Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
So there you go.

Usmanov, 58, rewarded Moshiri, 56, for years of service as an adviser and confidant in 2008, granting him a 10 percent stake in Gallagher Holding Ltd..

Metalloinvest is worth at least $16 billion, valuing Moshiri’s share at a minimum of $800 million. The company values itself at as much as $20 billion, Chief Executive Officer Eduard Potapov said in February.

Its currently worth $800m, not a billion pounds, in 2008, it was only worth $200m.
Yeah, that was nice of him wasn't it? 800million pounds. What a lovely fella.

Christ on a bike mate.

There is a world of difference in exercising a stake option and being "given" a £1 Billion share of a company. He had in all likelihood negotiated said option years and years ago; gives him a pretty good incentive to grow the company as an employee, chose his moment, and there you have it.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of senior employees/directors at FTSE companies have the exact same thing in their contracts.

I'm curious, Superfan, what would it take for a prospective owner to do before you said 'Jeez, he sounds a bit dodgy, I'm not sure we'd want his money near he club'

Just to give my thoughts on this... He could stab random strangers outside Goodison whilst stealing ice creams from kids from for all I care if he has enough money to buy quality players.

I'd take Vladamir Putin and Jospeh Fritzel as our new overlords if it started winning us stuff. Draw the line at Bieber though... I do have principles.

Just to give my thoughts on this... He could stab random strangers outside Goodison whilst stealing ice creams from kids from for all I care if he has enough money to buy quality players.

I'd take Vladamir Putin and Jospeh Fritzel as our new overlords if it started winning us stuff. Draw the line at Bieber though... I do have principles.

Or throw random paving slabs at foreigners whilst stealing cup final tickets off kids, oh wait... an owner like that woudl fit in so much better elsewhere i think

It was $200m.

Do you understand the difference between dollars and pounds? And you wonder why I said your not worth the effort, you dont even understand currency differences.
It wasnt 200 it was 800m. Which is nearly a billion and that was four years ago.
You are just nitpicking. Our guy has been given money by an oligarch way beyond any reasonable remuneration. He's worked it seems almost exclusively for a guy who spent six years in clink for fraud, and has amassed a fortune from nothing. But everyone just seems happy to put their fingers in their ears.

@Kev50

An employee stock option (ESO) is commonly viewed as a complex call option on the common stock of a company, granted by the company to an employee as part of the employee's remuneration package.[1] Regulators and economists have since specified that "employee stock options" is a label that refers to compensation contracts between an employer and an employee that carries some characteristics of financial options but are not in and of themselves options (that is they are "compensation contracts").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employee_stock_option

Have a read mate, its a standard business practice.

Oh and then read the following :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency

It wasnt 200 it was 800m. Which is nearly a billion and that was four years ago.
You are just nitpicking. Our guy has been given money by an oligarch way beyond any reasonable remuneration. He's worked it seems almost exclusively for a guy who spent six years in clink for fraud, and has amassed a fortune from nothing. But everyone just seems happy to put their fingers in their ears.

Gonna put this in caps, cos you are quite silly, then im gonna put you on ignore, cos you are lowering my IQ with every post you make.

ITS CURRENTLY WORTH 800 MILLION DOLLARS

WHEN HE WAS GIVEN THE SHARES, IN 2008, IT WAS WORTH ROUGHLY 200 MILLION DOLLARS

THE FELLA IS WORTH OVER 1.4 BILLION POUNDS

HES MADE MONEY IN OTHER WAYS

No. He. Didnt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back