Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think that football has changed so much now that it is almost as much about the profile and personality of the manager as it is about club or players.

That is part of the problem with Sam. By the media he is regarded as a manager of clubs fighting relegation... therefore Everton are in a certain bracket.
If we got Mancini, Ancelootti or Van Gaal ouyr profile would rise hugely without maybe having any chance of doing better in the league.

Yep.

If West Ham appoint Fonesca unless Moshiri has an ace up his sleeve then I sincerely worry about our future under this fella not in terms of his financial commitment but more so his judgement off the field.

I get why he wanted him at the time but post EFC interest the warning sides were there that this bloke cant defend and is another Martinez which is doomed to fail.

Its easy for the pundits to name Silva as a leading candidate and I do hope once Sam is sacked that we interview more than just him, but everything about this feels like Sam will be gone on Wednesday and Silva will be announced by the end of next week or so.

Wenger, Emery, Blanc or Benitez and im happy with Fonesca going to the Hammers but if we let them get him whilst going for Silva I'll start to have serious concerns about the leadership at this club.

That was last season mate, but to be fair they play attacking football that some would find easy on the eye to watch.

As if the quality of football matters. They were utterly dire to watch under benitez and were still on every week. Suppose they have the most fans who will subscribe to sky because they have no intention of ever going to the game.

Well at least with Moshiri when it goes wrong he sorts it out... the other buggers would sit on their hands.

I'm not about the attraction to Silva, but knowing Everton it's probably cos he won't cost us anything..

Hi Farhad,

I really hope you know what you’re doing here, because you’ve used your Allardyce cars now.
sams car.webp

The fact that several top journalists have virtually simultaneously come out with the same story, Sam's off and Silva is first choice, is almost certainly because the Mosh's people have briefed them to prepare the fan base for a likely Silva appointment.
The 'Silva has always been the favoured candidate' line likely means we sounded out Arsene but weren't encouraged and grew suspicious of the motives of Fonseca and his untrustworthy agent Mendes - watch what happens at West Ham. I predict he won't go there but will use the hype to get a better deal elsewhere.
Can't accuse Mosh of playing it safe. If Silva happens, it'll be a huge gamble given our horrendous defence. Hope Mosh spends big on a quality cb to allay fears. Then it's being grateful he's listened to the fans on Sam, getting fully behind Silva and Brands, and strapping in for one hell of a goal laden ride.

Here he is.

Still pretending.

YAWN

Strange one you. Blinded by Moshiri dangling a bit of bling in your eyes and totally oblivious to the facts. Plenty have now had enough with this Iranian fraud. Sadly, plenty like yourself still think he's the saviour. (He's a very naughty boy)

You probably love Allardyce too don't you. Thankfully he's on his way at last.

Top blue.

YAWN

Strange one you. Blinded by Moshiri dangling a bit of bling in your eyes and totally oblivious to the facts. Plenty have now had enough with this Iranian fraud. Sadly, plenty like yourself still think he's the saviour. (He's a very naughty boy)

You probably love Allardyce too don't you. Thankfully he's on his way at last.

Top blue.

Exactly how is he a fraud?

I only see the visible manifestation of it.

And without any shadow of a doubt we are going backwards on the pitch.

And I disagree with you about their being not even “remotely any potential for improvement” before Moshiri came in.

That was the whole point of a billionaire backer coming in.

EFC was ripe for it.....the only major club in England that had never had an injection of capital on a grand scale.

We longed for it....we dreamed of it...the possibility of it sustained us this past twenty years.

We always lived in hope that we could get it.

And then we got it and hey presto, we have Sam Allardyce in charge 18 month’s later :(

This is where we are at right now.

Now, I personally have no great confidence that Moshiri is going to deliver that “seismic” shift that both you and I recognise needs to occur and occur pretty soon otherwise we will never be able to bridge the gap between us and the top six teams which had grown in size even in the past year :blush:

But.

Hope dies indeed spring eternal and maybe it will be third time lucky with a managerial appointment and at long last the Moshiri project will start to show results where it matters most.....on the field ;)

Don't disagree with any of that :cheers:but think you've misunderstood my point about the potential. Sure we were ripe for a billionaire, but in over 12 years of searching we never found one. My point was with Bill at the helm still we never even had the option to splash out and do something seismic, as we were worse than skint.

That's one reason why we're not worse off now than then, as our good friend Dave insists.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back