Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Has he lost on his investment ?

Not gained as much as expected perhaps. He might have expected us after his initial investment in playing staff and managers to be in Europe again looking at maybe adding one or two to push for CL and having a squad worth higher than he paid out. Instead we bombed out of Europa losing tv money, we dropped in the league, he’s had to pay loads on firing Koeman and getting Allardyce, the value of all the players has declined, and we are looking at major surgery needed just to get back to where we were at the end of the first season. So yeah I think he’ll be feeling a loss of potential value which is better than the old regime who just saw it as another year of tv money and survival.

hes pissed a load of money down the drain in transfers and sacking managers so I would yes he has

You've got to acknowledge that the vast majority of that money has been club money. Most of it will be regained when we end up selling all the the crap that we have bought over the last 18 months as well.

You've got to acknowledge that the vast majority of that money has been club money. Most of it will be regained when we end up selling all the the crap that we have bought over the last 18 months as well.

oh yeah probably, but I still think hes made a loss, clearing debts alone and what not, if he sold up right this second he would be down significantly I am certain

oh yeah probably, but I still think hes made a loss, clearing debts alone and what not, if he sold up right this second he would be down significantly I am certain
He hasn't made a loss unless he sells. Hopefully he's smart enough to know that he's unlikely to get a quick return. I'd much rather he was thinking long-term, and given his focus on the new stadium, it looks like he is.

He won’t be arsed about the value of the club going down. He could sit on his hands and do nothing and he’d still make a lot of money on his investment. But he’ll be looking at what he COULD make. He’ll have a target in mind after 3 years, 6 years, longer etc. And our performance after 2 years will see that number far lower than his probable projections. Doesn’t matter whether it’s still higher than it is when he got the club.

...and next week - no later than mid-week - we install Silva and the signings follow the following week. It really does have to be no later than that to give us a chance.
I'd like to harbour some optimism toward the effecting of rapid and dramatic change, but Everton is less a harbour than a rickety old jetty on a muddy tidal estuary. The blockbuster cash from player sales has been entirely wasted and I cannot see Mosh dipping any further into his own pockets.
For the next 2-3 seasons at least we are in for more mediocrity league position-wise...hopefully though, the quality of football is improved because it's been beyond dire.
We have a squad of unmotivated cart horses and yard dogs...they'll be sticking around to pick up their 50-100k a week and feed their fat bellies with full English breakfasts.
And yes, yes, I appreciate the lads put on a fab Blue Chrimbo...but just like the slapstick comedy that is Everton FC, I'm tired of all the pantomime.

The chorus to World Party's 1986 excellent song 'Ship of Fools' succinctly articulates my present feelings toward the current failure that is Everton:

Save me. Save me from tomorrow
I don't want to sail with this ship of fools
Where's it comin' from?
Where's it goin' to now?
It's just a - It's just a ship of fools

He hasn't made a loss unless he sells. Hopefully he's smart enough to know that he's unlikely to get a quick return. I'd much rather he was thinking long-term, and given his focus on the new stadium, it looks like he is.

yeah I know what you mean, i wasn't trying to go into the economics of it all, was only stating im sure he has a tad less money now than he did before (ignoring any other money hes acquired in that time from elsewhere)

im sure he has put a few quid in basically

He won’t be arsed about the value of the club going down. He could sit on his hands and do nothing and he’d still make a lot of money on his investment. But he’ll be looking at what he COULD make. He’ll have a target in mind after 3 years, 6 years, longer etc. And our performance after 2 years will see that number far lower than his probable projections. Doesn’t matter whether it’s still higher than it is when he got the club.
I don't think he will look at it that way.
I think he will look at the gain he can make if he can make the club successful again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back