Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
DK was fast tracked to PP stage (and quickly accepted) because the only real hurdle to negotiate was objections from other neighbouring authorities. THAT is miles better off than the series of obstacles facing BMD. It was green for go on DK in a way that BMD cant get close to and I'm astonished that anyone would state otherwise.
This stadium WILL be built and it WILL start building next summer.
Why do you never want anything good for us?

DK was fast tracked to PP stage (and quickly accepted) because the only real hurdle to negotiate was objections from other neighbouring authorities. THAT is miles better off than the series of obstacles facing BMD. It was green for go on DK in a way that BMD cant get close to and I'm astonished that anyone would state otherwise.
Tbf, Kirkby might have been fast-tracked to the planning permission stage because they missed out a lot of key details which ultimately ended in the project failing.

Kirkby was an utter sham of a scheme. How this board survived that is beyond me.

I hope the delay in BMD is the board/council going through every detail and ensuring it will be a success.

Tbf, Kirkby might have been fast-tracked to the planning permission stage because they missed out a lot of key details which ultimately ended in the project failing.

Kirkby was an utter sham of a scheme. How this board survived that is beyond me.

I hope the delay in BMD is the board/council going through every detail and ensuring it will be a success.
You say that, but the same could be said about Anderson dismissing the importance of UNESCO objections and now he's having to admit his error in calculation on that score.

DK came ultimately down to a political calculation by the Sec of State who had a lot of angry fellow Labour MPs to pacify in the region. I dont think anyone could have foreseen the coming together of the number of different forces (fan groups, environmental groups, other LAs) that brought DK down, so in that sense there was no key details overlooked.

He's employed two worse managers than Martinez. If the divvy had any football sense he'd have made sure anyone as mercenary as those two never got anywhere near the club, and he should have certainly overseen a better spending policy.

The stadium is miles off. Not even as close as we were under Kenwright on a couple of occasions.

The feller has overseen us going backwards effectively, because the cash spent was generated buy the club and not him and it's given us no forward momentum - in fact, the reverse: it's placed us in a position where we need to repair the damage it's caused and rebuild over the next 5 years.

As said, Moshiri = an utter disaster.

And strangely enough still in a better position then if we had kept Martinez.

I know what you are now Davek, your the forum equivalent of one of those people on the radio that say crap like "pele, worst footballer ever. Call in if you think differently".

Yes we've had a bad summer and a even worst season (still going to finish higher then 2 out of 3 of martinez seasons) but we look like we're addressing things, with brands, a new ceo and a new manager on the horizon. I'm not happy with the way things have been but sometimes you need to take a step backwards to take 2 forwards.

Everyone forgets that in the space of a year we've lost lukaku, Barkley, Barry and stones that's the spine of our team gone in a year. In the space of a year we've lost Coleman, mori, bolasie, basic, and McCarthy too year long injuries. Add to that no striker and Baines being injured for large parts of the season and it's just one of those seasons for me.

It's been horrible and mistakes have been made but we can kick on in the summer. If we'd of had a striker and another LB we'd easy be in 7th and very close to arsenal imo. Moshiri isn't a idiot he's just new to being in charge of a football club. Well at least that's what it feels like to me.

Although regardless of were we are in the league the football all season has been absolutely dog for me. Embarrassing from start to finish and I want allerdyce shot out of a cannon into the sun at the end of the season.

So the premier league is not a billion pound industry??

I did not say that !!!!!!!!!!! How much do we get? What will the funds be used for? You think they will be used for BMD and then no transfer kitty?
So how will the cash from the FA be apportioned in the spending plans of Everton FC?
As I said Mosh maybe be a billionaire on paper but not in cash, so how does it relate that he is a billionaire in a billion pound industry? What is your point?

Haha just as an indication of how silly this thread is getting Anderson actually said they’ve just had a review and not made any changes so we have another 12 months before that’s even looked at.

This is odd. New guidance was issued last month intended to check council borrowing (up £3.8bn last year) and that is a change The senior civil servant quoted below did not mention a 'review' but 'monitoring' to see how council borrowing responded. A review is a one-off event; monitoring is a continuous process. Council borrowing for commercial purposes is probably what is increasing borrowing.

http://www.room151.co.uk/treasury/c...nal-intervention-if-borrowing-rates-continue/

Why is this?

Why has a billionaire with plenty of money to spare stopped short of buying the club outright when he could do so with ease? He isn't prevented from doing so, he is choosing to do so, and it's a strategic business decision that has been made with a view to minimising his outlay and maximising his returns, and quite possibly with someone else's money.

I think you would find that he does not have anything like the sum in ready cash to do as you suggest.

What do you think the state of the club would have been if Mosh had not bought into it? RM still the manager, BK still in charge, so in your words in that scenario what would we have become?

I think Martinez would have still been sacked, Moyes would have been brought in last Summer and we would be sitting in 16th currently waiting to get relegated.

The problem is that most people still think we are Everton, the team that wins the FA Cup and challenges for the league, some people probably still think that Dixie Dean plays up top, the reality sadly is very different. We are Everton, the team that finishes around 10th, the team that hasnt won a trophy for 22 years and the team in which its supporters praise Oumar Niasse for his "passion and smile".

How dare Moshiri plough 300m into the club, how dare he do that, whats he thinking? Its 100% his fault we havent won a trophy for 22 years, GET THIS FRAUD OUT OF OUR CLUB.

I like your posts @davek and you usually talk sense.

I work in the water industry and have seen contracts of a meagre value of a few hundred thousand stall for a couple of years. Multiple consultants slow things down considerably. Add to that the hoops you have to jump through to obtain planning. It's not just the planning, its the feasibility study, the environmental impact assessment, sustainability of materials, coordination of civils and M&E, design risk assessments, O&M assessments, BIM coordination, contractor due diligence (i.e. pre-qualification assessments)....the list is endless, and for each item, expect no end of comments and revisions.

A build of this type is phenomenal. The drawing board (or Revit board) will be busy to say the least. I can fully appreciate the complexities of this project.

I will slate him over the stadium if it falls down, but I suspect we are still hoop jumping.

Well DaveK seems to think that this could have been started two years ago and now should be half built, is he in the real world?

Incorrect again. You have spouted this nonsense on a number of occasions Dave, and you are still wrong. We are much, much further ahead with this that we ever was with KD, DK or WHP, miles further forward. It is just seeming different because the procurement route is different this time.

Not only that Jacko, but did the fans want any of those locations? DaveK coming out with nonsense, BMD is aces better than them and is worth waiting for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back