Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Pretty much undermines "The Mosh is sticking his hand in his pocket for us" line.

Thanks Thomas. I knew you;d come in handy one day.

Oh FFS
He’s already put £150m onto the balance sheet compared to £0 in how many years under Kenwright? That’s the substantive point my friend.

You sir, are one massively mental biff lol

Dave, get off the internet, seriously lad, you are a grown man completely embarrassing yourself.

Dear me failed funding for a stadium, do you know something we don't, have you proof ? Meanwhile Bill's 3 proven stadiums are much better proof of an owner eh.
Kenwright got lucky with Moyes, but kept hold of him for too long and then lost him for nothing to the richest club in the world. Yes Martinez was ultimately a failure, that was another of Bill's. I agree Koeman failed miserably and made poor signings, but what do you do, employ a manager and not back him. Silva and Brands have had a helluva window only time will tell whether that leads to success.
The proof is right in front of you everytime the CEO tells you that the club are, after 18 months, still looking for it.

We used to get loans for transfer windows under Kenweright all the time, secured by tv monies. Guess what, that's exactly what we did this summer too. £60M loan....which comes pretty close to covering the net spend.

Funny that.

To get finance for the stadium I doubt we could have the 60M overdraft in use. So at some point he will have to pay it off. Unlike the olden days where we just kept on adding to and extending the debt.

If each year the net debt is 0 or nearly 0 then what is the issue? At the moment he is bankrolling us as we do not make that much money to pay the fees, the agents, wages, bonuses, redundancy pay offs. Never mind the infrastructure of moving to the Liver building and the continued work around Goodison.

There maybe a point in the future where he stops doing this but you make yourself look silly saying he isn't. One thing being cautious, totally another being blind and deaf to all the facts.

To get finance for the stadium I doubt we could have the 60M overdraft in use. So at some point he will have to pay it off. Unlike the olden days where we just kept on adding to and extending the debt.

If each year the net debt is 0 or nearly 0 then what is the issue? At the moment he is bankrolling us as we do not make that much money to pay the fees, the agents, wages, bonuses, redundancy pay offs. Never mind the infrastructure of moving to the Liver building and the continued work around Goodison.

There maybe a point in the future where he stops doing this but you make yourself look silly saying he isn't. One thing being cautious, totally another being blind and deaf to all the facts.
^^^^ This type of explanation is more thoughtful but still tends to add to the illusion that Moshiri is paying for everything. Look at how much we generate as a business from broadcasting, commercial and player transactions. THIS is where the substantive part of our spending is coming from...backed up by loans.

Can we please have a serioius debate on this and stop with the "Mosh has got this".

The only thing the Mosh has got as far as I'm concerned is a well oiled spin machine. He's 'kin ruined this club in two years. THAT is the reality.

He doesnt get the infrastructure side of a business.. been trying to make that point myself. To davek, I think he thinks, its about 90 minutes plus a bit of injury time of a saturday. Please dont tell him theres a match tonight, he wont be able to handle the fact its friday. Thatll be Moshiri's fault too, no doubt

^^^^ This type of explanation is more thoughtful but still tends to add to the illusion that Moshiri is paying for everything. Look at how much we generate as a business from broadcasting, commercial and player transactions. THIS is where the substantive part of our spending is coming from...backed up by loans.

Can we please have a serioius debate on this and stop with the "Mosh has got this".

The only thing the Mosh has got as far as I'm concerned is a well oiled spin machine. He's 'kin ruined this club in two years. THAT is the reality.
Explain the evidence based rationale behind your assertion that Moshiri has ‘ruined the club’

The floor is yours.

But people have said we've had a good window after yesterday. Isn't that down to Bill's meddling also?
I've no idea Dave but I think you misunderstand me. I'm simply stating that I'll reserve judgement until Moshiri gets the whole train set, working alongside Bill cannot be easy given the his length of tenure, hard to point the finger ATM

Yeah, just like we've been since the early 50s...always dropping into the division below.

Honestly, the feller has done literally nothing to progress this club.

Why are you being so irrational and dismissive about it? Are you not capable of conceding anything in relation to any sort of progress then? You said he has done nothing to progress the club when this can be instantly disproved with a simple fact.

The season he took over we finished in 11th place. Last season we finished in 8th place so that is progress no matter how you look at it isn't it? To deny that is just an outright lie.

Moshiri has not come in and turned us in to an instant success. He has made some errors of judgement and come out with some embarrassing quotes. On the plus side he has changed us for the better in other aspects.

Before he came we were in dispute with Joe Anderson and LCC about Walton Hall Park. Once Moshiri arrived, Anderson and LCC were happy to try and work with EFC to try and progress the Stadium plans which is currently ongoing. We are far further down the line with that than we were before Moshiri arrived.

Moshiri has backed his managers with transfer funds. We have a large net spend this window again, and did do in January and have spent big money on transfers. Critics can point to their being an abundance of TV money etc but other clubs aren't exactly putting us to shame either despite also having TV money. Take Spurs for example.

Explain the evidence based rationale behind your assertion that Moshiri has ‘ruined the club’

The floor is yours.

We went from being a club with identity to one that has none. We went from being a stable club to one that has a revolving door on the manager's office. We've seen the waste of a once-in-a-generation player trading treasure trove by his handing it to a numbskull he hired. We're now in massive debt to Moshiri and a bank (and if Moshiri gets his way we'll be over a half a billion in debt to local authorities and private investors).

Now please can YOU address MY point about the Chinese bank loan and where it fits in with "der Mosh 'as got diss lads"?

I've no idea Dave but I think you misunderstand me. I'm simply stating that I'll reserve judgement until Moshiri gets the whole train set, working alongside Bill cannot be easy given the his length of tenure, hard to point the finger ATM
I think BK is just a sideshow now. he has all the clout of an honourary president.

Yeah, just like we've been since the early 50s...always dropping into the division below.

Honestly, the feller has done literally nothing to progress this club.

I'm sure you use the argument of us dropping into the championship as one of your reasons for why the new stadium build is financial folly. :rolleyes:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back