Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Didnt he also run out of cash? Or rather, lost a pile trying to launch a new crisp to rival Walkers and Golden Wonder?
Yes. He was appalling. And he also stopped a manager trying to sign players like Martyn and Flo and sold one behind another's back, but he was still less intrusive into first team affairs than Moshiri has been.

I despise Moshiri and hope soemone shoots him but one thing thats good about him is he reacts to the feelings of supporters...normally.

If the levels of hatred went toxic at a home game, like they did with Nuno at Spurs I think he would act, if only to save his own arse.

So if you really want Benitez out thats what has to happen.

Personally im not there with the manager yet. The issues arent his fault and hes doing a decent job up to now.
Moshiri responds to the reaction of fans - apparently, this is a good thing…
Says man who hopes someone shoots moshiri.
I suggest that fans can be prone to being a little bit OTT

I despise Moshiri and hope soemone shoots him but one thing thats good about him is he reacts to the feelings of supporters...normally.

If the levels of hatred went toxic at a home game, like they did with Nuno at Spurs I think he would act, if only to save his own arse.

Personally im not there with the manager yet. The issues arent his fault and hes doing a decent job up to now.

WTF

Needs to do what he should have done when he took over - complete root and branch review and overhaul of the entire club/business - slash and burn required for most of it.

Been taken for a ride by a number of conmen, such as kenwrong, Walsh, Silva, Koeman.

£500 Millon of his own moolah down the swanie - feel a tad sorry for the bloke, but he should have let brands actually do what he hired him for, and not take the trainset home with him.

Brands should be relieved of his duties as well - the absolute state of the playing squad currently beggars belief, and some of the loan decisions have been totally baffling.

It is for him because that's what will massively increase the value of the club and make the club more attractive for buyers in the future, in the way that a ramshackle old Goodison in a hemmed in residential area won't. Ultimately he'll want a return on his investment.

He's chucked the best part of 500 mill away on the team and got nothing to show for it.

Hes spent circa £210-260mil on the squad depending on net transfer fees + add ons.

Doesnt take into account additional wages and other payments of course. Not going to be anywhere near £500mil of his own money though.

Koeman -- supposed "hollywood" manager that i said at the time was a dreadful appointment. If he was "hollywood" then its a horror.

Why he hired him and spent so much in one hit was insane. Not to mention the huge jump in wages.

Allardyce -- Necessary evil due to the Koeman mess...but why give him money for Tosun and Walcott? Again a disaster.

Silva -- Young progressive manager with overseas success and did well for Watford until our approach. Made sense at the time for me but wasnt the right man.

Ancelotti -- World class manager backed to the tune of James+Allan (Doucoure + Godfrey from Brands). When we hired him it was the time to spend £150-200mil on players...he jumped ship.

Benitez-- Went against the fans.

Walsh +Brands -- Seems like Moshiri hasnt set a structure in place to effectively use a DOF but hired 2 anyway....punted one when it wasnt working and extended the other when its failed.

The one who was rewarded seems unable or unwilling to sell players.

Different styles from one manager to the next leading to an unbalanced squad suited to none of them.

On the face of it i dont think £42mil ish a year on transfer fees is an enormous amount when we started at a low base and the places we want to be are spending alot more than that in fees + wages.

When Ancelotti left he went on Jim Whites talksport show and stated

"We built a squad for him"

Nonsense.

Moshiri needs to go balls deep again.

Only this time he needs to have the right person making the right decisions.

I think the aim is to ride out the FFP storm then if the manager at the time has done well he'll drop £200mil on the squad.

If Benitez stays and we finish around top 6 in the next 2 seasons then he'll be the one spending the dough.

Johnson owned the club too.
Different ball game Dave, Johnson was small time, this fella is a billionaire, he doesn't live here, he doesn't have anything but a financial interest in the club, he won't starve waiting for his money and won't be pressured into anything by the fans.

Worst case scenario for him, he just puts somebody on the board to look after his interests and becomes an absentee owner.

We have no power over people like him, we can't chase him anywhere, but, I'm sure you already know that.

Jesus Christ that’s going a bit far

when we got beat by city 5-0 away? we stayed up on GD mate. so we WAS in a position,

why you arguing with me? worry about how crap we are now and going in circles
Forget his first season when he came in, March not sure where we ended up. But we were safe. With games to spare.

his full seasons we finished outside the top 10 only 3 times. 11, twice I think. And 17th. And that’s the season I’m talking about. 2004. I think that was 5-0 city last game. But like I said 6 points above the team in 18th

when we got beat by city 5-0 away? we stayed up on GD mate. so we WAS in a position,

why you arguing with me? worry about how crap we are now and going in circles

Attachments

• 99D2615B-77DC-4975-A3BB-95906F81B98F.webp
    99D2615B-77DC-4975-A3BB-95906F81B98F.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 77

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back