Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
How's it a job for the boys though? Harris and the Russian were brought in by Moshiri, and Barret-Baxendale has clearly earned the position and again was appointed by Moshiri

The old regime are all either gone or reduced to nothing but a ceremonial role

Apparently you can’t give somebody a role of power even if they have proved themselves, just because they were employed under Kenwright.

How's it a job for the boys though? Harris and the Russian were brought in by Moshiri, and Barret-Baxendale has clearly earned the position and again was appointed by Moshiri

The old regime are all either gone or reduced to nothing but a ceremonial role

I don't know how you can say she has "clearly earned the position".

OK so she has by all accounts done a fantastic job with EITC but the actual football club is a completely different business in terms of the industry it operates in and the scope of the operations.

What about running a charity prepares someone to run our football club?

It's very much the same as when we made Elstone CEO from being the head of the accounting team.

I don't know how you can say she has "clearly earned the position".

OK so she has by all accounts done a fantastic job with EITC but the actual football club is a completely different business in terms of the industry it operates in and the scope of the operations.

What about running a charity prepares someone to run our football club?

It's very much the same as when we made Elstone CEO from being the head of the accounting team.
I've had a mare here.

She's actually been Deputy Chief Executive of the club since 2013.

Denise arrived at the Club in January 2010 to develop and lead a transformation strategy for Everton in the Community. Due to the success of this venture, Denise became the Club’s Chief Operating Officer in October 2011, before being promoted to Deputy Chief Executive in June 2013. In her existing Club role, Denise has played an integral part in improving the matchday experience for supporters, in turn helping to increase attendances and enhance Everton’s reputation both nationally and abroad. She was appointed to the Club's Board of Directors in July 2016.

I've had a mare here.

She's actually been Deputy Chief Executive of the club since 2013.

Denise arrived at the Club in January 2010 to develop and lead a transformation strategy for Everton in the Community. Due to the success of this venture, Denise became the Club’s Chief Operating Officer in October 2011, before being promoted to Deputy Chief Executive in June 2013. In her existing Club role, Denise has played an integral part in improving the matchday experience for supporters, in turn helping to increase attendances and enhance Everton’s reputation both nationally and abroad. She was appointed to the Club's Board of Directors in July 2016.
I wouldn’t say having anything to do with the running of this club over the past 5 year is any strong credential to be giving her the job going forward, if anything, it should count against her. We’ve been an absolute shambles.

I wouldn’t say having anything to do with the running of this club over the past 5 year is any strong credential to be giving her the job going forward, if anything, it should count against her. We’ve been an absolute shambles.
It's still jobs for the boys but if she's exceeded all of the goals they have set for her then perhaps she really has earned the job in the board's opinion.

The writing has been on the wall for this since her presentation at the AGM thinking back to it. Had she ever made a presentation at one before?

It's only recently her name's been getting put it all over the OS with all of the EITC stuff. Besides the board members and the CEO you don't hear much about the day to day staff but DBB got a lot of good press for all her success with EITC.

It does have the air of just shuffling chairs around.

Elstone gets another job and leaves, but everyone else maintains everyone else in position, with different titles.

Sooner or later the club needs a fresh opinion and to challenge the accepted ways of thinking and doing. Because those ways have utterly failed us. Each board member and executive leadership member is culpable to a degree individually.

The best organisations find the best people. Promotion on merit is the way but there are also clear consequences for failure - the sack.

Elstone gets another job and leaves, but everyone else maintains everyone else in position, with different titles.

Sooner or later the club needs a fresh opinion and to challenge the accepted ways of thinking and doing. Because those ways have utterly failed us. Each board member and executive leadership member is culpable to a degree individually.

The best organisations find the best people. Promotion on merit is the way but there are also clear consequences for failure - the sack.

Tbf, it could be that he's brought those people in originally to do their new roles, but placed them in other roles first to learn the trade before shipping off all the old guard.

Make no mistake, Moshiri is going to start to make his mark on Everton now.

He’s increasing his holding, making the changes needed & looks to be sorting the mess.

Koeman & Walsh was a disaster, but they were were being lauded by the majority at the time they were appointed.

My optimism is slowly bubbling again .......

What a romantic fool I am.

I think what hes done is split the roles and responsibilities of CEO across Denise, the Russian and Keith Harris - whereas Elstone had responsibility for commerce/marketing/stadium build/day-to-day running that has now been divided out between the three of them so in theory there should be better movement, progress, governance and accountability. I think its a clever move by Moshiri

I think the next month will tell if its a reshuffling, which I dont think it is. First, the CEO is completely out. Second, if reports are to be believed, so is Kenwright. But dont expect him to be unceremoniously dumped, he will get a grand sending off that Elstone wont get, and that takes more time that 2 days. Third, Jon Woods, if he has indeed been bought out, is now probably off the board. That means half the board will be gone this offseason.

FURTHER, of the three remaining board members, all 3 will have been appointed to the board of directors in the past 2 years, meaning the entire board will be people that werent there 2 years ago. Id say thats a complete and total clear out.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back