Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri has been the worst thing for this club in our entire history. All engineered by bill kenwright selling to the right person , what good did that do. How on earth can we break financial fair play and get worse to the point of potential relegation even without a point deduction? Spend 500 million on a squad that is not even premier league standard. Never thought I would be saying this but I can't see past how badly run we are anymore.

I think his strategy was pretty clear, as demonstrated by the last accounts. FFP was met by USM stumping up £30m for the option on the naming rights for BMD. Moshiri knew what the losses were likely to be in this accounting period and how much of a shortfall there would be.

However with planning permission granted and preparatory work started on BMD. Then it would have been a simple matter of USM agreeing a naming deal that would have covered the FFP defecit.

That scenario is now unavailable to Everton after what has happened in the Ukraine and the subsequent sanctions.

So it isn't an accountant we need but a magician.
The thing is sanctions are out of our control, so surely we would get some leeway with that. Also the incoming fee for Moise Kean (not sure when that is) would also help reduce the amount. We seem to be a hot topic atm for certain media outlets, unfortunately it’s for the wrongs reasons. I think we will probably just survive and I’m not over bothered about the ffp issues I think we will be ok. But I think we will have to cash or two in a player in the summer I hope it’s DCL.

The thing is sanctions are out of our control, so surely we would get some leeway with that. Also the incoming fee for Moise Kean (not sure when that is) would also help reduce the amount. We seem to be a hot topic atm for certain media outlets, unfortunately it’s for the wrongs reasons. I think we will probably just survive and I’m not over bothered about the ffp issues I think we will be ok. But I think we will have to cash or two in a player in the summer I hope it’s DCL.

Yes, I believe the strategy was USM & Moise kean. 30mil/year was guaranteed for USM naming rights of the stadium for 10 years (I read somewhere). And perhaps another strong sponsorship from USM was in the pipeline. And I hope we get some leeway for being ethical.

I hope we survive and it's DCL to be cashed in, and not Richarlison. I think Richy best position is No. 9, DCL is a good classic No. 9 but I have this feeling DCL will soon be very injury prone due to the long lay off this season. So many good players we've seen in the past lost their touch after a long injury.

Who brought this guy aboard the good ship Everton on the condition that they would be allowed to hang around? I mean on what friggin’ planet is that normal, when you have somebody come in and spend the money Morshiri has? It’s bloody weird. Can you imagine the Man City or Newcastle owners keeping Bill on? The only thing he might get a position with them as, is the court jester. Totally unprofessional our club is.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back