Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He would actually have to do somethin dodgy for me to say that.. and guess what there's hardly a "dodgy" thing about him.

He is an accountant who worked well took his chances in business and invests his money smartly.

As much as. You'd love for him to be dodgy and corrupt, he isn't.

When Russian oligarchs are involved, dodgy deals have taken place in the past.

As for Moshiri, who knows and who cares.

@Kev50

An employee stock option (ESO) is commonly viewed as a complex call option on the common stock of a company, granted by the company to an employee as part of the employee's remuneration package.[1] Regulators and economists have since specified that "employee stock options" is a label that refers to compensation contracts between an employer and an employee that carries some characteristics of financial options but are not in and of themselves options (that is they are "compensation contracts").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employee_stock_option

Have a read mate, its a standard business practice.

Oh and then read the following :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency
You seem to be missing g the rather obvious point. I was not decrying payment to an employee via share options, I was more concerned with the AMOUNT.

It wasnt 200 it was 800m. Which is nearly a billion and that was four years ago.
You are just nitpicking. Our guy has been given money by an oligarch way beyond any reasonable remuneration. He's worked it seems almost exclusively for a guy who spent six years in clink for fraud, and has amassed a fortune from nothing. But everyone just seems happy to put their fingers in their ears.

Moshiri, who owns 5 percent of Usmanov’s Metalloinvest Holding, Russia’s largest miner of iron ore, and 15 percent of Arsenal Football Club, is worth at least $1.1 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Usmanov, 58, rewarded Moshiri, 56, for years of service as an adviser and confidant in 2008, granting him a 10 percent stake in Gallagher Holding Ltd., through which Usmanov controls Metalloinvest.

their you go, thats from an article written you linked in 2012, so by that time he had already owned the shares for 4 years - so since 2008 - 8 years ago, not 4 years ago, also he owns 5% of the company not 10%, if you understood at all the articles you'd linked that becomes evident by the company structure of mettaloinvest.

do you understand the difference between 800m dollars and a billion pound? they arent even close mate

the shares he was given where 4 years prior to the 800m dollar evaluation in the article - if you knew about mettaloinvest as a company you'd realise that it as a company has been growing substantially year on year - so in 2008 it was nto worth what it was in 2012.

BTW was Usmanov jailed for fraud whilst Russia was under the Soviet control - if so then i will accpet that his trial would have been very very fair - especially as his family had been in govermental positions at the time lol

You seem to be missing g the rather obvious point. I was not decrying payment to an employee via share options, I was more concerned with the AMOUNT.

It was a %. The option could have been worth a % of zippo if he was useless. He wasnt, and the % was a decent amount cos as a key employee he was intrinsically involved with the company being successful.

Every ones a winner.

No. He. Didnt.
So you think k that this billion pound fortune he amassed whilst partnering g an oligarch over 20 years was just shrewd business do you?
Just like Usmanov is dead shrewd too with his 15 billion fortune? What a pair of geniuses eh? And isn't it a Coincidence that they met up? Just like Lennon and McCartney

So you think k that this billion pound fortune he amassed whilst partnering g an oligarch over 20 years was just shrewd business do you?
Just like Usmanov is dead shrewd too with his 15 billion fortune? What a pair of geniuses eh? And isn't it a Coincidence that they met up? Just like Lennon and McCartney

Wow, you seriously don't like him do you, or is it just jealousy........

It wasnt 200 it was 800m. Which is nearly a billion and that was four years ago.
You are just nitpicking. Our guy has been given money by an oligarch way beyond any reasonable remuneration. He's worked it seems almost exclusively for a guy who spent six years in clink for fraud, and has amassed a fortune from nothing. But everyone just seems happy to put their fingers in their ears.

Mate I'm not here to defend Usmanov but I do know a little about the Uzbek and other Central Asian state's legal systems. The standards of proof required to put people in prison especially if there is a political context, are non existent.

Equally corruption is rife in those countries, I readily accept that. However Mr Moshiri has worked under the auspices of the UK Bribery Act since 2010 so please let the authorities know your concerns so we can look elsewhere for an investor.

Pretty much, yeah.

There are secretaries at Hargreaves Lansdown who are millionaires because of stock options they were given by Pete Hargreaves 20 years ago. I expect there are also plenty of geeks and nerds in California with similar tales having worked at places like Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, etc etc in the early days.

And the key employees will have the exact same options, only at a higher %.

Isnt there a famous photo of Bill Gates at his graduation with a load of his mates, known as the Billionaire Grad Snap or something?

Yes mate Usmanov by investing in facebook and then selling that investment on showed how massively reliant entirely on corruption he was, same as with his investments - very succesful ones, in mail.ru and megafon - two other tech companies, the bloke has long been someone who has a very shrewd eye for the emerging investment opportunities - as shown by his tech market investments.

He also succesfully took back Gazprom after it had been asset stripped, something that is definately a plus point

As for them being a pair of geniuses, one of them is worth 15billion, the other 1,5 billion, your sitting on an internet forum typing away and trying to call them sarcastically 'genuises', kind of a bit amsuing when you think about it

Wow, you seriously don't like him do you, or is it
Mate I'm not here to defend Usmanov but I do know a little about the Uzbek and other Central Asian state's legal systems. The standards of proof required to put people in prison especially if there is a political context, are non existent.

Equally corruption is rife in those countries, I readily accept that. However Mr Moshiri has worked under the auspices of the UK Bribery Act since 2010 so please let the authorities know your concerns so we can look elsewhere for an investor.
Have you read that Alantic Press article?
Is nobody just the teensiest bit concerned about this?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back