Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
No before Kenwright we had relegation battles, and post Kenwright in the Moshiri era we have another. Moyes and Kenwright worked well together, Moshiri hasnt been able to work with anyone, in fact he would of sacked Moyes after a season or too.
There was no rot before Moshiri, there was desire to push on, now we can only dream of getting back to were we were 6 years ago
Worked well together, you mean Moyes proved to be a good manager and Martinez didn’t.

Kenwright had 2 years of walter smith in the bottom Half before Moyes. And it was he who told kenwright to go for Moyes, Bill was looking at Gary Megson.

Worked well together, you mean Moyes proved to be a good manager and Martinez didn’t.

Kenwright had 2 years of walter smith in the bottom Half before Moyes. And it was he who told kenwright to go for Moyes, Bill was looking at Gary Megson.
Yeah so it worked out for Bill, something we can never say about Moshiri. Kenwright had 2 years of walter smith in the bottom Half, thats right, and we moved forward from that level, then Moshiri took us to an even worse one, such a shame

Hang on, are you critising the appointment of Martinez? the guy who had just won a cup? who gave us the best season of football we have had for years? really?
Well he won the cup with another team, so I couid really give 2 about that.

And cup football is one off games, luck can play a big part. League football is the proof of the pudding. We all loved that season, but he didn’t kick in and it all fell apart very quickly.

Again you seem to miss the poor seasons under Bill. This time next week we couid be in a cup semi final. Martinez didn’t it twice in 3 yrs. Moyes 3 times in 11yrs.
Does that give Frank a free pass for the next 3/4 yrs. because to some people reaching a semi final is a big deal.

This time next week we couid be in a cup semi final. Martinez didn’t it twice in 3 yrs. Moyes 3 times in 11yrs.
Does that give Frank a free pass for the next 3/4 yrs. because to some people reaching a semi final is a big deal.
Frank gets a free pass for the same reason as Rafael, no squad capable of doing anything and no money to spend on it since it was all blown previously.

Yeah so it worked out for Bill, something we can never say about Moshiri. Kenwright had 2 years of walter smith in the bottom Half, thats right, and we moved forward from that level, then Moshiri took us to an even worse one, such a shame
What worked out? You’re basically praising him for no ambition.

What top team that wants to win Things. Keeps a manger for 11yrs who reaches one final and has 4/5 European seasons and The best he does is last 16.

He wouldn’t have survived at any other top English club with ambition.

Sir john Moores sacked a manager who finished 4th. I’m surprised Bill didn’t get a statue of him and Moyes when we finished 4th. Remember Martinez’s picture on goodison when we finished 5th lol. Bill’s turned into a laughing stock, happy to plod along.

Moshiri had made mistakes, but you can’t criticise him for lacking ambition

What worked out? You’re basically praising him for no ambition.

What top team that wants to win Things. Keeps a manger for 11yrs who reaches one final and has 4/5 European seasons and The best he does is last 16.

He wouldn’t have survived at any other top English club with ambition.

Sir john Moores sacked a manager who finished 4th. I’m surprised Bill didn’t get a statue of him and Moyes and we finished 4th. Remember Martinez’s picture on goodison when we finished 5th lol. Bill’s turned into a laughing stock, happy to plod along.

Moshiri had made mistakes, but you can’t criticise him for lacking ambition
What haha if Moshiri had ambition do you really think he would of gone for Marco Silva? Behave, dont get me wrong i wanted Moyes to go years before he did, but having seen what a mess choping and changing managers has done its proberbly a good thing we kept him and kept the stability going.

Yes or no, has Moshiri been good for Everton?

I think you are just worrying too much about what might happen without USM. The club existed before and will do afterwards. I'm not a betting man but id be willing to bet we don't link back up with them again and I reckon Moshiri will be gone in the summer imo.

Im not that fussed mate I've said repeatedly outside of a City/PSG/Newcastle type takeover we're finished as a club that competes for things long term.

I do think in the event of a sale the most likely buyer will be some Yank consortium which would finish this club off imo.

Im not that fussed mate I've said repeatedly outside of a City/PSG/Newcastle type takeover we're finished as a club that competes for things long term.

I do think in the event of a sale the most likely buyer will be some Yank consortium which would finish this club off imo.
Not sure Id agree with that, there are Yanks at the RS and Villa and their fans are not complaining, I think they are fine as long as its not the investment banker types and its more the sports team group types. I'm honestly not even bothered about competing, we are years away from that sort of thing.

If Putin announced withdrawal of troops do you really believe its out the realms of possibility that come September 2022 USM couldn't be back sponsering the club?

Russia are big players on the world stage - once the conflict is over its completely ludicrous to believe the West will keep sanctioning Russian businesses to make some kind of token stand.

You have Britain selling arms to Saudi to bomb the hell out of Yemen.

There is no morals in politics / business.
There are personal morals, though, and I don't want Usmanov or USM anywhere near my club.

No before Kenwright we had relegation battles, and post Kenwright in the Moshiri era we have another. Moyes and Kenwright worked well together, Moshiri hasnt been able to work with anyone, in fact he would of sacked Moyes after a season or too.
There was no rot before Moshiri, there was desire to push on, now we can only dream of getting back to were we were 6 years ago
Nah, Moyes worked well. Kenwright was happy to ride his coat tails while mismanaging everything and putting the club into hock with an even bigger shyster in Green (imagine he was Russian ?).
There was a slower rot I'll grant you but to say there wasn't one isn't true. The club as a business was on its arse spending telly incomes years in advance.

Nah, Moyes worked well. Kenwright was happy to ride his coat tails while mismanaging everything and putting the club into hock with an even bigger shyster in Green (imagine he was Russian ?).
There was a slower rot I'll grant you but to say there wasn't one isn't true. The club as a business was on its arse spending telly incomes years in advance.
Kenwright hit the jackpot with Moyes, literally the luckiest appointment he could have ever made

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back