Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters

Everything I said about the last two transfer windows is true, as is the fact that we have been selling our best players for huge money ever since he came here.

We've been through this before, and I imagine you are including the purchase of shares and the restructuring of debt into your figures, something that is commonplace when a takeover happens. Mike Ashley did it during his purchase of Newcastle, for similar figures that you are quoting.

There's been some cash injection, mainly from USM, which is sending 15 million pound a year from a company that brings in 5 billion per year. But in terms of Premier League expenditure it really isn't 'splashing the cash' at all.

Absolutely huge figures have been brought in through selling players and TV revenues. And our expenditure during the last two transfer windows is average at best.

I know it's important to have the truth on how much of the monies spent are generated by the club and how much, if any, is outside investment, but if it's largely the former I don't really have a problem with it. I'd prefer the club lived within its means rather than either falling foul of FFP rules or being put in jeopardy if Moshiri gets bored or runs out of money. I just want transparency on what's actually happening?

On your point about the last two windows being average. I think some of that is due to the big spending in the previous Jan window on Tosun and Walcott, I think that was probably summer spending brought forward to stave off relegation. Also, the transfer fees may not have been high but I would guess the wage bill has climbed? At least with the likes of Gomes or Bernard who both appear to be big earners?

85DF106B-983D-416F-B9DA-484369157136.webp

Just been sent this ( prob tosh like )

I’ve not been logged on you bell

Matty, can I let you in on my detective skills here?

I deduced, from this image, that you in fact did not have an inside source on the workings of Farhad Moshiri.

Now, let me tell you why.

I studied your posting style. I realised very quickly that your spelling would make predictive text cry actual tears from its little robotic functionality.

And then I thought "how would Matty's close network of chums communicate?"

I noted that this image had words longer than two syllables and above primary school level sentence structure.

On the balance of probabilities I concluded this was NOT discourse between you and your peers and that you HAD FAKED IT.

Matty, can I let you in on my detective skills here?

I deduced, from this image, that you in fact did not have an inside source on the workings of Farhad Moshiri.

Now, let me tell you why.

I studied your posting style. I realised very quickly that your spelling would make predictive text cry actual tears from its little robotic functionality.

And then I thought "how would Matty's close network of chums communicate?"

I noted that this image had words longer than two syllables and above primary school level sentence structure.

On the balance of probabilities I concluded this was NOT discourse between you and your peers and that you HAD FAKED IT.

Bad muppet
You lad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back