Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
..it’s a very good point and for that reason, Moshiri might view the appointment a success. The main issue now is where do we go from here. I hoped Allardyce might demonstrate some vision, release the shackles now that we’re safe. The fans would’ve liked him to bring in a new face to two, try and be a bit more expansive but we continue to get more of the same. That is my concern.
He still has to go. He’s not the right face of the vision Moshiri claims to have for Everton.

We were all scared of relegation when he arrived, and the players were clueless how to stop the rot under two Managers.
I can’t stand the bloke and want him gone as much as anyone, but the reality is that he has achieved what he was brought in for.
I get what your saying but our minimum requirement is surly 7th even after the bad start we had, 6 points off Spurs when he came in

This isn't a mess of Sam's creation. It's Koeman/Walsh's. Give him the summer and the start of the next season to try and sort it out.
Yeah let's splash another 150m with him and Walsh at the helm and sack him 10 games in if it's not working. No. Get him gone, let a proven winner or at least a younger manager with potential have a shot. Do one Scam.

We have a new DOF coming in, sure his question would have been, who the manager? An if they said Allardyce he probably wouldn’t have come.

Theo reply was very stinging. You expect a reply of something like. “There totally different” not “there on different levels”

I’m sure Moshiri would have spoken to a few of the players even if it’s just in passing

We have a new DOF coming in, sure his question would have been, who the manager? An if they said Allardyce he probably wouldn’t have come.

Theo reply was very stinging. You expect a reply of something like. “There totally different” not “there on different levels”

I’m sure Moshiri would have spoken to a few of the players even if it’s just in passing
Not sure, I do think he was referring to general outlook/footballing philosophy and not a statement on effectiveness.

Walcott is too intelligent a player to make those kind of barbed comments on live tv, I am sure Allardyce will be aware of the actual meaning.

I fully agree. I want him out. But we aren’t 17th. We are 8th. Any chance we would be in 8th right now with Koeman or Unsworth?

I don't know mate. I do see what you're saying which is why I haven't called him to be sacked before the end of the season and I fully accept your claim that he's actually done his job.

I'm just saying it was a dead easy job, I think.

This isn't a mess of Sam's creation. It's Koeman/Walsh's. Give him the summer and the start of the next season to try and sort it out.
You think a manager who came out of retirement to take this job should be given a summer to overhaul our squad for future seasons?

Jesus Christ.

It’s amazing that you’ve managed to think that it’s a good idea, it truly is.

You think a manager who came out of retirement to take this job should be given a summer to overhaul our squad for future seasons?

Jesus Christ.

It’s amazing that you’ve managed to think that it’s a good idea, it truly is.
I am just making the point that the disaster that we found ourselves in when he arrived, and to a slightly lesser extent that we find ourselves in now, was not of his making.

We that in mind we need to take a step back from the abuse when you consider what he was handed when he got here.

Mate, he's had 4 months and the style of play is shocking, if he was any kind of progressive manager he'd have an attacking style of play going by now.

He's use to firefighting, being hard to beat, scraping results to keep teams up, you do not associate Sam Allardyce with attacking pleasant on the eye football, he's not the one for us.

Served his purpose, we are in the Prem next season, give him his 6m and lets move on to a manager that can get us playing proper football fitting of this club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back