Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Agreed , but if we are relegated and the stadium becomes a non runner than why would Moshiri take up his option to buy the shares.
As I said to Goat unless a certain yacht cruises up the Mersey Moshiri isn’t funding this privately.
Institutions would think twice about lending 500m to a Championship club with no guarantee that they would bounce straight back up ( Villa, Sunderland , Leeds Etc )

Soz mate, missed the reference to being relegated this season. As above, unthinkable, hence Sam.

No but I think relegation was on Kenwright’s mind when he appointed FSA and that’s what started this tangent , who was responsible for FSA appointment, Moshiri or Kenwright

Im sure it was on everybodys mind.

People dont want to admit it, but we needed Sam, at the time we were in total freefall and everybody was knocking us back.

So whoever made the decision, I personally think it was the right thing to do.

People dont want to admit it, but we needed Sam, at the time we were in total freefall and everybody was knocking us back.

Well hopefully he has done what he was employed to do and we may have dodged a bullet with Silva and get Emery ( I’m surprised there has not been a whole load of [Poor language removed] Emery quotes when he’s mentioned ) or Fonseca as our next manager

yes cos everyone want to live next to a football stadium don't they.

it would be more sky scrapers and such

The price of land and property in the area doesn’t increase substantially even after an announcement of a stadium being built.

Happened with Arsenal and Wembley.

Covered it a little in my dissertation.

I have sympathy with that. The must win games were won. However, you're kidding yourself if you think Allardyce was the only one who could have come in and got us 40 points by this stage. It was a short term appointment that now leaves us with instability again. THAT's why it has to be condemned overall.

I have sympathy with that. The must win games were won. However, you're kidding yourself if you think Allardyce was the only one who could have come in and got us 40 points by this stage. It was a short term appointment that now leaves us with instability again. THAT's why it has to be condemned overall.

AT THE TIME.

Who?

Hes not the only 1 who could have done it, we had lots of games to play and a reasonably talented squad compared to our relegation peers.

Lets say, for his benefit, he was the right person at the right time.

AT THE TIME.

Who?
Obviously: Silva for one. And someone like Howe could have been brought in too. Look at what the Watford manager did when he replaced Silva.

We just have fire-fighting as the default instinct at the hierarchy of EFC. There's no strategic planning.

Hes not the only 1 who could have done it, we had lots of games to play and a reasonably talented squad compared to our relegation peers.

Was available. Thats it basically. Have had to hold our noses ever since, but whether or not *random manager* could have done the trick, fact is, he has.

Now, we move.

He did a job, no question. He just wasn't a great choice because it meant we deferred to the summer a time of reckoning and FURTHER instability. The summer will be all about the new manager when it should have been all about who we bring in and let go on the playing side.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back