Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
You cant be seriously suggesting that DK wasn't planned to the nth degree, and very early on? We had transport agencies reporting on access and egress to the ground; a stadium contractor lined up, renderings available to see, light analysis tests on what effect stadium stands would have on the locality; a list of companies lined up for the retail site and homes boarded up where the development was to go.

Come on.

You could also say KD was just round the corner but BK could not come up with 50 mill!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we've had a bad summer and a even worst season (still going to finish higher then 2 out of 3 of martinez seasons) but we look like we're addressing things, with brands, a new ceo and a new manager on the horizon. I'm not happy with the way things have been but sometimes you need to take a step backwards to take 2 forwards.

Everyone forgets that in the space of a year we've lost lukaku, Barkley, Barry and stones that's the spine of our team gone in a year. In the space of a year we've lost Coleman, mori, bolasie, basic, and McCarthy too year long injuries. Add to that no striker and Baines being injured for large parts of the season and it's just one of those seasons for me.

It's been horrible and mistakes have been made but we can kick on in the summer. If we'd of had a striker and another LB we'd easy be in 7th and very close to arsenal imo. Moshiri isn't a idiot he's just new to being in charge of a football club. Well at least that's what it feels like to me.

Although regardless of were we are in the league the football all season has been absolutely dog for me. Embarrassing from start to finish and I want allerdyce shot out of a cannon into the sun at the end of the season.

We spent around £240m on players to take that step backwards.

The niggling concern/doubt I have is the lack of changes at operational/management level. I'm like a stuck record on that but as far as I can see, which is likely to be pretty limited, he's only brought in Ryazantsev and he promoted Robert Elstone and Denise Barrett-Baxendale to the board.

To use a poor analogy - it feels a bit like we have people used to shopping at Iceland, trying to shop at Waitrose.

There was reports that he can't exercise above 49.9% until a spade is in the ground on the stadium. Perhaps when that happens, Woods/Kenwright move on and we sweeping changes with new Moshiri business partners/management.

I did not say that !!!!!!!!!!! How much do we get? What will the funds be used for? You think they will be used for BMD and then no transfer kitty?
So how will the cash from the FA be apportioned in the spending plans of Everton FC?
As I said Mosh maybe be a billionaire on paper but not in cash, so how does it relate that he is a billionaire in a billion pound industry? What is your point?

My point is that we will have residents of LCC who will question why they are taking the risk of securing a loan for Everton to build a new stadium when its a industry with floods of money that pays players multi million pound contracts and owned by a billionaire.

Same as spurs and Liverpool did, they seem alright now.

This is what worries me.

Spurs and the RS are backed by proper billionaires.

They could afford to roll the dice until the Sevens came up......(although neither club is actually successful in terms of trophies won).

To quote the estimable @davek we have got the “poorest billionaire in the world”.

I don’t know how often he will be able to roll the dice before his inner Randy Lerner kicks in o_O

The niggling concern/doubt I have is the lack of changes at operational/management level. I'm like a stuck record on that but as far as I can see, which is likely to be pretty limited, he's only brought in Ryazantsev and he promoted Robert Elstone and Denise Barrett-Baxendale to the board.

To use a poor analogy - it feels a bit like we have people used to shopping at Iceland, trying to shop at Waitrose.

There was reports that he can't exercise above 49.9% until a spade is in the ground on the stadium. Perhaps when that happens, Woods/Kenwright move on and we sweeping changes with new Moshiri business partners/management.

I have not heard that before but if true it would go a long way to explaining why he has not, or was not allowed to, bought a controlling interest in the club.

Maybe that was a condition Bill inserted into the deal to keep Moshiri honest.

If so, it makes sense to me.

What do you think the state of the club would have been if Mosh had not bought into it? RM still the manager, BK still in charge, so in your words in that scenario what would we have become?
We'd have seen a new manager chosen by someone other than Moshiri and £300m spent a hell of a lot more wisely than it has been and we'd have been in a better position than we are today. GUARANTEED.

A water board contract and a stadium that has apparently all major players pulling in the one direction are slightly different animals.

The real brake on this project will be over cash. If Everton had their own to build this then the delays we'll face would be minimal. The fact that the club have to look to the public purse to get this built (almost certainly now 100% of it) is going to result in committee after committee and professional consultation after consultation, and perhaps even looked at more closely at central government level.

Moshiri has got a ball rolling on this because its a free shot in the dark. If it comes off he's hit the mother lode.

anything fancy of flamboyant will be shelved by these committee's too as they will not want the cost to spiral out of control.

once an amount is agreed to then I doubt we will be able to go cap in hand for more half way thro the build.

I'm expecting a very very basic design.

anything fancy of flamboyant will be shelved by these committee's too as they will not want the cost to spiral out of control.

once an amount is agreed to then I doubt we will be able to go cap in hand for more half way thro the build.

I'm expecting a very very basic design.
I think it'll be more than bog standard because they seem to have a decent architect in Meis....even if he can't keep his trap shut! But it won't be as good as it can be due to finances and also the straitjacket of what can and can't be allowed on that site.

This is the case. People can keep saying it will benefit LCC with the payments from us but the risk is still substantial.

People will question why a billionaire in a multi billion pound industry is getting LCC to act as a guarantor and if it does go all wrong it will be the people of Liverpool who cover the costs.

People need to take them blue tinted glasses off and see this. Joe's opponents will be against it, non footballing fans will be questioning why and that lot across the park will definately have a word to say.

If people think this will breeze through nice and easy, it wont.

all this is quite unnessersary to say the least isn't it.

its all geared up to save Moshiri an extra few quid on a better loan % rate.

I'm sure he can loan from China or one of his money men, even Usmanov has a personal wealth that wouldn't be fazed by a 500m loan.

the fact must be that Usmanov would want a 10% return on his loan whereas LCC can get it down to 4 or 5 %

there will still be plenty of meat on the bone if Moshiri were to borrow privately.

making LCC guarantor a loan of this amount is actually pretty scary , it could all go tits up. nothing is certain in football

Yes we've had a bad summer and a even worst season (still going to finish higher then 2 out of 3 of martinez seasons) but we look like we're addressing things, with brands, a new ceo and a new manager on the horizon. I'm not happy with the way things have been but sometimes you need to take a step backwards to take 2 forwards.

Everyone forgets that in the space of a year we've lost lukaku, Barkley, Barry and stones that's the spine of our team gone in a year. In the space of a year we've lost Coleman, mori, bolasie, basic, and McCarthy too year long injuries. Add to that no striker and Baines being injured for large parts of the season and it's just one of those seasons for me.

It's been horrible and mistakes have been made but we can kick on in the summer. If we'd of had a striker and another LB we'd easy be in 7th and very close to arsenal imo. Moshiri isn't a idiot he's just new to being in charge of a football club. Well at least that's what it feels like to me.

Although regardless of were we are in the league the football all season has been absolutely dog for me. Embarrassing from start to finish and I want allerdyce shot out of a cannon into the sun at the end of the season.

I see you are only a member of GOT a few months.
I think it’s only right in the interest of fairness to point out one salient fact that you seem to have overlooked.
Reasoned well thought out posts that are based on facts and not opinions do not go down well with a lot of posters.
I however do agree with all you said
Well done sir

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back