Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Hopefully when the ground is done they will, while Moshiri is around this club will only ever be a mess

Potentially mate but I think we've missed the boat. Qatar own PSG, UAE own City and Saudi's own Newcastle. Unless the Kuwaiti's fancy a bit of sports washing I dont think you'll see many further game changing takeovers for a while.

Kenwright and Kings Dock Fiasco ruined our chances of competing at the top.

You can’t be serious, have you forgotten some of the performances in that season. I know we Beat Chelsea in the Q/final. I can’t remember who else we played in the cups, but loads of average teams reach the later stages of cups with kind draws.

Also this is 6 years ago. A much tougher league now, With more teams having and spending money. Martinez would have took us down.

I will bet my life he fails at his next job after Belgium, if it’s in the prem. he will probably go and manage Porto in their Mickey Mouse league.
He was so bad they just tried to get him back.

We played our best football for decades under Martinez, a manager who didn't have the cash that lesser managers like Koeman and Silva had at their disposal.

He got us to 5th place and the latter stages of the cups. Do you think anyone would turn that down right now?

Moshiri is to blame for our demise. I mean after sacking Rafael we hold interviews as the clock runs out in the transfer window. We needed at least one centre back and a defensive midfielder pronto. He’s got no idea on what a good manager is either. The fans got Lampard here I reckon. This idiot was looking at managers that would have taken us down 100%. Hope Frank can get us out of this hole. If not we still need to stick with him but I wouldn’t hold my breath
Am fully backing Frank but he is still a massive risk. The day after Benitez was sacked, I’d bet no more than a handful of fans had FL as their first choice. Due to how badly the recruitment process was handled by our terrible board and owner and the time wasted in a crucial transfer window, we ended up welcoming Frank with open arms in relief. Not quite “in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king” but not far off. The feel good of the last few days has been blown away. The stark fact is we are in a relegation battle with largely the same shower of gutless players, particularly the centre back pairing which we will have to endure for the next few weeks, as we have had for the last few years. Am crossing everything and it will be a massive achievement for Frank to keep this team in the league. If he manages it, he deserves full backing in the summer.

To be fair I did raise this point when Martinez was touted as a return to the manager role.

I couldn’t put my finger on whether or not he had the chance to play with funds in the same sense as Koeman, Silva and Carlo.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Martinez , as I’m sure many do if they are completely honest, with that spell when he first got here. As a younger supporter of the club, some of the best times I’ve had following EFC.

That being said I do not forget what followed.
Yes, but even "what followed" was infinitely better than what we have right now.

Am fully backing Frank but he is still a massive risk. The day after Benitez was sacked, I’d bet no more than a handful of fans had FL as their first choice. Due to how badly the recruitment process was handled by our terrible board and owner and the time wasted in a crucial transfer window, we ended up welcoming Frank with open arms in relief. Not quite “in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king” but not far off. The feel good of the last few days has been blown away. The stark fact is we are in a relegation battle with largely the same shower of gutless players, particularly the centre back pairing which we will have to endure for the next few weeks, as we have had for the last few years. Am crossing everything and it will be a massive achievement for Frank to keep this team in the league. If he manages it, he deserves full backing in the summer.
Yes, but more wanted the galloot, so that places that into context.

He'd relegate us for sure.

We played our best football for decades under Martinez, a manager who didn't have the cash that lesser managers like Koeman and Silva had at their disposal.

He got us to 5th place and the latter stages of the cups. Do you think anyone would turn that down right now?

So did Moyes, would you have him back? I would.

No kenwright and his coronation street colour dreamcoat Did.
Like he wanted him in the summer. And he would have put this information out to his mates in the media.

Do you really think Moshiri would hire a guy he’s already sacked who then took him to court.

He took over a team that had regularly finished 5th/6th/7th over the previous 5/6 years. And sprinkled it with stardust, like Lukaku, Geri, Barkley came through.

He then with a 30mil striker, something moyes never had finished 11th and the following season was 12th when sacked.

How do you finish bottom half with this squad
Howard
Coleman
Jags
Stones
Baines
Barry
McCarthy
Osman
Naismith
Mirallas
Geri
Barkley
Lukaku
And 6 months of Samuel Eto’o

No kenwright and his coronation street colour dreamcoat Did.
Like he wanted him in the summer. And he would have put this information out to his mates in the media.

Do you really think Moshiri would hire a guy he’s already sacked who then took him to court.

He took over a team that had regularly finished 5th/6th/7th over the previous 5/6 years. And sprinkled it with stardust, like Lukaku, Geri, Barkley came through.

He then with a 30mil striker, something moyes never had finished 11th and the following season was 12th when sacked.

How do you finish bottom half with this squad
Howard
Coleman
Jags
Stones
Baines
Barry
McCarthy
Osman
Naismith
Mirallas
Geri
Barkley
Lukaku
And 6 months of Samuel Eto’o
Moyes broke the club transfer record 4 times. He was backed up until 2009. The record shows that...and he finished us 17th in the PL and would have been sacked by any other club.

I will bet my life he fails at his next job after Belgium.

Belgium
WC 2018 - Semi Final
Nations League - Group Stage
Euro 2020 - Quarter Final
Nations League - 4th

England
WC 2018 - Semi Final
Nations League - 3rd
Euro 2020 - Final

Gareth Southgate has done better with a worse group of players. Now that is phenomenal.

Moyes broke the club transfer record 4 times. He was backed up until 2009. The record shows that...and he finished us 17th in the PL and would have been sacked by any other club.
Wrong he had a debt on spending in 11 years of roughly 30mil. Under 3mil a season.

Yes we finished 17th in his 2nd season. But were mid table with like 8/9 games to go, never in relegation trouble. But yes probably gets sacked now.

And go back 50 years and find me a manager at a club for 11 seasons that doesn’t break the clubs transfer record a couple of times at least . If that’s all you’ve got it’s pitiful

Belgium
WC 2018 - Semi Final
Euro 2020 - Quarter Final
Nations League - 4th

England
WC 2018 - Semi Final
Nations League - 3rd
Euro 2020 - Final

Gareth Southgate has done better with a worse group of players. Now that is phenomenal.
Bang on the money. Nobody can say he’s done a good job with Belgium

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back