Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Or.....there with the grace of God we will follow :)

Who knows, happen we will get lucky and find a manager capable of getting a tune out of Bolasie, Keane, Schneiderlin, Klassen etc.

My worry is that we do not have an owner in the same financial league as Joe Lewis and there is only so much Moshiri can chuck at this “project”.

Heck knows what will happen if we fail with another splurge like last year :(
I don’t think Mr Lewis throws a lot of cash , if any at Spurs @RobSpurs

I think we have to break this assessment of Moshiri into two spheres: governance and ownership. For me, and I know he isn't the chairman but he is very hands on, he has overseen a disaster since arriving in terms of governance: we have wasted a fortune to get worse. That's happened on his watch. On ownership he is still an unknown quantity. Will he move the club forward commercially and in terms of infrastructure? Maybe, maybe not. Too early to tell.

He is very much on trial given what's happened so far though in terms of club governance.

Wouldnt disagree mate.

Short term bump in the road I very much believe. Well, hope.

Actually before Koeman was appointed I said he was an utter clown and wouldnt do anything, while he was here I supported him, like I do all Everton managers, but sure, keep listening to Dave.

lollollol
You not bored of having this same fight with Dave over and over? Not matter what good anyone at Everton does Dave will put it down.

He probably thinks EITC is a waste of time and a joke

Did I imagine it when Moshiri arrived that there was some sort of quote about wanting a board of billionaires?

a board of billionaires would be pointless.

they never spend ANY of their own cash. EVER

hence being billionaires. I bet they saved every penny from their paper rounds and tips and that's where they started out!

Probably not.

As others have pointed out, these mega rich guys don’t.

What he does and what John Henry does is they underwrite anything that is spent at the club.

And to that end those boys have the wherewithal to underwrite far more expenditure on both the team and the club’s infrastructure than Mr. Moshiri does here.

Ergo they can spin the wheel more often than we can.

Probably not.

As others have pointed out, these mega rich guys don’t.

What he does and what John Henry does is they underwrite anything that is spent at the club.

And to that end those boys have the wherewithal to underwrite far more expenditure on both the team and the club’s infrastructure than Mr. Moshiri does here.

Ergo they can spin the wheel more often than we can.

its why kroenke owns Arsenal.

its gives him huge leverage in the financial market.

You not bored of having this same fight with Dave over and over? Not matter what good anyone at Everton does Dave will put it down.

He probably thinks EITC is a waste of time and a joke

Not bored no, I enjoy engaging with David and others, its just that we are all so entrenched in our agenda that neither "party" will bend to the others will.

Its just a case of waiting and seeing at this point.

We as a club need wholesale change, if WE can see that, you would hope that others can, those others can do things WE cant, so yeah, lets wait and see.

Through ENIC the club got a £40m interest free loan to allow the stadium construction to start whilst bank financing was being finalised, but no, Lewis is hands-off - much, much more so than Moshiri. He's the ultimate owner, but we're just one of his investment group's assets at the end of the day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back