Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Absolute wet the beds everywhere, Moshiri wanted him on a 6 month contract, had to offer him 18 months when we were desperate after we couldn't get Silva.

How many new Everton managers get 18 month contracts?, what does that tell you about the way Moshiri is thinking?

Has Allardyce been a success here?, are the fans behind him?

He is gone in the summer, and Fonseca will be here.

I’d love to go for a pint with you and Dave
That would be some craic

I would have taken 17th by +1 goal difference at the time.
At the time I agree we looked doom but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The facts are we had 24 games left, we played 1/3 of a season, we should be 7th now, I’ll give you an example

In December Plymouth where in the bottom 3, there now 3 points behind 6th with a game in hand

..it’s a very good point and for that reason, Moshiri might view the appointment a success. The main issue now is where do we go from here. I hoped Allardyce might demonstrate some vision, release the shackles now that we’re safe. The fans would’ve liked him to bring in a new face to two, try and be a bit more expansive but we continue to get more of the same. That is my concern.
I think Sam hopes a winning or at least an unbeaten run to the end of the season will save his job.
I’ll try and find the link but the report by an American website ESPN I think summed up Sam’s tenure perfectly.
He had the chance to go clear in 7th and guarantee Europe but bottled it against Burnley and Watford in 2 expected defeats
Those are 2 games we should have and could have won.
We lost both so why not go for it and at least try to win

Mate, he's had 4 months and the style of play is shocking, if he was any kind of progressive manager he'd have an attacking style of play going by now.

He's use to firefighting, being hard to beat, scraping results to keep teams up, you do not associate Sam Allardyce with attacking pleasant on the eye football, he's not the one for us.

Served his purpose, we are in the Prem next season, give him his 6m and lets move on to a manager that can get us playing proper football fitting of this club.

Yes.

Last night we had one shot on target. One.
Against Newcastle.

Sam’s counter argument will be we kept a clean sheet and won.

Which would be an argument. If we were, say, Stoke and in a relegation fight. (I know you're just presenting a likely rebuttal)
But if we can't go all-out attack in a game like this, we never will under Allardyce.
There's no intention to make Everton a more adventurous and attacking team and without that we'll never get success.
Survival isn't the benchmark of what Everton should aspire to. If it is, if that's the long term aim,we might as well give up now as we would all be wasting our time and our money.

Which would be an argument. If we were, say, Stoke and in a relegation fight. (I know you're just presenting a likely rebuttal)
But if we can't go all-out attack in a game like this, we never will under Allardyce.
There's no intention to make Everton a more adventurous and attacking team and without that we'll never get success.
Survival isn't the benchmark of what Everton should aspire to. If it is, if that's the long term aim,we might as well give up now as we would all be wasting our time and our money.
Agree with all of that my friend.

By employing Sam in the first place puts us in the same bracket as the likes of stoke ,wba,palace etc . Moshiri's ambition is the stadium the football aspect is survival first unless the natives get restless .we will have to see how the stadium progresses but football wise the guy is clueless

Agree with this.

Allardyce has shown he is capable of getting respectable results in the home games, and with the added benefit of a very poor league (outside the top 5 or 6), he has us in 8th position. Results wise he has done a decent enough job considering the state we were in when he arrived.

But the football on show is poor, and the style is equally as poor. I genuinely don't understand the caution he has shown since January when we've been all but safe, but especially since we hit 40 points. It just shows he is not the right man for the job beyond this season.

I've been prepared to cut him some slack until the end of the season but he's starting to irritate me with his style of play, his bitterness towards certain people and his self serving attitude. He is not fit to progress this football club and belongs at a side hoping to finish between 10th and 15th.

Our ambitions are far higher than that.

Moshiri now has the biggest role to play. Its been a bit of a Bill pantomime so far. 4 managers in 2 years. No direction. Back to where we were when he arrived( or worse IMO). He now needs to set out his vision for both on the field and off it. The club needs structure and a vision. Looks like a new DOF and CEO to come in along with a first team manager. He needs to get all 3 right and another major thing. Communication to the fans of his vision.

Moshiri now has the biggest role to play. Its been a bit of a Bill pantomime so far. 4 managers in 2 years. No direction. Back to where we were when he arrived( or worse IMO). He now needs to set out his vision for both on the field and off it. The club needs structure and a vision. Looks like a new DOF and CEO to come in along with a first team manager. He needs to get all 3 right and another major thing. Communication to the fans of his vision.

We need a new CEO
A new Commercial Director
A new DOF
A new Manager
4/5 top quality players to slot straight into our first team
We need to ship out 10/12 players
Oh we need a new stadium
Mosh/Ali make it so

We need a new CEO
A new Commercial Director
A new DOF
A new Manager
4/5 top quality players to slot straight into our first team
We need to ship out 10/12 players
Oh we need a new stadium
Mosh/Ali make it so
You just summarised about 1500 of my posts right there!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back