Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What are you on about? The man is financially crippling this club, we are now staring down the barrel of a points deduction which some of us called months and months ago. How is that “feeding” us?

The fans will regret standing by crossing their fingers for a stadium that will never happen, rather than making a serious and sustained stand against this poisonous cretin and all of the Russian blood money debt he has racked up on behalf of our football club. Relegation finishes any prospects of this stadium too.

Which is what any owner would end up doing to us based on the money spent how is that so difficult to understand?

Villa were in the same position it was only a Jack Grealish £100 million sale that stopped them getting their collar felt. They sold their stadium to their chinese owner in the championship to get around FFP the club itself doesnt even own Villa Park anymore.

Leicester are the only example post FFP of a club spending enough money outside the elite and succeeding and it takes a lot of fortune and good luck to pull it off.

Every other club just seeks to spend "just enough" to just guarantee PL survival - is that the height of your ambition long term for Everton? To be another Crystal Palace / Brighton / Brentford / Burnley?

You want a financially sound club but also one that competes for the top 6 and thinks 8th-10th isn't success.

You're all over the place mate.

Are you always this dense? Man willingly wrote checks instead of saying ‘hang about, are you sure we should be spending this much?’

Which would be him butting in and not letting the DOF do his job which is what you moan about him having done over Iwobi supposedly?

You can't have it both ways - he either gets involved or he doesn't ultimately.

Imagine the uproar if we tried signing a young player for £30 million and Moshiri vetoed the deal over the price and he went elsewhere and became a world star...

Last edited:
You will now see the average' knuckle-dragging brexit gammon' footy fan all go in on our finances now, TS are leading with the Daily Mials "facts" on the whole thing.
The reality is we need media attention and have done for years. We've spent ridiculous amounts on average players, that have taken us further away from the top 4 than we were before Moshiri. Getting rid of a French international, because he didn't get along with a manager the fans didn't want in the first place is beyond a joke. We failed to win at our Anfield ground for 21 years, when Palace had won there 3 years in a row. What other owner uses Jim White to communicate messages to fans.

The reality is we need media attention and have done for years. We've spent ridiculous amounts on average players, that have taken us further away from the top 4 than we were before Moshiri. Getting rid of a French international, because he didn't get along with a manager the fans didn't want in the first place is beyond a joke. We failed to win at our Anfield ground for 21 years, when Palace had won there 3 years in a row. What other owner uses Jim White to communicate messages to fans.

"French international" - you say that like we were getting rid of a prime Patrick Viera..... he was asked to defend and threw a tantrum and had his social media stooge post loads of stuff about how great he is at crossing etc. Not looked like an international player for 2 years.

Villa fans are questioning why they got him instead of Targett. My anger is not at getting rid of Digne, it was replacing him with someone who isnt ready.

Which would be him butting in and not letting the DOF his job which is what you moan about him having done over Iwobi supposedly?

You can't have it both ways - he either gets involved or he doesn't ultimately.

Imagine the uproar if we tried signing a young star player for £30 million and Moshiri vetoed the deal over the price and he went elsewhere and became a world star...
He did butt in and not let Brands do his job, that’s how we ended up with Benitez as manager, signing Iwobi in a panic buy on Deadline Day etc

A smart business man would have looked at Swansea wanting £40m+ for Iceland and said ‘no thanks’, not allow his unqualified DoF to go up £5m on himself unchallenged

He would look at Burnley wanting £30m for Michael Keane with one year left and laugh them off instead of agreeing to pay it

The only sensible transfer deal that didn’t happen was give in and give Palace the £90m they wanted for Zaha

He did butt in and not let Brands do his job, that’s how we ended up with Benitez as manager, signing Iwobi in a panic buy on Deadline Day etc

A smart business man would have looked at Swansea wanting £40m+ for Iceland and said ‘no thanks’, not allow his unqualified DoF to go up £5m on himself unchallenged

He would look at Burnley wanting £30m for Michael Keane with one year left and laugh them off instead of agreeing to pay it

The only sensible transfer deal that didn’t happen was give in and give Palace the £90m they wanted for Zaha

Every club signs dud players we've just sadly done it more than most.

Leicester signed Slimani for £30 million

Man City spent £42 million on Nathan Ake.

Blaming the owner for not babysitting Walsh/Brands every move is harsh mate.

Is this the same www.theesk.org that was incessantly hammering it into us for about 3 years that Usmanov had nothing to do with the club?
It is, as I said I don't read too much into him but he outline the premier leagues profit and loss rules and explained as to why we won't get a points deduction

So I fully expect a deduction come our first season in the championship

Tbf as much as I don't read too much into him, esk has explained this pretty well on twitter and actually in debate with Simon Jordan himself
Someone will have to post the exchange for me as I am not on Twitter. From what I've seen from some clippings that people have already posted here, he's claiming to have insider knowledge about an apparent deal that Everton have already struck with the Premier League. Long time readers of this forum are naturally dubious at best whenever the esk claims to have insider knowledge of anything.

Regardless, Simon Jordan doesn't say that we'll definitely get a points deduction, he says its very hard to see how we don't get sanctioned. Which is exactly what myself and many others on here have been saying for months.

We have (or rather, are about to) break Premier League rules, whatever you may think of those rules is besides the point. And Moshiri's monstrous stupidity is entirely to blame.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back