Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,287 92.3%

• Total voters
In this day and age, staying moreorless where you where the year before equates to regression.

I wholeheartedly agree, my point is just think how we'd be doing without the cash injection. Or we could have been asset stripped by the Americans who wouldn't have put in a great deal of money as history has shown with all the others. Lukaku would have been sold for less and we would be hoping to punch above our weight continually.

What we are seeing here is toys out of the pram as less than a year ago we had Ancelotti, Allen and Rodriguez at Everton.

At Everton.

As always there wasn't a happy ending but that was not Moshiri's doing. We have been hamstrung by FFP and bad luck. That doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes and should be completely exonerated, he probably tried to change things too quickly, but he has always backed the manager. Anyone was going to be a step down from Ancelotti, we just need to be in a position that when there is a decent manager out there, that is minimal risk and will unite the fanbase, we can secure his services.

Or we could have gone with Potter and been all out of shape at the bottom of the league by Christmas, looking for a new manager in the new year, all the while our decent players are looking for the exit. How is that going to help? Moshiri would be castigated for not stabilising the club and taking needless risks. We need a sure thing as one could be, people need to start thinking with their head and not their hearts.

I wholeheartedly agree, my point is just think how we'd be doing without the cash injection. Or we could have been asset stripped by the Americans who wouldn't have put in a great deal of money as history has shown with all the others. Lukaku would have been sold for less and we would be hoping to punch above our weight continually.

What we are seeing here is toys out of the pram as less than a year ago we had Ancelotti, Allen and Rodriguez at Everton.

At Everton.

As always there wasn't a happy ending but that was not Moshiri's doing. We have been hamstrung by FFP and bad luck. That doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes and should be completely exonerated, he probably tried to change things too quickly, but he has always backed the manager. Anyone was going to be a step down from Ancelotti, we just need to be in a position that when there is a decent manager out there, that is minimal risk and will unite the fanbase, we can secure his services.

Or we could have gone with Potter and been all out of shape at the bottom of the league by Christmas, looking for a new manager in the new year, all the while our decent players are looking for the exit. How is that goimg to help? Moshiri would be castigated for not stabilising the club and taking needless risks. We need a sure thing as one could be, people need to start thinking with their head and not their hearts.

they’res a better manager than benitez out they’re in this world

I am far from saying he’s perfect Moshiri but dear lord some of you clapped a man who literally has failed at everything even getting us a competent billionaire.

PEACE OUT

He didn't pick three number tens though did he, that was Koeman and Walsh, Moshiri's just backed his manager and Walsh, with cold hard cash. The same with Josh King, Moshiri's didn't say to Brands i want King, again he just backed his DOF with the cash to do it. But you know that don't you, just being a bit prissy due to the Benitez saga, you've turned on Moshiri's because of it and now blame him for everything. lol Getting a bit tiresome with you mate.
He seemingly gives money at random. We needed some investment this winter to push on and nothing came.

In my opinion (and it is just my opinion, I don't care if anyone agrees with it, its my own opinion and feelings) the bloke has crapped all over the club (or my ideal of the club anyway) tonight not only with an appointment that is dividing fans but then sort of, kind of leaking the news when we all said he would. I think he is dangerous. (football wise anyway...)

As for the tiresome part, we have spoke about twice. I am more than prissy, I am absolutely fuming. It's good to get it out of your system though. Tomorrow is another day.

they’res a better manager than benitez out they’re in this world

There are lots, but it's not like you can just go pick any one you want up at the manager superstore Matty. Do they want to come to Everton, do they have unreasonable requests. Are they going to pee off to real madrid at the first sign of an opening etc. etc.

It's a crap situation as I hate all this blue on blue that it's caused. But from the list we had they were all problematic in one way or another.

There are lots, but it's not like you can just go pick any one you want up at the manager superstore Matty. Do they want to come to Everton, do they have unreasonable requests. Are they going to pee off to real madrid at the first sign of an opening etc. etc.

It's a crap situation as I hate all this blue on blue that it's caused. But from the list we had they were all problematic in one way or another.

mate what’s benitez offer?

Maybe they should make a bigger list?

mate what’s benitez offer?

Alehouse football for our alehouse players. Get someone like Potter or Martinez and they aren't going to put in the miles to make that style work. With a sound defensive system we can counter attack and get points, just like with Carlo. He usually has a plan and IF we can get to the Europa or conference AND if he stays long enough he won't crap the bed and have us knocked out to some completely unknown side.

Alehouse football for our alehouse players. Get someone like Potter or Martinez and they aren't going to put in the miles to make that style work. With a sound defensive system we can counter attack and get points, just like with Carlo. He usually has a plan and IF we can get to the Europa or conference AND if he stays long enough he won't crap the bed and have us knocked out to some completely unknown side.

wait so our owners think let’s get benitez he plays ale house football and thatl do

come on really?

But according to @Theoneandonly every signing "Rafael" has ever made has been brilliant so how does he know how to work with alehouse players?

I'm confused.

Oh and our players are not alehouse, they are weak and timid.

Maybe they should make a bigger list?

There is that but I'm kind of hoping they already went down that path. You put the feelers out and if you don't get a response what can you do kidnap them and force them to work here?

You can see with the Tottenham job which in theory has a better starting point and therefore be more desirable, it's not easy.

A couple of years back perhaps we should have gone for Rodgers but at point I wouldn't have wanted him for being RS, now he would come if we trebled his wages. I'm just so browbeaten that I accept this as the least damaging, although I take on board your standpoint where if the fan base doesn't accept him then it could end in disaster quickly. Either path is like that though.

Who would you go for if you had the choice of anyone who realistically would come here?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back