Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Have you read that Alantic Press article?
Is nobody just the teensiest bit concerned about this?

Yes I have read it, as I say I know a little bit about the region (there are people on this site that can confirm this) and what goes on there.

However I think you'll find Mr Moshiri is a long way removed from some of the atrocious acts that occur in the region. As I said he's also subject to the UK Bribery Act, perhaps the fiercest anti corruption legislation in the world.

A very literalist stance though, where everything under discussion has to be admitted by parties that are first hand to the subject matter and also backed up by documentary evidence.
@mrs the esk - "I think it's going to rain tonight"
@The Esk - "Where is your proof, I require you to put forward a full meteorological forecast by accredited parties. Even then I refuse to discuss this uncertain outcome until it's occurred"
No one ever got charged with libel for a wrong weather prediction.

Pretty much, yeah.

There are secretaries at Hargreaves Lansdown who are millionaires because of stock options they were given by Pete Hargreaves 20 years ago. I expect there are also plenty of geeks and nerds in California with similar tales having worked at places like Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, etc etc in the early days.

And the key employees will have the exact same options, only at a higher %.

Isnt there a famous photo of Bill Gates at his graduation with a load of his mates, known as the Billionaire Grad Snap or something?
It's entirely different. The company Moshiri got his interest in wasn't a high tech software one that goes from zero to billions like Facebook. It was an asset owning one.
Well I've said my piece. I'm shocked that everyone seems to want to take a Russian oligarch at face value, particularly one that has spent serious time behind bars. I'm gutted that we are now owned by these people.

Now don't you bleeding well start.......

I'm just laughing at the cry-arses in here . How did Moshiri make his fortune ? Was it share options ?
I remember reading about a decorator who painted the walls of the first Google offices . Was given shares
as payment . He cashed them in a few years back for a 9 figure sum . Maybe Moshiri did electrical work or plumbing :p

It's entirely different. The company Moshiri got his interest in wasn't a high tech software one that goes from zero to billions like Facebook. It was an asset owning one.
Well I've said my piece. I'm shocked that everyone seems to want to take a Russian oligarch at face value, particularly one that has spent serious time behind bars. I'm gutted that we are now owned by these people.

Usmanov owns precisely zero shares in Everton mate, so until such a time that he actually does, best pipe down and stop looking a tool

WE ARE NOT OWNED BY USMANOV, HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD. Thanks.

I bet you are

Have you read that Alantic Press article?
Is nobody just the teensiest bit concerned about this?

Well we could always wait until a squeeky clean Billionaire shows up.

Out of interest, perhaps you could list all the people that have been totally honest and above board with their business dealings on their way to Billionaire status?

I've never heard of the Atlantic press before - have you?

Show me the same allegations in a regular paper - one that has to at least make a pretense of checking sources and facts - and I'd be more concerned.
The author was the former ambassador to Uzbek. Okay he is a bit of a loose cannon in terms of shooting his mouth off, but he's a person you can't just dismiss as a nutter

I've never heard of the Atlantic press before - have you?

Show me the same allegations in a regular paper - one that has to at least make a pretense of checking sources and facts - and I'd be more concerned.

It got closed down about 4-5 years ago LL, reopened a whilst later as Pacific press, basically a series of articles on their that varied from very poor to very good depending on the writer and the sources they used, was never anythign ground breaking up on there though either as mostly it was people puttign together articles using the itnernet and already freely available information - obviously a lot of the time slanted towards the writers personal view point.

Usamov like all who made their money over their is by no means a saint - far from it, but he's far from the worst either, and anyway he has right now zero involvement with the club anyroad, Moshiri has worked and partnered with him in as far as anyone can show - in an entirely legitimate business manner, and saying anythign other than that is libel really

The author was the former ambassador to Uzbek. Okay he is a bit of a loose cannon in terms of shooting his mouth off, but he's a person you can't just dismiss as a nutter

Done for drunk driving, had numerous affairs and left his wife for his Uzbek mistress, got sacked for gross misconduct from his job in the FSO, wrote a book about it all, self publicisit, tried to become a liberal mp, tried then to become a SNP, yeah top bloke he is

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back