Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That's a bold claim. Maybe some would change their minds on the strength of a late transfer window which saw two loan signings and a free, but most would look at the two seasons in charge he's been here and find it's been a huge waste of time and resources.

Didn’t your Spanish man crush loan three players? You know I’m the best season in our history when we achieved 72 points?

What else was it used for? Taken out in the summer transfer window?

We're all asking you to provide evidence to support your theories.. stop coming back with questions and at least attempt substanciate your bizarre view points. As previous.. the floor is yours..

Cut it whatever way youn like: it's still a loan triggered by the billionaire to cover something.

Lol ok Dave so you got nothing then other than the club took out a £60m loan last summer. A loan they would never have been able to take out if Moshiri hadn’t cleared the debts meaning most of our revenue going to pay off interest on said debts rather than player transfers.

Like I said the you have no imperical proof that that loan has funded these transfers but let’s not let that stop you making unfounded assertions eh ?

We went from being a club with identity to one that has none. We went from being a stable club to one that has a revolving door on the manager's office. We've seen the waste of a once-in-a-generation player trading treasure trove by his handing it to a numbskull he hired. We're now in massive debt to Moshiri and a bank (and if Moshiri gets his way we'll be over a half a billion in debt to local authorities and private investors).

Now please can YOU address MY point about the Chinese bank loan and where it fits in with "der Mosh 'as got diss lads"?
1. Explain how we’ve somehow lost our identity? As that sounds like a meaningless soundbite with zero substance
2. He sacked Martinez after we’d endured 2 seasons of failure. He employed Koeman a man who’s stock was high and who delivered in season 1, but then completely flopped after some awful recruitment in season 2. So he sacked him. What’s wrong with either?
3. A once in a generation player trading treasure trove, what? We’ve just had another £65m net spend window, that’s a nothing comment, again with zero substance
4. Moshiri cleared all of our long term debt. He stuck £150m in total on the balance sheet. The directors loan has no repayment schedule nor interest. It’s notional debt that will almost certainly be converted to equity when he assumes complete control. The short term loan facility is an annually renewable facility that’s repaid every summer. You have no idea how much of that facility has actually been used.

None of that provides any evidence of your assertion that he’s ‘ruined the club’ btw. Your agenda has driven your comments and your agenda against the man stems back to Martinez and your initial position taken on Moshiri, which was wrong then and is wrong now.

OK I will bite

We went from being a club with identity to one that has none - your opinion, nothing else, load of unsubstantiated guff. The only identity we had then was plucky little Everton punching above our weight, stop chatting wham. At least he is having a go and trying to dine at the top table, something we were never going to achieve with the previous hierarchy.

We went from being a stable club to one that has a revolving door on the manager's office. - Didn't you say Moyes stayed too long? make your addled mind up FFS! Since Moyes we are now on our third full time manager as Gravy boy was nothing but a stop gap. Koeman went bent, as did your love interest Martinez, grasp that simple fact and you might be able to deal with it. Managers come and go, some are successful some are not. In the last two seasons amongst all of this unrest we have finished 7th and 8th after your man crush had us finishing 11th two seasons on the bounce. Therefore, since that massive turd left we have actually gone forward, despite all of the unrest and changes.

We've seen the waste of a once-in-a-generation player trading treasure trove by his handing it to a numbskull he hired. We're now in massive debt to Moshiri and a bank (and if Moshiri gets his way we'll be over a half a billion in debt to local authorities and private investors).

Now please can YOU address MY point about the Chinese bank loan and where it fits in with "der Mosh 'as got diss lads"? Billionaires use other peoples money to finance their projects, this has been explained to you countless times but you are putting your hands over your eyes because you don't want to admit you are being nothing but a petulant child. Grow up FFS and stop wetting your kex about nothing you can control, Your life might improve a little if you do

1. Explain how we’ve somehow lost our identity? As that sounds like a meaningless soundbite with zero substance
2. He sacked Martinez after we’d endured 2 seasons of failure. He employed Koeman a man who’s stock was high and who delivered in season 1, but then completely flopped after some awful recruitment in season 2. So he sacked him. What’s wrong with either?
3. A once in a generation player trading treasure trove, what? We’ve just had another £65m net spend window, that’s a nothing comment, again with zero substance
4. Moshiri cleared all of our long term debt. He stuck £150m in total on the balance sheet. The directors loan has no repayment schedule nor interest. It’s notional debt that will almost certainly be converted to equity when he assumes complete control. The short term loan facility is an annually renewable facility that’s repaid every summer. You have no idea how much of that facility has actually been used.

