Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Whoops someone’s tune has changed. I thought it was the outgoings that would cover the incomings. Net spent and all that malarkey.

Do you leave large trails on the ground whenever you move the goalposts?
It's money that will also come in...eventually. This loan covers the net spend immediately.

No contradiction there.

maybe you can now address the actual substantive point: I.E., why is our billionaire - who's "sticking his hand in his pocket" - in reality using £60M of loans to cover the summer spending?

If you dont attribute development off the pitch as development of the club as a whole then you, davek, definitely live in world of your own. Do you not think these players look at a club as a whole and make their mind up to sign a contract based on facilities and infrastructure?

Something tells me you still havent cottoned on to bacon being a biproduct of pigs, chicken nuggets coming from actual chickens.. etc etc isnt just about a 90 minute game of football.
It's perfunctory stuff. Like buying lawn mowers....

It's money that will also come in...eventually. This loan covers the net spend immediately.

No contradiction there.

maybe you can now address the actual substantive point: I.E., why is our billionaire - who's "sticking his hand in his pocket" - in reality using £60M of loans to cover the summer spending?

simple questions for you.

when you buy a car, if you have the cash in the bank, do you use that cash or put the car on finance?

when you buy a house, do you cough up for it up front or do you take it out over a term of 25 years and pay for it on the drip?

He is a businessman, he will make money work for him. You clearly are struggling to understand this simple concept due to your bitterness.

No contradiction there.

He’s already put £150m onto the balance sheet compared to £0 in how many years under Kenwright? That’s the substantive point my friend.

Last three seasons under Kenwright we had healthy net spends....and I'm his biggest detractor btw.

We have been run in an appalling mananer since Moshiri arrived. No one can have the chutzpah surely to step up and say we haven't. Multiple managers, hundreds of millions of players sales pissed up against the wall without any oversight, continued BS about funding for a new stadium that never makes any progress.

It's carnage...but we get a few loan deals done and a free on the final day of the window and some people forget all that.

Dear me failed funding for a stadium, do you know something we don't, have you proof ? Meanwhile Bill's 3 proven stadiums are much better proof of an owner eh.
Kenwright got lucky with Moyes, but kept hold of him for too long and then lost him for nothing to the richest club in the world. Yes Martinez was ultimately a failure, that was another of Bill's. I agree Koeman failed miserably and made poor signings, but what do you do, employ a manager and not back him. Silva and Brands have had a helluva window only time will tell whether that leads to success.

If he was,would it matter? Most football forums have their equivalent of Dave. Someone who's ideas cause controversy,but that's what makes a forum lively and brings out the best in other posters. Agree or disagree with Dave, he's a great catalyst for discussion. Carry on Davek !!

it was a jokey reference to him being 72, steve :hayee:

me & @davek have our own unique history here on GOT, as it turned out we agree more than disagree on stuff, so all went well :cheers:

PMSL at how dave thinks Mosh should be swanning around writing personal cheques for absolutely everything.

Apparently unless we become the only club in the prem not to trade players sensibly then Moshiri is running an austerity regime. Keeping the net spend low whilst improving our squad is apparently now a bad thing. We apparently should have put up a net spend of over 100 million with no player sales.

Apparently unless we become the only club in the prem not to trade players sensibly then Moshiri is running an austerity regime. Keeping the net spend low whilst improving our squad is apparently now a bad thing. We apparently should have put up a net spend of over 100 million with no player sales.

Just for a bit of fun, wonder what his argument would be if Mosh was just giving blank cheques for all and sundry........in fact nah park that, he's got enough issues to deal with already it seems.

It's perfunctory stuff. Like buying lawn mowers....

Wow! No its not. Again, you fail to deliever an actual argument.. but instead show an inability to subtantiate facts by offering more nonsense, totally failing to produce any considered rebuttal to my opinion. Have a great day, hope the weathers nice in the dimension in which you reside.

simple questions for you.

when you buy a car, if you have the cash in the bank, do you use that cash or put the car on finance?

when you buy a house, do you cough up for it up front or do you take it out over a term of 25 years and pay for it on the drip?

He is a businessman, he will make money work for him. You clearly are struggling to understand this simple concept due to your bitterness.
Pretty much undermines "The Mosh is sticking his hand in his pocket for us" line.

Thanks Thomas. I knew you;d come in handy one day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back