Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What do you want to see Moshiri do in the next 3 years for you to change your mind on him?
I dont expect him to dig into his own cash. That's just a red herring here in this debate. What I object to is the ridiculous assertion that "Moshiri has put his money where his mouth is". No he hasn't. Those doing that: stop giving him credit for it.

What I expect him to do is allow an industry savvy CEO to move in here and for him to shut his grid and step back and let the expert run the club.

What do you want to see Moshiri do in the next 3 years for you to change your mind on him?

Some folks will never be happy whatever the fella does.
Same folks simply like the sounds of their own voices - as long as they're moaning that is.
Moshiri has simply been let down by his "football" people.
He has invested in the squad, removed the debt, got the Finch Farm sponsorship deal, started moving the new stadium foreward. Pretty good in my eyes.
Now simply clear the decks of the people who have let you down and have held the club back. Even the persistent moaners may think twice if you do that. Then again .....

I dont expect him to dig into his own cash. That's just a red herring here in this debate. What I object to is the ridiculous assertion that "Moshiri has put his money where his mouth is". No he hasn't. Those doing that: stop giving him credit for it.

What I expect him to do is allow an industry savvy CEO to move in here and for him to shut his grid and step back and let the expert run the club.
The CEO appointment will be should be key will he go the way of the past and go internal with baxendale or hire someone with a industry savvy candidate . Moshiri has alot of big decisions coming up that he has to get right regarding the football side of things

So what's the big improvement on Kenwright? If he'd have stayed we'd have had player sale cash plus the tv cash to spend.

He's here and bought shares and debt...and he's in the process of giving the club a minimum of £500M debt for a stadium that will benefit him ultimately.

This is not a benefactor of any description and he's a speculator only in as much as the shares/debt he's bought is a sure thing for him personally.

Nope, sorry. I cant and wont have the wool pulled over my eyes. Some might see the spending as proof of a game changer. It isn't though and the majority of Evertonians I'm delighted to say dont see it that way either.
Even if he does that, who ever buys it off him will be very very rich, so we have an even richer owner with a brand spanking new stadium on the banks of the royal blue mersey.

BTW Abromvich is owed over £1billion by Chelsea

The CEO appointment will be should be key will he go the way of the past and go internal with baxendale or hire someone with a industry savvy candidate . Moshiri has alot of big decisions coming up that he has to get right regarding the football side of things
I dont think he wants that route though mate. He wants to back seat drive, and any CEO worth their salt would cut that out.

Even if he does that, who ever buys it off him will be very very rich, so we have an even richer owner with a brand spanking new stadium on the banks of the royal blue mersey.

BTW Abromvich is owed over £1billion by Chelsea

Well lets see if it does get built. I have major doubts.

Do you think he’s been back seat driving because the current CEO isn’t cutting it??

No mate. I think he's a meddler and he'll be the same whomever becomes the CEO (which is why there'll be no strong one)
. Elstone is/was perfect for him: a fellow bean counter at Deloitte who he can rely on to just do what he's told. Similar to replace him I'd guess.

I love how Dave knows the inner workings of Everton and the Council, as well as all procedures the council have, its truly amazing
I just know Everton and their hierarchy. They are unfit for purpose. Whatever the regime in power. I just dont believe they can get anything worthwhile done...and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that way.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back