Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
people over egging how bad koeman actually was in my opinion, first season he done better than alrite, got us 7th and didn't we win like 10 in a row at home? beat arsenal and smashed city to pieces as well
second season he was horrific and deffo deserved to go, but lets not forget he categorically stated for months he needed a striker to replace lukaku and that is ultimately down to Steve wash, if had got say Giroud, I still believe he'd have been sacked as the other signings in general weren't any good but he'd have picked up a few more points along the way

the only bad decision the mosh has made for me is appointing fat sam and his team of wrongens ( he panicked to early when Southampton/Atlanta bummed us ) think as limited as unsworth was he could have got us till the end of the season mid table comfortably ( id we had still signed tosun and Walcott and the return of coleman which fatty had in his favour )

and employing steve walsh in the wrong role, he's a glorified scout never should have been a DOF

Koeman was a bit of a gamble mate as are all managers. He improved us in the first season in league placings, that is undeniable. It was the bad recruitment last season which broke him, but we still IMO would not have gone down with him, the ship would have steadied eventually.

Mosh could not take that gamble though and had to pull the trigger, which must have been hard for him as he had heavily invested in the guy.

I would say that at least he has showed conviction and is not willing to watch Everton become also rans, he wants us competing at least.

I'd say Koeman was the opposite of a gamble. It does what it says on the tin. Uninspiring. Average. Unambitious.

The decision was a slightly more upmarket version of when those clubs sack a manager and decide to call Pardew. You know what you are going to get. There will be very few surprises and you know you will be replacing them in a couple of years.

So as I said at the time, when resigned to at least two years of bleh, what is the point!

A gamble is Silva, not exactly proven but with the possibility of something more.

Moshiri then compounded that decision by somehow believing we were going to get relegated and sacking the manager without a proper plan in place.

He then went for the full set and hired the unhireable.

A mess. And all on Moshiri.

With Brands on board I hope he won't have his fingers in any more decisions like that, picking managers based on their star name....christ

...sorry, still not over the last two seasons....

people over egging how bad koeman actually was in my opinion, first season he done better than alrite, got us 7th and didn't we win like 10 in a row at home? beat arsenal and smashed city to pieces as well
second season he was horrific and deffo deserved to go, but lets not forget he categorically stated for months he needed a striker to replace lukaku and that is ultimately down to Steve wash, if had got say Giroud, I still believe he'd have been sacked as the other signings in general weren't any good but he'd have picked up a few more points along the way

the only bad decision the mosh has made for me is appointing fat sam and his team of wrongens ( he panicked to early when Southampton/Atlanta bummed us ) think as limited as unsworth was he could have got us till the end of the season mid table comfortably ( id we had still signed tosun and Walcott and the return of coleman which fatty had in his favour )

and employing steve walsh in the wrong role, he's a glorified scout never should have been a DOF

results wise the first season was fine. but apart from a couple of games we were crushingly dull to watch. very boring. hoofball was creeping back in to our game. as i said in a previous post it was no more or less than expected from the manager. he was never going to be the one to do anything above and beyond. Moshiri should have swerved him big time.

With Silva we might fail and he might be booted out, but he is progressive and positive and brings the possibility of being the one to get us excelling and moving close to those above.

To be honest whilst typing this I'm realising that Moshiri did want Silva first when getting rid of Koeman, but thats the type of manager he should have gone for first time around. And not getting him shouldnt have let to the doomsday option he went for.

I'd say employing that corrupt oaf last season majorly dented our identity if it hasn't "lost" it. Still can't believe he was manager of Everton. ffs! Turned me away from a club I'd obsessed over for 30 years to the point where I couldn't even read a newspaper article on us. Personally speaking it's a massive black mark against him.

I also believe, and said from the start, that we should never have gone anywhere near Koeman. A bang average to slightly above average manager who was very limited, and we not only went for him, but we spent big money on getting him in. And Moshiri later explained it away saying he wanted a big name to match Guardiola and Mourinho and others! terrible decision making process, and a terrible decision that directly led to the mess last summer and last season.

Dunno about the transfer and credit side of things, but I'm impressed Dave is using future transfer incomings to calculate this summers net spend. ha

Koeman, Walsh and Scamuel saw a wobble in our identity. Barrett-Baxendale admitted that herself.

Haven't lost it. Just misplaced it.

Stability through Brands and in turn patience for Silva will see that identity of being who we are return.

We all make mistakes - it's whether we learn from them that matters. All the signs say Moshiri has learned big time.

Don't disagree on the above but we as fans need to now learn and be patient regardless of what happens, if we turn Goodison into a toxic place to play football you can't blame the players for what invariably happens after that. If Moshiri thinks we can't ever get back on side another manager will be sacked and we will be starting again.

Let's hope we get the results and if not at least have shots at goal and not look like we can't thread two passes together. A pragmatic approach from all over the next couple of seasons wouldn't go amiss.

I suppose, I just doubt many people are aware of that or would even do it.

Just interested how people judge him currently, maybe the current poll is accurate, but I dunno, I would think the disappointed would be in the minority.

Just imagine if he took a look at this thread every once and a while, it would be like 'What do I have to do to make them happy!?!'...

No, he just did “all right”.

Could and should have done much better given the promising start we had, four or five wins from our opening six games and laying second in the table in mid September.

Then we went on a horrendous run over the next three months, lifting about five or six points out of a possible twenty seven before the Arsenal game stopped the rot.

A run similiar to what Saints endured the season before and a run which was reprised here in the opening months of last season.

In fact we ran out of steam over the closing weeks of Koeman’s first season as well, with a poor return over the last five or six games.

It seems these long barren spells during a league season the norm with Koeman.

A total chancer, as @bicycleheader was at pains to point out throughout Moshiri’s relentless pursuit of the Dutchman and again throughout his checkered tenure at Goodison.

An awful appointment IMO and the couldn’t care less attitude he displayed toward the club was apparent from the getgo, when he couldn’t be arsed interrupting his holiday to have his arrival announced in a fanfare of publicity.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back