Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
You would hope Moshiri can make a CEO appointment quickly as he has had two years to think about who he would want in the job. The person really has to be the de-facto king at the club and the person calling the shots and in the media with Moshiri then left to do his own thing elsewhere.

I hope Brands if he is coming has been told who that might be but in reality it’s all ifs and buts. We don’t know for sure what is going to happen.

The big problem may be so many new people having to work from scratch with each other though things can hardly get worse either. I hope he has clarified in his own mind the distinction between CEO and DOF and between DOF and Manager. I am uncomfortable at so many different roles and that’s even before considering the chairman and Ryazantsev.
I would be surprised if the new CEO wasn't Ryazantsev. It seems to me he's been at the club as Moshiris man in preparation for Elstones departure and Moshiri assuming full control.

But woudn't you expect a plan like that to be in place when he came in and the "outlay" - which will be covered- the minimum in terms of rolling out his vision?

Not really. I think he had the plan on his head but it’s very difficult to put any sort of ground work in to place before you you own the club. There were other bidders for the club and an acquisition is never done until it’s done.

I would be surprised if the new CEO wasn't Ryazantsev. It seems to me he's been at the club as Moshiris man in preparation for Elstones departure and Moshiri assuming full control.

Perhaps you could be right, but I was under the impression that his skill-set was a bit more restricted, to corporate finance.

It would make a good starting point, but if that's correct, he would be lacking in actual football business management.

It depends on what Moshiri is after.

Perhaps you could be right, but I was under the impression that his skill-set was a bit more restricted, to corporate finance.

It would make a good starting point, but if that's correct, he would be lacking in actual football business management.

It depends on what Moshiri is after.
Isn't Elstone an accountant by trade? Admittedly he had Rugby League experience.
Ryazantsev may well have been learning on the job whilst Elstone was still here. We all have to start somewhere.
He remains my bet anyway.

..he might think the Allardyce appointment was a success given how bad we were and us now being safe. Perhaps his longer term managerial target wasn’t available until summer so everything is going to plan.

I don’t think any of us truly know what goes on.

That last bit can’t be right eggs
This forum is riddled with ITK’s and footballing experts

Learning on the job from Robert Elstone?
God help us all.
Groucho-Marx-Learn-from-the-mistakes-of-others-You-can-never-live-long-enough-to-make-them-all-yourself-800x510.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back