Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Through ENIC the club got a £40m interest free loan to allow the stadium construction to start whilst bank financing was being finalised, but no, Lewis is hands-off - much, much more so than Moshiri. He's the ultimate owner, but we're just one of his investment group's assets at the end of the day.
So all Billionaire owners don’t put their hands in their pockets like Moshiri.
I’m really impressed by what Levy/ Poch have achieved at Spurs.
However I fell they need a trophy to cement their achievements and I think though hope not that their salary scale may see some of their better players cherry picked by richer clubs

Through ENIC the club got a £40m interest free loan to allow the stadium construction to start whilst bank financing was being finalised, but no, Lewis is hands-off - much, much more so than Moshiri. He's the ultimate owner, but we're just one of his investment group's assets at the end of the day.

But thats 100% the same as Moshiri.

Everton is just 1 of his many investments.

But thats 100% the same as Moshiri.

Everton is just 1 of his many investments.

Fair enough, I know Moshiri is closer to Lewis than - say - Abramovich, but I'd got the impression Moshiri had put some of his own money in when he came in to pay down debts etc? And I didn't just mean it in a financial sense anyway. Moshiri is putting himself in the public eye, he's fronting everything and making personal promises about what will be delivered in a way Lewis never would. Let's put it this way, I don't think Lewis will ever be phoning up Sky Sports News on transfer deadline day.

Fair enough, I know Moshiri is closer to Lewis than - say - Abramovich, but I'd got the impression Moshiri had put some of his own money in when he came in to pay down debts etc? And I didn't just mean it in a financial sense anyway. Moshiri is putting himself in the public eye, he's fronting everything and making personal promises about what will be delivered in a way Lewis never would. Let's put it this way, I don't think Lewis will ever be phoning up Sky Sports News on transfer deadline day.

Oh I agree, I honestly wouldnt know what Joe Lewis looked like if I was in the same room as him, I just meant that Moshiri, whilst he has certainly been more hands on than Joe Lewis, isnt really the full time man on the job that say somebody like Kenwright is.

Only negative for me is his public statements - needs to keep it behind close doors.

If Walsh and Koeman had recruited right we would all be singing Moshiri's praises its because they both cocked up and the season has been a shambles that he's getting pelters.

I'll reserve judgement for this summer - if he punts Walsh and Sam and makes 2 ambitious appointments then he deserves praise.

People forget how bleak and depressing we were under Kenwright - clutching onto any daily star rumour of a takeover only for the club to come out and deny it and reaffirm Bills '24/7 search for investment'.

Moshiri hasnt been a success but thats not all down to him - thats down to the manager, DOF and players. Hopefully we have a sweep and we can move forward. Lets not forget clubs outside the top 6 barely spend money - Saints sold VVD for 75 million and didnt even reinvest half of that in players - for those moaning about Mosh be careful what you wish for.

The niggling concern/doubt I have is the lack of changes at operational/management level. I'm like a stuck record on that but as far as I can see, which is likely to be pretty limited, he's only brought in Ryazantsev and he promoted Robert Elstone and Denise Barrett-Baxendale to the board.

To use a poor analogy - it feels a bit like we have people used to shopping at Iceland, trying to shop at Waitrose.

There was reports that he can't exercise above 49.9% until a spade is in the ground on the stadium. Perhaps when that happens, Woods/Kenwright move on and we sweeping changes with new Moshiri business partners/management.
Well ok, but Sam Allardyce?

Moshiri main problem and only real mistake i think is the appointment of Walsh, A great scout no doubt but he was put in a job that wasn't only alien to him but also to the club, no one really knows who is responsible for what, and who buys the players. Players can be very hit and miss as we all know, i still believe Sandro and Klassen could be quality players, they where just badly managed at the start of the season. The lack of an experienced striker and having no pace in the team had us hamstrung from day one, the preseason was a total joke, and wasn't helped by the Europa league. The only signing we got right was Pickford, an without him we would be getting relagated, with or without Sam

Moshiri main problem and only real mistake i think is the appointment of Walsh, A great scout no doubt but he was put in a job that wasn't only alien to him but also to the club, no one really knows who is responsible for what, and who buys the players. Players can be very hit and miss as we all know, i still believe Sandro and Klassen could be quality players, they where just badly managed at the start of the season. The lack of an experienced striker and having no pace in the team had us hamstrung from day one, the preseason was a total joke, and wasn't helped by the Europa league. The only signing we got right was Pickford, an without him we would be getting relagated, with or without Sam
He's about to sack(hopefully) and payout his 3rd Manager and their backroom staff in 2 years. And you think that is his only mistake?
Oh my.

He's about to sack(hopefully) and payout his 3rd Manager and their backroom staff in 2 years. And you think that is his only mistake?
Oh my.
Yes because if we got a decent DOF in, Koeman would still be here and we be in the top 6, instead we brought badly and over paid for players

I love your dedication to the man.
I’m not dedicated to him at all, last season we played some good football and we where hammering teams at home, 4-0 vs Hull 6-3 vs Bournemouth, to name a few and broke our home wins in a row record. Then the summer happened and Walsh excuse for leaving us striker less was the Lukaku stat. That one sentence summed him up and is probably the catalyst for us getting a new DOF.

Koeman management this year was awful but he was left with a imbalanced squad

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back