Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Think his tenure to date has been a major learning curve. Somehow feel that the BMD move (if or whenever it happens) has taken his eye off the main target and that is establishing us as a major player on the field. Can't help but think he has staked too much reliance on Kenwright and Suntan in footballing terms leaving him free to pursue the ground move. The time, however, is now upon him to sort out the board/executive side of things and ridding himself of the dinosaurs in the club. Bring in some hard nosed commercial and footballing people. A complete overhaul is required top down and until that happens I really cannot see the club progressing any time soon.
Possibly.
Or, also quite possibly, he is clueless when it comes to football? All the money in the world can’t help that.
We shall find out soon enough.

Absolute wet the beds everywhere, Moshiri wanted him on a 6 month contract, had to offer him 18 months when we were desperate after we couldn't get Silva.

How many new Everton managers get 18 month contracts?, what does that tell you about the way Moshiri is thinking?

Has Allardyce been a success here?, are the fans behind him?

He is gone in the summer, and Fonseca will be here.

Absolute wet the beds everywhere, Moshiri wanted him on a 6 month contract, had to offer him 18 months when we were desperate after we couldn't get Silva.
How many new Everton managers get 18 month contracts?, what does that tell you about the way Moshiri is thinking?
Has Allardyce been a success here?, are the fans behind him?
He is gone in the summer, and Fonseca will be here.
yes, and no

Moshiri watched that lastnight, we are about as bad at playing football as we've ever been, that is down to Allardyce and his methods.
I’m sure he have spoken to some of the players and based on Theo match interview he wants him gone. I expect Sam to be sacked today or it confirmed he is leaving

He’s been a success for the mission he was brought here to achieve. We can’t deny him that.

Yep. Although I still think asking him to be better than three other clubs in this utterly woeful league was the easiest tasks he's had in football regardless of how poor we were when he came in. The truth is, he had a chance to change the way people think about him and actually have a good go with some talented players. He hasn't taken it.

Mate 24 games and the 10th most expensive squad in Europe, wasn’t hard, not to mention the rubbish in this league this season
We were all scared of relegation when he arrived, and the players were clueless how to stop the rot under two Managers.
I can’t stand the bloke and want him gone as much as anyone, but the reality is that he has achieved what he was brought in for.

Yep. Although I still think asking him to be better than three other clubs in this utterly woeful league was the easiest tasks he's had in football regardless of how poor we were when he came in. The truth is, he had a chance to change the way people think about him and actually have a good go with some talented players. He hasn't taken it.
I fully agree. I want him out. But we aren’t 17th. We are 8th. Any chance we would be in 8th right now with Koeman or Unsworth?

We were all scared of relegation when he arrived, and the players were clueless how to stop the rot under two Managers.
I can’t stand the bloke and want him gone as much as anyone, but the reality is that he has achieved what he was brought in for.

..it’s a very good point and for that reason, Moshiri might view the appointment a success. The main issue now is where do we go from here. I hoped Allardyce might demonstrate some vision, release the shackles now that we’re safe. The fans would’ve liked him to bring in a new face to two, try and be a bit more expansive but we continue to get more of the same. That is my concern.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back