Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What’s the legality behind Moshiri being Usmanov’s willing puppet in all this?
There is no legality in it
According to FA rules it’s illegal
Not sure on the law of the land rules though
The legalities Of buisness don’t really bother billionaires or billion dollar companies in general
That’s why they all have highly paid lawyers and accountants

I wonder if he’ll remain silently involved (he sponsors FF after all so is actually involved) and just throw cash at Moshiri for us.

..that’s assuming he is silently involved. I suppose it’s a moot point saying ‘he’ sponsors FF when it’s also Moshiri’s company.

I’m not as business savvy as most on here so i’m probably being naive, but I am of the view that this is Moshiri’s project. Clearly, Usmanov and Moshiri’s investments are aligned so moneys could come from the same source (USM) but until it’s formally established, I take Usmanov’s direct involvement with a pinch of salt.

There is no legality in it
According to FA rules it’s illegal
Not sure on the law of the land rules though
The legalities Of buisness don’t really bother billionaires or billion dollar companies in general
That’s why they all have highly paid lawyers and accountants

Yeh I’m not really sure on any of the rules just thought Usmanov could just fund Everton through Moshiri and also make the decisions through Moshiri.

We could still get more USM sponsorship regardless of which one is here.

Yeh I’m not really sure on any of the rules just thought Usmanov could just fund Everton through Moshiri and also make the decisions through Moshiri.

Exactly
If Usmanov lends money to Moshiri and Moshiri uses it to finance Everton its all legal , but the FA like everything out in the open

Maybe Usmanov wants certain things on place before he shows his hand
The 7m a year “facilitators “ fee that Everton propose to give the council every year for arranging the loan from central coffers is still on the tables
Billionaires are not in the habit of handing out millions of pounds for nothing
I have my own theory on this but let’s wait and see what happens

..that’s assuming he is silently involved. I suppose it’s a moot point saying ‘he’ sponsors FF when it’s also Moshiri’s company.

I’m not as business savvy as most on here so i’m probably being naive, but I am of the view that this is Moshiri’s project. Clearly, Usmanov and Moshiri’s investments are aligned so moneys could come from the same source (USM) but until it’s formally established, I take Usmanov’s direct involvement with a pinch of salt.
Oh Christ no, I haven’t got a clue about the financial side of things.

Maybe Usmanov wants certain things on place before he shows his hand
The 7m a year “facilitators “ fee that Everton propose to give the council every year for arranging the loan from central coffers is still on the tables
Billionaires are not in the habit of handing out millions of pounds for nothing
I have my own theory on this but let’s wait and see what happens

Ohhh you little tease

Exactly
If Usmanov lends money to Moshiri and Moshiri uses it to finance Everton its all legal , but the FA like everything out in the open

Key word there is 'lends'....If USM 'lend' money to Moshiri, one of their directors, for any reason, be it financing Neymar for Everton or building a new conservatory for his two up two down, its perfectly OK. As an individual, Usmanov does not need to be 'more involved' with Everton than he already is as head honcho at USM. If USM decide to 'invest' in Everton, that's OK as well...the company USM just buys available shares in the Isle of Man holding company ...job done.

I think I just read that the FA wants things in the open? Really????

Whatever we like, whatever we think, Moshiri is prima facie the owner and investor in Everton. He is a billionaire according to reliable sources (and not according to some futile posters on here). He is the one that will determine what goes on at Everton and no amount of posturing by posters on here will change that. Buckle up and enjoy the ride, or continue on your merry rants to no avail.

The only thing that matters to us is success on the field and a new stadium, the rest of it is largely irrelevant. In reality we'd settle for success on the field.

I think I just read that the FA wants things in the open? Really????

Whatever we like, whatever we think, Moshiri is prima facie the owner and investor in Everton. He is a billionaire according to reliable sources (and not according to some futile posters on here). He is the one that will determine what goes on at Everton and no amount of posturing by posters on here will change that. Buckle up and enjoy the ride, or continue on your merry rants to no avail.

The only thing that matters to us is success on the field and a new stadium, the rest of it is largely irrelevant. In reality we'd settle for success on the field.

Exactly. 'As long as Moshiri is at Everton money will not be a problem' Who was it said that?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back