Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,287 92.3%

• Total voters
He seemingly gives money at random. We needed some investment this winter to push on and nothing came.

In my opinion (and it is just my opinion, I don't care if anyone agrees with it, its my own opinion and feelings) the bloke has crapped all over the club (or my ideal of the club anyway) tonight not only with an appointment that is dividing fans but then sort of, kind of leaking the news when we all said he would. I think he is dangerous. (football wise anyway...)

As for the tiresome part, we have spoke about twice. I am more than prissy, I am absolutely fuming. It's good to get it out of your system though. Tomorrow is another day.

yeah agree with the investment bit last Winter, don't know whether it's true but Brands does not like to buy players then due to over inflated price of players, like you I didn't agree with it, we should have invested because we were in a strong position, injuries decimated our squad and aspirations. Don't agree and I know you don't care, about him scrapping on our club, not when he's acquiring us a brand new, state of the art stadium on the banks of the River Mersey. But he hasn't had much luck when picking managers and like you I think Benitez is a tragedy in the making. All chairman / owners have their contacts in the media, to put feelers out etc, Bill, ( again I'm not having a go) used them as well, it's a necessary evil in my view. Football in general his not as entertaining or pure as it used to be and again it's not just Everton fans, but most fans feel more apathetic about their clubs. Tiresome, prissy just about applies to most on here, myself included, it's like a bloody civil war with neither side liking Benitez in most sane people's views. I just want this manager saga over, we need to plan for the new season.
Long, boring and futile i know, but have a nice night.

yeah agree with the investment bit last Winter, don't know whether it's true but Brands does not like to buy players then due to over inflated price of players, like you I didn't agree with it, we should have invested because we were in a strong position, injuries decimated our squad and aspirations. Don't agree and I know you don't care, about him scrapping on our club, not when he's acquiring us a brand new, state of the art stadium on the banks of the River Mersey. But he hasn't had much luck when picking managers and like you I think Benitez is a tragedy in the making. All chairman / owners have their contacts in the media, to put feelers out etc, Bill, ( again I'm not having a go) used them as well, it's a necessary evil in my view. Football in general his not as entertaining or pure as it used to be and again it's not just Everton fans, but most fans feel more apathetic about their clubs. Tiresome, prissy just about applies to most on here, myself included, it's like a bloody civil war with neither side liking Benitez in most sane people's views. I just want this manager saga over, we need to plan for the new season.
Long, boring and futile i know, but have a nice night.
Nah that's spot on really. The civil war thing is the bit that annoys me the most. Its a proper powder keg situation that he has created here. People are arguing already and he hasn't even signed yet! I'm arguing with people I would never usually argue with (and a couple I always will...).

I think tonight I have gone from "why on earth is he doing this" to "Burn everything down" because its going to hit me tomorrow when I see him in front of the Gwladys street holding our scarf up. I actually have nothing against Benitez as such (though I do think he was a key figure in the rivalry between the clubs turning proper nasty) but Moshiri has gone way down in my books (I am over exaggerating some bits for effect to be honest but I do stand by the crapping on the club part.)

The stadium remains to be seen. I am just hoping that if and when we get there (and I think we will) the club will be one I recognize and not another billionaires plaything.

wait so our owners think let’s get benitez he plays ale house football and thatl do

come on really?
But according to @Theoneandonly every signing "Rafael" has ever made has been brilliant so how does he know how to work with alehouse players?

I'm confused.

Oh and our players are not alehouse, they are weak and timid.

You both know by alehouse I don't mean just lump it up top, I needed a word that would get round the swear filter. :)

It a continuation of Ancelotti's style and that is probably what appeals most to those in charge as we are not ripping up the playbook and starting again.

Our players are weak and mercenary in nature and won't want to do things such as running and pressing so defending deep and counter attacking will suit them. We need to get Europe and then keep on improving the squad so we can take on a different style that we all would like to see.

You aint blaming Brands for this.
Why not?

If he doesn't have enough sway with Moshiri to Direct the Football strategy of this club with a long term vision that doesn't include Rafael Benitez then there's not really much point to him either is there?

Moshiri and Usmanov had made it clear this is their train set now and he's just along for the ride to ring agents and work out the details.

Remember when that Cardiff owner changed the team's colours from Blue to Red? I now no longer will be surprised if Mr Moshiri does something crazy like that...
Football doesn't make sense, and even if Rafael is an experienced manager, there are some things which are irrational, like people playing for Liverpool & Everton. If times were different, maybe we could tolerate a red on the staff. A lot of my friends and family are reds, we are 'mixed race' blue & red in our family and so we're not aggressive to each other, but this seems like going too far...especially when he's not the best manager available
With Spurs and Palace looking at Klinsmann and Viera, the sad fact is he might be...and a rs to add insult to injury

Nah that's spot on really. The civil war thing is the bit that annoys me the most. Its a proper powder keg situation that he has created here. People are arguing already and he hasn't even signed yet! I'm arguing with people I would never usually argue with (and a couple I always will...)..
The civil war thing, my main worry is people going at each other at the matches next season, I've seen it before, things could get nasty.
It's one thing on here, but in person at a game, a situation as emotional as this could explode. I just hope everything calms down abit.

I remember the annoyingly quaint "plucky" Everton, "punching above their weight", and wishing Moyes had some solid financial backing. Oh, what we could achieve with a sugar Daddy...

I miss those days. Wishing it has been somewhat better than living it.

And not had to put up with Silva, Big Sam and Marcel Brands, really touched lucky didnt we
Bad choicesI agree mate but we couldn't stay were we where wishing on a wing and a prayer. If you prefer the Kenwright years of nothingness then fair plat. At least we now have a Chairman that wants us to get somewhere for whatever reasons. Nobody can deny he hasn't backed the managers

Why not?

If he doesn't have enough sway with Moshiri to Direct the Football strategy of this club with a long term vision that doesn't include Rafael Benitez then there's not really much point to him either is there?

Moshiri and Usmanov had made it clear this is their train set now and he's just along for the ride to ring agents and work out the details.
I wouldn't blame him personally but you're right

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back