Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Why are people obsessed with Moshiri spending his own money? Does it matter if its from his own pocket or generated through the clubs revenue. What matters is he makes us successful on the pitch, that's how he makes his profit (which is why he's here) I couldn't give a toss how he does it just make us boss....

my whole point is about an owner doing what he said, 'giving his all' as promised, instead of having this fella in charge talking to jim white and realeasing ridiculous statements.

it would be nice to have some truths.

Lets be honest, what ever he said, you and some others wouldnt believe a word anyrate.

Why are people obsessed with Moshiri spending his own money? Does it matter if its from his own pocket or generated through the clubs revenue. What matters is he makes us successful on the pitch, that's how he makes his profit (which is why he's here) I couldn't give a toss how he does it just make us boss....
It makes a difference because it isn’t debt then!!

You’re missing my point.

I didn’t say Moshiri had chucked money at player transfers - I agree with you that he hasn’t.

What I’m arguing is that it is unrealistic to expect him to do so.

Do you really expect him to spend £45m of his kids inheretence to sign Sigurdsson, in the full knowledge that it’s unsustainable for him to bankroll player acquisitions in that manner?
So what's the big improvement on Kenwright? If he'd have stayed we'd have had player sale cash plus the tv cash to spend.

He's here and bought shares and debt...and he's in the process of giving the club a minimum of £500M debt for a stadium that will benefit him ultimately.

This is not a benefactor of any description and he's a speculator only in as much as the shares/debt he's bought is a sure thing for him personally.

Nope, sorry. I cant and wont have the wool pulled over my eyes. Some might see the spending as proof of a game changer. It isn't though and the majority of Evertonians I'm delighted to say dont see it that way either.

As I'vesaid many times if Koeman and Walsh had bought well and we finished 6/7th this season playing decent football no one would be moaning about Moshiri.

Stop whinging and turn your anger on the 3 beauts of Bill, Walsh and sam.

Or would you rather Southamptons new owners who sold a player for 75 million and only reinvested 20 million of it... or WBA or Stokes whos owners have took them down or newcastles whos refusing to spend a penny as he cant compete with Man Citys money.

Be careful what you idiots wish for.

So what's the big improvement on Kenwright? If he'd have stayed we'd have had player sale cash plus the tv cash to spend.

He's here and bought shares and debt...and he's in the process of giving the club a minimum of £500M debt for a stadium that will benefit him ultimately.

This is not a benefactor of any description and he's a speculator only in as much as the shares/debt he's bought is a sure thing for him personally.

Nope, sorry. I cant and wont have the wool pulled over my eyes. Some might see the spending as proof of a game changer. It isn't though and the majority of Evertonians I'm delighted to say dont see it that way either.

Building a state of the art waterfront stadium within his first 5 years, something Kenwright hasn’t managed in 20.

What do you want to see Moshiri do in the next 3 years for you to change your mind on him?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back