to PP stage (and quickly accepted) because the only real hurdle to negotiate was objections from other neighbouring authorities. THAT is miles better off than the series of obstacles facing BMD. It was green for go on DK in a way that BMD cant get close to and I'm astonished that anyone would state otherwise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back