None of that provides any evidence of your assertion that he’s ‘ruined the club’ btw. Your agenda has driven your comments and your agenda against the man stems back to Martinez and your initial position taken on Moshiri, which was wrong then and is wrong now.

I think we have both said the same things here, you are more generous in your words though :)

Well what's it been used for?

As per above just because we have renewed a credit facility doesn't mean we use all of it. There could be £60 on it for all we know. However it is likely we have whacked a decent amount against it that will then be repaid when the TV money comes through. Better that than not buying any players as we don't have a facility to do so, no? I expect all clubs to work like this that haven't got significant cash in the bank.

To answer your next statement that would have come up 'well Moshiri isn't bank rolling us then!' We run at a loss, Moshiri has to plug the gap between all the income generated to all the outgoings, some years this will be larger than others but it is fair to say we have not been running at a surplus and the headline transfer figures don't include bonuses/tax/signing on fees. As we have been buying more than we have been selling these will mount up. Not to mention we have probably got 4 managers currently on the payroll.

We went from being a club with identity to one that has none. We went from being a stable club to one that has a revolving door on the manager's office. We've seen the waste of a once-in-a-generation player trading treasure trove by his handing it to a numbskull he hired. We're now in massive debt to Moshiri and a bank (and if Moshiri gets his way we'll be over a half a billion in debt to local authorities and private investors).

Now please can YOU address MY point about the Chinese bank loan and where it fits in with "der Mosh 'as got diss lads"?
Of course Dave we will have a new 50k plus stadium on a prestigious site to go with the level of debt.

Are you suggesting we should have no debt on a new stadium, it could be built cheaper or maybe not built at all ?
The interest rate is better than that at a bank , so what is so terrible about this form of debt.It is going to have to be with some institution.

We went from being a club that was fast becoming irrelevant to a club that is stirring again and at least trying to become a big player.
In modern day football we are no longer regarded as a big club, we are a middle tier club and without root and branch change that was going to get worse rather than better.
The motto of NSNO has not meant anything in a long time , we simply have not had the resources needed to be regarded as a top club.
Last year we made lots of bad signings but at least we were out there swinging... no more knife to a gunfight.
This year again we have tried to match the big clubs in terms of spending and hopefully this year the results will be better.
I look at Spurs who made no signings at all and although their team was far ahead of ours last season in football if you are not moving forwards then you are moving backwards, Utd also cannot be happy with their signings.
We have brought in players with an average of 24 for relatively little cost, relatively speaking... it is down to the manager and his staff now.

I'd say employing that corrupt oaf last season majorly dented our identity if it hasn't "lost" it. Still can't believe he was manager of Everton. ffs! Turned me away from a club I'd obsessed over for 30 years to the point where I couldn't even read a newspaper article on us. Personally speaking it's a massive black mark against him.

I also believe, and said from the start, that we should never have gone anywhere near Koeman. A bang average to slightly above average manager who was very limited, and we not only went for him, but we spent big money on getting him in. And Moshiri later explained it away saying he wanted a big name to match Guardiola and Mourinho and others! terrible decision making process, and a terrible decision that directly led to the mess last summer and last season.

Dunno about the transfer and credit side of things, but I'm impressed Dave is using future transfer incomings to calculate this summers net spend. ha

I'd say employing that corrupt oaf last season majorly dented our identity if it hasn't "lost" it. Still can't believe he was manager of Everton. ffs! Turned me away from a club I'd obsessed over for 30 years to the point where I couldn't even read a newspaper article on us. Personally speaking it's a massive black mark against him.

I also believe, and said from the start, that we should never have gone anywhere near Koeman. A bang average to slightly above average manager who was very limited, and we not only went for him, but we spent big money on getting him in. And Moshiri later explained it away saying he wanted a big name to match Guardiola and Mourinho and others! terrible decision making process, and a terrible decision that directly led to the mess last summer and last season.

Dunno about the transfer and credit side of things, but I'm impressed Dave is using future transfer incomings to calculate this summers net spend. ha

Koeman was a bit of a gamble mate as are all managers. He improved us in the first season in league placings, that is undeniable. It was the bad recruitment last season which broke him, but we still IMO would not have gone down with him, the ship would have steadied eventually.

Mosh could not take that gamble though and had to pull the trigger, which must have been hard for him as he had heavily invested in the guy.

I would say that at least he has showed conviction and is not willing to watch Everton become also rans, he wants us competing at least.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back