Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

If 8th is acceptable for moshiri this season it’s likely to be acceptable next as well

I agree completely what happens with Sam will tell alot about the clubs ambitions.

Fonesca and Silva both available for nothing
Outsiders of Wenger and Emery out of work

Lets be honest this is our best chance to appoint a manager for a longish term project its Moshiri's call.

Personally I think Moshiri does want better otherwise he wouldn't have pursued Koeman like he done and offered £10 million for Silva when he could have got Alladyce straight away.

I wouldn't be shocked if we kept him but im 60/40 in favour of the Mosh letting him go.

I agree completely what happens with Sam will tell alot about the clubs ambitions.

Fonesca and Silva both available for nothing
Outsiders of Wenger and Emery out of work

Lets be honest this is our best chance to appoint a manager for a longish term project its Moshiri's call.

Personally I think Moshiri does want better otherwise he wouldn't have pursued Koeman like he done and offered £10 million for Silva when he could have got Alladyce straight away.

I wouldn't be shocked if we kept him but im 60/40 in favour of the Mosh letting him go.

Exactly. He may save £6mill keeping Allardyce but if it all goes wrong part way into next season, or even if it doesnt and Allardyce sees his contract out, Emery, Silva and Fonsca will all be 1 year into contracts with new clubs. It would cost £££ to buy them out, thats even if the clubs give them permission to speak.

May as well go after your 1st and 2nd targets whilst they are free than wait.

Exactly. He may save £6mill keeping Allardyce but if it all goes wrong part way into next season, or even if it doesnt and Allardyce sees his contract out, Emery, Silva and Fonsca will all be 1 year into contracts with new clubs. It would cost £££ to buy them out, thats even if the clubs give them permission to speak.

May as well go after your 1st and 2nd targets whilst they are free than wait.

Exactly I doubt he will want a similiar situation to this season where targets were limited and/or unobtainable.

If he wants Fonesca, Silva or Wenger Alladyce will be gone in 3 games time imo.

Think his tenure to date has been a major learning curve. Somehow feel that the BMD move (if or whenever it happens) has taken his eye off the main target and that is establishing us as a major player on the field. Can't help but think he has staked too much reliance on Kenwright and Suntan in footballing terms leaving him free to pursue the ground move. The time, however, is now upon him to sort out the board/executive side of things and ridding himself of the dinosaurs in the club. Bring in some hard nosed commercial and footballing people. A complete overhaul is required top down and until that happens I really cannot see the club progressing any time soon.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back