Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
This is what worries me.

Spurs and the RS are backed by proper billionaires.

They could afford to roll the dice until the Sevens came up......(although neither club is actually successful in terms of trophies won).

To quote the estimable @davek we have got the “poorest billionaire in the world”.

I don’t know how often he will be able to roll the dice before his inner Randy Lerner kicks in o_O

A billionaire who won't even entertain the thought of putting a penny of his own money into the new ground, instead concocts some shady deal with Joe Anderson to pay for it all while he reaps the rewards no doubt. It's like Karen Brady and he west ham lot getting the Olympic stadium.

This is what worries me.

They could afford to roll the dice until the Sevens came up......(although neither club is actually successful in terms of trophies won).

To quote the estimable @davek we have got the “poorest billionaire in the world”.

I don’t know how often he will be able to roll the dice before his inner Randy Lerner kicks in o_O

Up until this season Liverpool have been sell to buy as have spurs. They haven't been pumping millions of their own money into it. Since get have came in they have gotten rid of all the top earners at the club after until vvd came in I think Miller was their top earner on 150 grand a week and we all know how low spurs wage budget it.

Don't be fooled by people on here who seem to think all owners have to be like city's or their doing a terrible job or taking us backwards.

Look at their turnover compared to ours, we can't afford to be taking a massive hit like that.

As said in my post above Liverpool and spurs have been largely sell to buy for a good few seasons now. We will be alright if the management is sorted out. Sort the top out and we will have enough to compete with the likes of spurs and liverpool.

Don't forget how far we've been behind in terms of revenue for so long. Now we will be catching up over the next few seasons with the likes of the kitbag deal expiring and replacing old sponsors with new and better deals. We are now in a place to get the best deal for us not scrape round with cap in hand.

This is what worries me.

I think you will find that spurs owner in Barbados put very little of his own money into the club.
Liverpool present and previous owners put very little of their own money into the club for their “customers “
Their words not mine

This is what worries me.

When your quoting David, you have already lost.

The Spurs and Rs owners havent spent 1 single penny on either club, not 1 cent, but sure, hold them as a beacon.

My point is that we will have residents of LCC who will question why they are taking the risk of securing a loan for Everton to build a new stadium when its a industry with floods of money that pays players multi million pound contracts and owned by a billionaire.

You still miss the point, Mosh does not have floods of money to use, the industry will not lend EFC the money needed, so okay happen some risk in the loan security but if the stadium is built then the loan is secured against that.

Just because the PL is flooded with money, what is Everton's share and what has it to be used for?

So if it is a no to a LCC loan, then it is no stadium so what then ?

We'd have seen a new manager chosen by someone other than Moshiri and £300m spent a hell of a lot more wisely than it has been and we'd have been in a better position than we are today. GUARANTEED.

Nonsense, what new manager under BK - Moyes back?? and where would we have got 300 million plus no new stadium and GP failing with a small capacity, come on Dave.

Its in the accounts Frank, a legal public document.

But hey, lets all blame Moshiri for not catching Spurs in 2 years when they have a 5 year advantage.

He was gifted his Arsenal shares by Usmanov - no outlay form Moshiri at all, then he was given 200m from Usmanov for said gift.

which he used to purchase half of Everton.

he then set about selling every asset we had. after saying he wouldn't.

he has used that money plus the tv monies to re-invest in the club.

I'd love to see how he has spent anywhere near 300m of his own wealth on us.

hes cleared a few loans by the looks , that's about it

@davek

You still miss the point, Mosh does not have floods of money to use, the industry will not lend EFC the money needed, so okay happen some risk in the loan security but if the stadium is built then the loan is secured against that.

Just because the PL is flooded with money, what is Everton's share and what has it to be used for?

So if it is a no to a LCC loan, then it is no stadium so what then ?
They don't have to though, Spurs new stadium is being funded by a £500m naming rights issue and the rest is coming from their deal with the NFL.

When your quoting David, you have already lost.

The Spurs and Rs owners havent spent 1 single penny on either club, not 1 cent, but sure, hold them as a beacon.

Thank you, I will.

Because they sure as hell are doing sommat right as Spurs in particular have moved an ocean away from us in the last two years, even without their new ground.

And paying attention to Dave is always worthwhile.

Seems like only yesterday you were deriding him and anyone else pointing out Koeman’s shortcomings during that long barren spell between the middle of September and the middle of December in his first season and which portended all that was to follow :blush:

“Ronko” was da man to lead us to the Promised Land in your eyes.

No sir.... @davek is quite the sage when compared to your reading of the Everton zeitgeist :p

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back