Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Won’t happen. Imagine a Real Madrid, Bayern, etc being relegated from a league.

The Premier League is where it is at. The other leagues will have to think of how they can market themselves to match that.
There is no way Real , Bayern , Juve , Barca ,Dortmund , City ,United , Chelsea RS, Etc are getting relegated from a 20 team league
It’s the like of Monaco , Marseille , Milan (s) us if we ever get there that would be scrapping to avoid relegation

Another bad season and yeah, we'll see ourselves not being on TV as much.

Saying that though, a turnaround next season under a new, more attractive style of play from a new boss will probably see us keep our positioning as the best of the rest.

As much as we may hate to admit it, we do benefit from our relationship with the Trickys across the park because Sky can throw together their iconic MerseyManchester Super Sundays.
True. They do love a drama, especially when it results in supporting their own "sponsored" brands.
I had to laugh at the irony yesterday though, NBC in the USA were featuring every prem game live on their various owned channels. We were allotted "E" the Entertainment channel! Hahahahahahahaahaha

I can see an European league in the future
20 teams from the top 5 leagues
2 relegated with playoffs between teams from the top 5 leagues to replace the relegated teams.

If, and only if, the cash generated by one is significantly more than the combined domestic and CL they currently get, then maybe.

Personally, I think it would have a pretty short life span. Few natural rivalries, and the boredom threshold of watching the same matches, that currently, are infrequent due to the CL.

Like taking our blue specs off, the RM/Liverpool CL final is a wet dream for the TV companies. Would it be if they played twice, every season?

No, nor do I.

If we appoint a forward thinking manager and spend big money I can see SKY/BT putting us om more but if we appoint a Silva/Fonesca or stick with Alladyce no chance they'll just show the big 6 + Leicister and Wolves who play the better football.

If we appoint a forward thinking manager and spend big money I can see SKY/BT putting us om more but if we appoint a Silva/Fonesca or stick with Alladyce no chance they'll just show the big 6 + Leicister and Wolves who play the better football.

You seriously think they put teams on cos they play nice football?

Exhibit A. Manchester United on more than Manchester City.

Its ALL about the global audience, most of whom wouldnt know decent football if it walked up to them and introduced themselves.

Its ALL about the global audience, most of whom wouldnt know decent football if it walked up to them and introduced themselves.

To an extent I think they do as typically the teams that play the better football are typically the bigger sides - City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. Its only really utd who play dour football but as you say they are too massive a pull to not televise.

I doubt we have the same foreign fanbase to justify putting us on too much and under a Alladyce type manager that'll not help our case.

Last edited:
Certainly share your pain mate, but choose your words carefully. It's fair to say that Moshiri has so far underwhelmed in the most visible areas since he arrived, when you think of the potential he brought. But you can't really say the club has had a downturn - we are much better off (and not just financially) than we were 3 years ago.

The management circus has been a fiasco, and we're currently waiting for something seismic from Moshiri - and boy does he need to deliver now - whereas before him there was never even remotely any potential for anything to happen.

I only see the visible manifestation of it.

And without any shadow of a doubt we are going backwards on the pitch.

And I disagree with you about their being not even “remotely any potential for improvement” before Moshiri came in.

That was the whole point of a billionaire backer coming in.

EFC was ripe for it.....the only major club in England that had never had an injection of capital on a grand scale.

We longed for it....we dreamed of it...the possibility of it sustained us this past twenty years.

We always lived in hope that we could get it.

And then we got it and hey presto, we have Sam Allardyce in charge 18 month’s later :(

This is where we are at right now.

Now, I personally have no great confidence that Moshiri is going to deliver that “seismic” shift that both you and I recognise needs to occur and occur pretty soon otherwise we will never be able to bridge the gap between us and the top six teams which had grown in size even in the past year :blush:

But.

Hope dies indeed spring eternal and maybe it will be third time lucky with a managerial appointment and at long last the Moshiri project will start to show results where it matters most.....on the field ;)

To an extent I think they do as typically the reams that play the better football are typically the bigger sides - City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. Its only really utd who play dour football but as you say they are too massive a pull to not televise.

I doubt we have the same foreign fanbase to justify putting us on too much and under a Alladyce type manager that'll not help our case.

We certainly have a larger foreign fan base than probably every side outside the top 6, and Leicester, (who hoovered up Thailand a few seasons ago).

If we could find a decent Chinese player, then we would be laughing.

I would have said if it walked up to them and bit them on the a..e. You are obviously far more polite than me.

I think that football has changed so much now that it is almost as much about the profile and personality of the manager as it is about club or players.

That is part of the problem with Sam. By the media he is regarded as a manager of clubs fighting relegation... therefore Everton are in a certain bracket.
If we got Mancini, Ancelootti or Van Gaal ouyr profile would rise hugely without maybe having any chance of doing better in the league.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back