Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
which was handed to him by Usmanov.

the feller doesn't seem very good at spending other people money does he.

might be different if it was HIS OWN cash.

that wont be happening anytime soon with us. he even wants LCC to guarantor a 500m loan when he could guarantor it himself.
I think this is true. I see Moshiri as having the attitude of "well, that's cash generated by the club, let them use that in whatever way they want". If he really was putting cash into team affairs I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been letting that Dutch divvy throw £45M at a player with little resale value in three years time.

No he doesnt. And lets see.

cant wait to see how this finally unfolds.

there seems to be people 'itk' regards the financial implications of the deal, yet papers come out with contradictory stories.

almost like no-one has a clue as to whats happening!

I think this is true. I see Moshiri as having the attitude of "well, that's cash generated by the club, let them use that in whatever way they want". If he really was putting cash into team affairs I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been letting that Dutch divvy throw £45M at a player with little resale value in three years time.

and now he has realised we need someone as DOF who finds young talented players who have huge resale value, hence why he is going after Brands, who has made a career of doing just this.

I'm not saying he;s taking money out of the club or even doing any worse than Kenwright did in his final few seasons; but it's laughable to point to buying up debt as a sacrifice on his part. Do we really think he's paid out £80M and wont claw that back somehow and sometime?

And thats what I mean about looking at it the wrong way.

Look at the cash, real cash, folk at United and Arsenal have taken out of their clubs. Spurs paying Levy £6m this year.

Or look at the real cash they have put in. Zippo. Or at best, peanuts.

So then ask yourself, why? Why did they all get involved in the first place? Why until recently, was Moshiri looking at 15% of Arsenal in his portfolio, and saw what is happening on our doorstep, and perhaps, just perhaps, suggested to his boss that they might get more joy, literally and money wise, Up North?

Start getting a realistic answer to that, ^^^^^, then look at what is actually going on around us.........

Or, stay fixated on how much cash he has stumped up, and fume yourself to death.

But believe me, the other way is far more interesting, and makes quite a bit of sense.

cant wait to see how this finally unfolds.

there seems to be people 'itk' regards the financial implications of the deal, yet papers come out with contradictory stories.

almost like no-one has a clue as to whats happening!

I am not ITK in the slightest mate.

I just see maybe a narrative that could be miles off, that some others do. And some dont.

As I say above, instead of looking for reasons to dig the bloke out, (pointless, cos as you say, no one knows squat), ask yourself why. Why is he here?

I am not ITK in the slightest mate.

I just see maybe a narrative that could be miles off, that some others do. And some dont.

As I say above, instead of looking for reasons to dig the bloke out, (pointless, cos as you say, no one knows squat), ask yourself why. Why is he here?

tbf mate I have asked myself why regards mosh being here, and I'm starting to think he doesn't really know himself !!

I'm not even wumming.

I honestly think that Everton football club is a much much bigger task than he imagined.

time will tell if he has the wherewithal to sort us out top to bottom.

I really hope he can and succeeds.

I'm just fed up with the mess that we continue to be .

I admit my views are very cynical, but its sooooo hard to be positive at the moment.

its the hope that kills you

anyway

NSNO

Spurs had the good fortune three years ago to gain a £90m windfall from the sale of Bale, which then was almost unprecedented. They sloshed it about on a load of overpriced B level players and to a large extent crashed and burned (some very interesting parallels with us there). They then had even better good fortune to persuade a very good manager to come and lead them. Don't underestimate the impact of this - he has also brought the best out of the few players that still remain at the club from that splurge (such as Eriksen, Lamela).

There but for the grace of God go we...

Or.....there with the grace of God we will follow :)

Who knows, happen we will get lucky and find a manager capable of getting a tune out of Bolasie, Keane, Schneiderlin, Klassen etc.

My worry is that we do not have an owner in the same financial league as Joe Lewis and there is only so much Moshiri can chuck at this “project”.

Heck knows what will happen if we fail with another splurge like last year :(

Look at the cash, real cash, folk at United and Arsenal have taken out of their clubs. Spurs paying Levy £6m this year.

So then ask yourself, why? Why did they all get involved in the first place? Why until recently, was Moshiri looking at 15% of Arsenal in his portfolio, and saw what is happening on our doorstep, and perhaps, just perhaps, suggested to his boss that they might get more joy, literally and money wise, Up North?

Start getting a realistic answer to that, ^^^^^, then look at what is actually going on around us.........

Or, stay fixated on how much cash he has stumped up, and fume yourself to death.

But believe me, the other way is far more interesting, and makes quite a bit of sense.
It's not either/or.

We dont have to swallow dubious claims that he's put money into this club to make it better on the field to allow for the point that he MIGHT be the thin end of the wedge for future investment.

I honestly think that Everton football club is a much much bigger task than he imagined.

He has made short term rickets in recruitment, not a doubt.

And if you think the big task here is purely EFC, well, I believe we are part of a far wider game being played out.

It's not either/or.

We dont have to swallow dubious claims that he's put money into this club to make it better on the field to allow for the point that he MIGHT be the thin end of the wedge for future investment.

I havnt made such a claim though.

What he has done, balance sheet wise, was to clean it up. (that non dated nil interest nil repayment £80m he shifted), which makes other funding/profit "easier" for the business to secure.

Has made mistakes? For sure. Is the medium/long term goals intact? Yep. From this observer anyrate.

He has made short term rickets in recruitment, not a doubt.

And if you think the big task here is purely EFC, well, I believe we are part of a far wider game being played out.

this summer we could have big departures:

CEO gone

Chairman - possibly gone

Allardyce gone

Coaching staff gone

DOF gone

this is one HUGE potential clearout.

now, with our recruitment, shoddy to say the least, our club could be in a massive mess if all this happens at the season end.

we need an owner confident in his own ability to persuade the right people to come and join our club.

its going to be our biggest pre season ever

this will define Farhard Moshiri's Everton

Some lads will only ever hear their own drum beating , no matter how much noise the other drums make.

I havnt made such a claim though.

What he has done, balance sheet wise, was to clean it up. (that non dated nil interest nil repayment £80m he shifted), which makes other funding/profit "easier" for the business to secure.

Has made mistakes? For sure. Is the medium/long term goals intact? Yep. From this observer anyrate.
I think we have to break this assessment of Moshiri into two spheres: governance and ownership. For me, and I know he isn't the chairman but he is very hands on, he has overseen a disaster since arriving in terms of governance: we have wasted a fortune to get worse. That's happened on his watch. On ownership he is still an unknown quantity. Will he move the club forward commercially and in terms of infrastructure? Maybe, maybe not. Too early to tell.

He is very much on trial given what's happened so far though in terms of club governance.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back