Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's the FT mate not the Mail

Too much unnamed "he said, she said" for me mate.

Truth is no one knows whats going on. Moshiri and Usmanov are best mates and have been in business a long time - I honestly doubt they have servered ties if anything, I wouldn't be shocked if the sponsers are back in place come the start of next season should the Ukraine conflict hopefully get resolved.

Cant sanction Russia forever especially when their money keeps our capital city afloat.

Also...still finding the funding to finish the stadium too which will no doubt be paramount over investment in the club.

He'll be selling his shares off.

I'll also say Blue Bill is just there to have somewhere to go on a match day. He has zero say in anything but is also culpable in where it's going

No problem as long as Bill goes too, if Bill stays then there’s no point selling.
Even if we do stay up, i think both Moshiri and Kenwright need to leave. This club need a fresh start, and new ownership is badly needed.

When you are in way over your head, you should have the decency and the courtesy to get out imo.

Hiring Benitez, and not kicking him out after the derby was the final straw really.

Last edited:

Truth is no one knows whats going on. Moshiri and Usmanov are best mates and have been in business a long time - I honestly doubt they have servered ties if anything, I wouldn't be shocked if the sponsers are back in place come the start of next season should the Ukraine conflict hopefully get resolved.

Cant sanction Russia forever especially when their money keeps our capital city afloat.
I imagine the short term plan will be to see how things play out in the hope Usmanov can come back on board but they’d be foolish not to look at all options in case this becomes very drawn out.

The point about potential investors is valid imo. The club has wasted pots of money on poor recruitment. It would be a concern to anyone looking for a return on investment.

Also...still finding the funding to finish the stadium too which will no doubt be paramount over investment in the club.

He'll be selling his shares off.

I'll also say Blue Bill is just there to have somewhere to go on a match day. He has zero say in anything but is also culpable in where it's going
You think the Chairman of the club has no say in anything?

Mate, USM are not going to be involved with Everton again, you need to just accept it, Moshiri is not even involved with USM anymore. Farhad Moshiri does not have a lot of disposable cash, his money is tied up in shares and bonds and whatnot, hence the need to look for a new investor but who is realistically going to want to deal with him and Kenwright. I posted an article yesterday from Forbes the financial thing which was about the relationship between Moshiri and Usmanov and the negative impact its had on the club and it also stated that the longer the war goes on the more likely Moshiri is too sell the club.

I think it's pretty ludicrous to suggest we will have USM, or any russian linked sponsors within a few months. These sanctions are staying for years and years, and no government is overturning them. It would be politically toxic.

Not even close, Kenwright had us stable in European places, that happened, Moshiri came into a steady club and killed it.
Steady really. You’ve conveniently forgotten 14/15 and 15/16. Martinez had 2 bottom half finishes with this group. Coleman, baines, stones, jags, Barry, McCarthy, osman, Barkley, mirallas, Naismith, Geri, Lukaku. And 6 months of Eto’o.

If Moshiri hadn’t come in he would have stayed, as Bill had given him a new all singing and dancing contract and couldn’t afford the 10mil to sack him. Now we will never now exactly how it would have gone in terms of relegation. But it was getting any better anytime soon.

Imagine him spending the Lukaku money the following summer. It would have been more, funes mori’s, niasse’s, besic, cleverly, mcgeady’s

So less of the steady ship, Bill got lucky with Moyes, he didn’t with Martinez.

We’d finished top 8 under Moyes 5/6 years running. And Bill appoints a manager who just got relegated. And people criticise Moshiri’s appointments

No chance of USM/Usmanov returning now. I don't actually think there was a huge appetite amongst nations and governments to sanction oligarchs, but it is low-hanging fruit for them and makes it appear they are moralistic and anti-corruption.

Not a chance now that is going to be unwound. That is not to say that new business entities can't be formed and even new oligarchs created, but that doesn't mean anything specific for us.

In general, it will take Russia a long long time to recover reputationally from this bearing in mind that they weren't exactly saintly to begin with. It's just going to be the case that the oligarchs of old aren't going to be tolerated as they were in the west because of that. Money from Russia will need to be seen as explicitly clean now and the chances of that and/or escaping wider scrutiny are close to nil for the foreseeable.

I think it's pretty ludicrous to suggest we will have USM, or any russian linked sponsors within a few months. These sanctions are staying for years and years, and no government is overturning them. It would be politically toxic.

If Putin announced withdrawal of troops do you really believe its out the realms of possibility that come September 2022 USM couldn't be back sponsering the club?

Russia are big players on the world stage - once the conflict is over its completely ludicrous to believe the West will keep sanctioning Russian businesses to make some kind of token stand.

You have Britain selling arms to Saudi to bomb the hell out of Yemen.

There is no morals in politics / business.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back