Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I just know Everton and their hierarchy. They are unfit for purpose. Whatever the regime in power. I just dont believe they can get anything worthwhile done...and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that way.
Thats because of Kenwright and Elstone, Elstone isn't fit to run a football club, he never been a CEO before and celebrates mediocrity

So what's the big improvement on Kenwright? If he'd have stayed we'd have had player sale cash plus the tv cash to spend.

He's here and bought shares and debt...and he's in the process of giving the club a minimum of £500M debt for a stadium that will benefit him ultimately.

This is not a benefactor of any description and he's a speculator only in as much as the shares/debt he's bought is a sure thing for him personally.

Nope, sorry. I cant and wont have the wool pulled over my eyes. Some might see the spending as proof of a game changer. It isn't though and the majority of Evertonians I'm delighted to say dont see it that way either.

I agree with most of what you say.

Is he a benefactor? Moshiri wants a return on his investment no doubt.

Is he any better than Kenwright? Time will tell. So far, no. But, he has the money behind him to be able to clear our debts (well, convert it to his debt) which does give us many more options than we previously had. If the stadium comes off, I’d argue he will have had more success as largest shareholder than Kenwright did (yes, it’s still early days).

I still maintain that it’s fairytale stuff to expect a man of Moshiris means to pump money into player transfers in today’s market.

I agree with most of what you say.

Is he a benefactor? Moshiri wants a return on his investment no doubt.

Is he any better than Kenwright? Time will tell. So far, no. But, he has the money behind him to be able to clear our debts (well, convert it to his debt) which does give us many more options than we previously had. If the stadium comes off, I’d argue he will have had more success as largest shareholder than Kenwright did (yes, it’s still early days).

I still maintain that it’s fairytale stuff to expect a man of Moshiris means to pump money into player transfers in today’s market.
As far as I understand this was and is the only major impact he's had: allowing that Pru debt to be squared off in order to green light a stadium scheme.

But woudn't you expect a plan like that to be in place when he came in and the "outlay" - which will be covered- the minimum in terms of rolling out his vision?

As far as I understand this was and is the only major impact he's had: allowing that Pru debt to be squared off in order to green light a stadium scheme.

But woudn't you expect a plan like that to be in place when he came in and the "outlay" - which will be covered- the minimum in terms of rolling out his vision?

All the accounting tricks, and the FF deal were done pretty quickly. Seemed so anyrate.

You know my view on the ground, and the surrounding issues, ergo, its gonna happen. But I said the other day, I am starting to ponder on the time lines atm.

Is it cash flow with Moshiri? Is it delays in a mate coming over? Is it the normal time frame for big stadium stuff to happen? Are he/we really having trouble getting the balance sorted?

Dunno is the short answer. But like @MoutsGoat said earlier, Moshiri didnt become an over night Blue. The end game, imo, is still on.

All the accounting tricks, and the FF deal were done pretty quickly. Seemed so anyrate.

You know my view on the ground, and the surrounding issues, ergo, its gonna happen. But I said the other day, I am starting to ponder on the time lines atm.

Is it cash flow with Moshiri? Is it delays in a mate coming over? Is it the normal time frame for big stadium stuff to happen? Are he/we really having trouble getting the balance sorted?

Dunno is the short answer. But like @MoutsGoat said earlier, Moshiri didnt become an over night Blue. The end game, imo, is still on.

My NVQ in business admin only goes so far.

Every decision is important but the next few weeks should tell a lot.

We really need someone respected and experienced to take over as CEO and drive reform from top to bottom, that is the key appointment.

If it was to be Barrett-Baxendale that would be a huge regressive step. I can’t imagine Brands and/or a new manager having much truck in her opinion with no direct football business management experience or expertise.

The person really needs to come in with a fresh perspective and start holding people to targets and demanding accountability. If he appoints from within, then we’ll just get more of the same.

Every decision is important but the next few weeks should tell a lot.

We really need someone respected and experienced to take over as CEO and drive reform from top to bottom, that is the key appointment.

If it was to be Barrett-Baxendale that would be a huge regressive step. I can’t imagine Brands and/or a new manager having much truck in her opinion with no direct football business management experience or expertise.

The person really needs to come in with a fresh perspective and start holding people to targets and demanding accountability. If he appoints from within, then we’ll just get more of the same.
If brands has said yes I wonder what type of vision Moshiri has sold him regarding the manager and CEO ,it's time for a change a revolution a clear out whatever it takes not jobs for the boys or girls

I was disillusioned by the last podcast I heard with Anderson when he outlined all the committees/stages in local government this had to go through and the possible KO blows the scheme could get. He too was concerned about lengthy delays and the impact it'd have on any decision to go ahead. I just dont see the club having the clout to bend ears and arms and pull it together. I just cant envisage it happening.

..he might think the Allardyce appointment was a success given how bad we were and us now being safe. Perhaps his longer term managerial target wasn’t available until summer so everything is going to plan.

I don’t think any of us truly know what goes on.
Including Moshiri himself.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back