Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Doesn't matter if I thought he was a great signing or poor one...he WAS a catastrophic manager and Moshiri is tasked with getting people to do their homework on what Koeman could possibly achieve here and what his strengths and weaknesses were. He did none of that and hired him due to a gut reaction he'd be the answer....then he compounds it by fumbling the Silva deal and hiring an embarrassment.

Who were the two managers Dave? All very well with hindsight bemoaning the signing of RK but many folk thought it was a positive step. Add to that Dave why are you so positive about Silva? and to me Mosh did not mess it up but his club wanted to keep him so there was an impasse.
I take it you would also prefer him to Fonseca is that so? Why if that is the case?

Coming to another point if Mosh had not bought into Everton what would we have become, perhaps you could clarify what in your opinion.

Thing is nobody wants to accept this,Silva only failed to distance himself from the job,Howe seems very happy where he is.Like it or not there was nobody else interested.

Quite. We were in a mess after Southampton. Not gonna lie, I was seriously terrified of the state of us.

As ever, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Who were the two managers Dave? All very well with hindsight bemoaning the signing of RK but many folk thought it was a positive step. Add to that Dave why are you so positive about Silva? and to me Mosh did not mess it up but his club wanted to keep him so there was an impasse.
I take it you would also prefer him to Fonseca is that so? Why if that is the case?

Coming to another point if Mosh had not bought into Everton what would we have become, perhaps you could clarify what in your opinion.
I'm not really advocating Silva. I;d put him in the same category as Howe. If we appointed either I wouldn't see it as a major step forward for us, but at the same time - and after this season - I wouldn't be opposed...in fact I'd breathe a sigh of relief we had someone with experience of this league who also knew how to play some football.

I'm not really advocating Silva. I;d put him in the same category as Howe. If we appointed either I wouldn't see it as a major step forward for us, but at the same time - and after this season - I wouldn't be opposed...in fact I'd breathe a sigh of relief we had someone with experience of this league who also knew how to play some football.

Incomplete response to my post.

I’m not saying I want Howe but at least he has a plan and a style, that’s what’s missing with Sam, he chops and changes and has no clear style that I can see.
It’s as if he taps opposition stats into a computer and it tells him who should play.

I have no idea who we should go for, but hopefully someone with a long term plan and knows what he wants.

The two managers were Moyes and Martinez.

Cheers Dave, I am not going to ask further but would rather leave the lid on the whole can of worms relating to the last ten seasons and let it pass into the archives of Everton's history.

Need to look forward, Stadium (fingers crossed), new manager and dof, sort out the playing squad ( get rid of the has beens or near has beens), get decent sponsorship.

I’m not saying I want Howe but at least he has a plan and a style, that’s what’s missing with Sam, he chops and changes and has no clear style that I can see.
It’s as if he taps opposition stats into a computer and it tells him who should play.

I have no idea who we should go for, but hopefully someone with a long term plan and knows what he wants.

The problem is some people post Koeman and Alladyce are willing to accept any manager just because they have a style.

Its all well and good having a style - but if they are inflexible in that style/unable to be successful with it then they will make the same mistakes like Martinez and it will be just as frustrating as things are now.

But would you want or see Howe as long term new manager to replace BFS?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back