Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I hope Farthead and Uzi have the funds required to improve this team in the summer.
It needs big bucks spending on players on their way up… not players on their way down.

Moshiri is to blame for our demise. I mean after sacking Rafael we hold interviews as the clock runs out in the transfer window. We needed at least one centre back and a defensive midfielder pronto. He’s got no idea on what a good manager is either. The fans got Lampard here I reckon. This idiot was looking at managers that would have taken us down 100%. Hope Frank can get us out of this hole. If not we still need to stick with him but I wouldn’t hold my breath
Lampard was all he had left.
Martinez, ruled out by Belgium
Potter, ruled himself out.
Rooney, ruled himself out.
Ferguson, said he ruled himself out, but wasn't really in contention
Pereira, fans ruled him out.

He was so bad they just tried to get him back.

We played our best football for 6 or 7 months under Martinez, a manager who didn't have the cash that lesser managers like Koeman and Silva had at their disposal.

He got us to 5th place and the latter stages of the cups. Do you think anyone would turn that down right now?
Fixed that for you mert.
But to answer your last line...given apples Vs apples...aka...the foundation Moyes left him and getting 2 and a half decent players on loan + McCarthy ...probably not - but your point isn't relevant, that was then and this is now.

This hitchen guy. I don't know his credentials but I doubt he's got better ones than brands. In fact the whole running of this club has been poor.

If we do stay up this season which I would say is a 2 in 3 chance. Then I'm not totally convinced next season will be much better. I'm behind the Lampard regime because he's likable but has he really got the credentials to keep us up at this time.

When they made the decision to hire benitez they really should have let him see through the job and not given up at the first sign of trouble against Norwich. He had massive injury problems all season and could have only dreamed to have the bench we had against Newcastle. I think he would have got us at least 2 points from our last 2 prem games, more than likely more than that.

People may like to stick to their agendas and say he is crap etc but realistically he was better prepared for our run in than anyone and I would have had full faith in him seeing it through. But the board pulled the trigger and now I think we are in massive trouble. If we get relegated then that will just be catastrophic for the club and we may never come back or at least for a very long time.

He was so bad they just tried to get him back.

We played our best football for decades under Martinez, a manager who didn't have the cash that lesser managers like Koeman and Silva had at their disposal.

He got us to 5th place and the latter stages of the cups. Do you think anyone would turn that down right now?
For one season and with Moyes defence!

Then if he hadnt been booted when he was he'd have relegated us, very much like the bloke you were backing less than three weeks ago!

This hitchen guy. I don't know his credentials but I doubt he's got better ones than brands. In fact the whole running of this club has been poor.

If we do stay up this season which I would say is a 2 in 3 chance. Then I'm not totally convinced next season will be much better. I'm behind the Lampard regime because he's likable but has he really got the credentials to keep us up at this time.

When they made the decision to hire benitez they really should have let him see through the job and not given up at the first sign of trouble against Norwich. He had massive injury problems all season and could have only dreamed to have the bench we had against Newcastle. I think he would have got us at least 2 points from our last 2 prem games, more than likely more than that.

People may like to stick to their agendas and say he is crap etc but realistically he was better prepared for our run in than anyone and I would have had full faith in him seeing it through. But the board pulled the trigger and now I think we are in massive trouble. If we get relegated then that will just be catastrophic for the club and we may never come back or at least for a very long time.

Benitez should have been binned months before the Norwich game, and our failure to bin him off when every other club was taking action and sacking their incompetent managers has done nothing but exacerbate our perilous state. In fact, Benitez shouldn’t have been appointed at all. He is literally the worst manager to have ever been employed by Everton Football and his legacy is likely to be relegation.

If he was here now, we’d still be losing but we’d have Sean Longstaff instead of VDB.

Norwich - the first sign of trouble, really? What about West Ham, Watford, Brentford, the derby :rant:, Crystal Palace, Brighton and then Norwich! The first real sign of trouble was Watford at home and following that we have just allowed ourselves to be sleep walked into the position we face now!

Lampard was all he had left.
Martinez, ruled out by Belgium
Potter, ruled himself out.
Rooney, ruled himself out.
Ferguson, said he ruled himself out, but wasn't really in contention
Pereira, fans ruled him out.

Lampard was all he had left because too many of his previous appointments were horrendous...his DOF appointments have been horrendous....our transfer policy has been mostly horrendous

Fixed that for you mert.
But to answer your last line...given apples Vs apples...aka...the foundation Moyes left him and getting 2 and a half decent players on loan + McCarthy ...probably not - but your point isn't relevant, that was then and this is now.
Moyes left him a defence that hoofed it upfield ASAP....Martinez - in the course of one pre-season - had him playing a totally different style: comfortable on the ball and carrying it out.

In short: it's utter nonsense to say he inherited a defence from Moyes because he fundamentally restructured it to accommodate a passing game.

Like or dislike Benitez he has done a lot more bad to Everton then just him. Rightly or wrongly, Benitez was just the tip of the iceberg, the final straw for some, but prior to him Moshiri had been doing 5 years of damage to us, personally im not buying it the ground will benefit Everton at all, we might have a better view but so what, the argument it will generate income dosen't work now because we have had the money, spent it, and wasted it.
Moshiri is killing us

Erm. The only good part about Moshiri is that we are moving stadium.

Which should have happened 30 years ago

what are you thinking... he had one win in the last fouteen games....

Moyes left him a defence that hoofed it upfield ASAP....Martinez - in the course of one pre-season - had him playing a totally different style: comfortable on the ball and carrying it out.

In short: it's utter nonsense to say he inherited a defence from Moyes because he fundamentally restructured it to accommodate a passing game.
Sure he inherited the defenders left by Moyes, and played pretty much the same style for the first season, ie, not hoofball.
Then came the calm passing game, ie, passive football.
Then all other teams knew our game-plan, ie, sit and watch us passing it in our own half 0-1 down deep into stoppage time.
I recall being 4-0 down at Analfield with something like a possession rate of 68%, and El Loco wasn't overly concerned.
I recall being apoplectic with the whole banal reasoning behind such idiotic tactics.
If that's what a passing game does for a team, I think the Moyes defensive approach was far more preferable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back