Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Maybe Usmanov wants certain things on place before he shows his hand
The 7m a year “facilitators “ fee that Everton propose to give the council every year for arranging the loan from central coffers is still on the tables
Billionaires are not in the habit of handing out millions of pounds for nothing
I have my own theory on this but let’s wait and see what happens

The council deal is quite good even with the 4-7 million fee. The likely reduction in interest payments would be similar to that and it would probably offer a stability of terms.

Usmanov and Moshiri said they wanted to fund Arsenal's stadium with long term sustainable debt. I can't see why they would shift for that at Everton. If either have liquidity it could probably be better spent in other areas.

I'm not saying he is a front guy for Usmanov, but if he were then he would be a very useful candidate to be so.

He's extremely wealthy himself (conservatively part of his portfolio valued at 2 billion), seems a smart operator, enjoys football, knows how to move money around effectively and is a clear face to front the stadium investment. They are extremely close and I think Moshiri runs Usmanov's biggest company as a board member.

It would not be inconsistent for Usmanov to believe the amount of headache, time, effort to run a football club is not worth it but that the returns it brings are. So he can come to an agreeable split with FM, with AU providing funds and FM in charge of managing them. As I say I'm not saying this is happening but it wouldn't be inconsistent with how either have acted.

We have no idea how Arsenal would have looked had AU and FM had their way. There is a presumption AU would be the public face. It may well be had they completed a takeover a similar situation to here occurs. Moshiri as a majority shareholder and/or the public face.

It could also be there is no connection.

Exactly. 'As long as Moshiri is at Everton money will not be a problem' Who was it said that?

As how could a guy who has 2 billion to his name (albeit this is a conservative estimate on part of his portfolio) make such a statement?

It could be that he is reckless. I actually believe him to be surprisingly reckless. However I don't think he's so reckless to make statements with no truth.

Moshiri is clearly a very competent mixer and mover of money. A lot of it is Usmanov and his contacts but the deal with the worlds largest bank and the company who bought their first purchase in England of the Liver Building (worth over 50bn) indicates to me he is adept at providing very wealthy individuals good opportunities to grow their wealth base and power.

All of this requires Everton to be successful too. At every level the more successful Everton are, the more money they get. They have incentive to support, either financially or in other areas.

Bill says Farhad decided to incease his shares 9 months earlier than agreed.......hmmmmm
As others have said, one theory is that possible financial backers want a clear picture of who is in charge , who’s calling the shots and who is accountable
I think the major financial institutions would look more favourable on our stadium financing with a billionaire accountant in charge rather than an ex Corrie actor who was pissed upon when he stood in the boys pen

As others have said, one theory is that possible financial backers want a clear picture of who is in charge , who’s calling the shots and who is accountable
I think the major financial institutions would look more favourable on our stadium financing with a billionaire accountant in charge rather than an ex Corrie actor who was pissed upon when he stood in the boys pen

lol lol lol

Does this still happen anywhere in the stadium?

Asking for a friend that currently pays for this...

I think the major financial institutions would look more favourable on our stadium financing with a billionaire accountant in charge rather than an ex Corrie actor who was pissed upon when he stood in the boys pen[/QUOTE]
I warned him twice but he refused to move, a failing he's carried into adulthood.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back