Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Apparently they do, they were talking about it on the radio about a week ago although it's not been announced as to who it's with, unless that is how they want to pay the loans back? i just remember when i heard it and thinking why can't we do that instead of all this guff with shady Joe and his mates.

That's news to me!

No, we've got loans from a variety of banks, some long term, some bridging loans. I'm not a finance person so I don't know exactly how all these work, suffice to say the banks must be confident enough to be lending. So as to why you're not doing it, either the banks don't want to be involved OR Joe and his mates' offer is better than what the banks can offer by themselves.

As for our naming rights, could be that Levy is holding out for something really big, could be we're struggling to get what we want, could be we think we'll get more once people see the stadium operating and are therefore in no rush. I honestly don't know and am not going to pretend to know.

Last two seasons under Kenwright we saw net spends of £28M and £36M. If he'd had Stones and Lukaku to sell the net spend would have been as much as the net spend over the last two Moshiri controlled seasons....and I daresay the choice of manager he'd have made and the overseeing of spending would have seen better value for money in terms of squad quality.
shurrup David

Thank you, I will.

Because they sure as hell are doing sommat right as Spurs in particular have moved an ocean away from us in the last two years, even without their new ground.

And paying attention to Dave is always worthwhile.

Seems like only yesterday you were deriding him and anyone else pointing out Koeman’s shortcomings during that long barren spell between the middle of September and the middle of December in his first season and which portended all that was to follow :blush:

“Ronko” was da man to lead us to the Promised Land in your eyes.

No sir.... @davek is quite the sage when compared to your reading of the Everton zeitgeist :p

Spurs had the good fortune three years ago to gain a £90m windfall from the sale of Bale, which then was almost unprecedented. They sloshed it about on a load of overpriced B level players and to a large extent crashed and burned (some very interesting parallels with us there). They then had even better good fortune to persuade a very good manager to come and lead them. Don't underestimate the impact of this - he has also brought the best out of the few players that still remain at the club from that splurge (such as Eriksen, Lamela).

There but for the grace of God go we...

You do know that the TV money wont even cover our Wage bill in August?

But hey ho, keep banging that drum David.

Easily accounted for by increase in tv broadcasting:

Last two seasons wages before tv cash hike = £68M and £72M (tv cash in each season stood at £82M)
The last season in the accounts (2017) wages 92M but tv cash ramps up to £130M.

Increase in wages + fees easily paid for out of player sales and enormous tv cash hike.

As said: the feller's not had to stick his hand in his pocket for anything other than his own investment.

Last two seasons wages before tv cash hike = £68M and £72M (tv cash in each season stood at £82M)
The last season in the accounts (2017) wages 92M (a £10M increase) but tv cash ramps up to £130M.

Increase in wages + fees easily paid for out of player sales and enormous tv cash hike.

As said: the feller's not had to stick his hand in his pocket for anything other than his own investment.

Think you are looking at this the wrong way round mate.

It all becomes crystal clear if you do.

The last season in the accounts (2017) wages 92M (a £10M increase) but tv cash ramps up to £130M.

which was handed to him by Usmanov.

the feller doesn't seem very good at spending other people money does he.

might be different if it was HIS OWN cash.

that wont be happening anytime soon with us. he even wants LCC to guarantor a 500m loan when he could guarantor it himself.

Think you are looking at this the wrong way round mate.

It all becomes crystal clear if you do.

I'm not saying he;s taking money out of the club or even doing any worse than Kenwright did in his final few seasons; but it's laughable to point to buying up debt as a sacrifice on his part. Do we really think he's paid out £80M and wont claw that back somehow and sometime?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back