Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Too much unnamed "he said, she said" for me mate.

Truth is no one knows whats going on. Moshiri and Usmanov are best mates and have been in business a long time - I honestly doubt they have servered ties if anything, I wouldn't be shocked if the sponsers are back in place come the start of next season should the Ukraine conflict hopefully get resolved.

Cant sanction Russia forever especially when their money keeps our capital city afloat.
You are off your cake if you seriously expect USM in any way shape or form to be back as sponsors of Everton… next season or any other season.

You’re more deluded than Kenwright and that takes some doing !!!

No one knows that mate. The club have "suspended" not "terminated/cancelled" USM sponsers.

Moshiri may have come out of USM in order to continue being the bag man for Usmanov/Russian money in UK/EU to avoid the sanctions if he was still heavily linked to USM.

These billionaires are masters of finding loopholes.

I think for a lot on here its more a case of hoping USM are finished here than any actual concrete proof other than chatter on social media.
I think you need to take a course of reality pills and a long lie down.

No before Kenwright we had relegation battles, and post Kenwright in the Moshiri era we have another. Moyes and Kenwright worked well together, Moshiri hasnt been able to work with anyone, in fact he would of sacked Moyes after a season or too.
There was no rot before Moshiri, there was desire to push on, now we can only dream of getting back to were we were 6 years ago
The club was on a serious downward trajectory within 18 months of Moyes's departure.

Kenwright and Martinez would have been relegated.

If Putin announced withdrawal of troops do you really believe its out the realms of possibility that come September 2022 USM couldn't be back sponsering the club?

Russia are big players on the world stage - once the conflict is over its completely ludicrous to believe the West will keep sanctioning Russian businesses to make some kind of token stand.

You have Britain selling arms to Saudi to bomb the hell out of Yemen.

There is no morals in politics / business.
Unbelievable the nonsense you spout pal.

There’s more chance of juggling soot than USM ever being a sponsor of Everton again… even with Moshiri at the helm… assuming he hasn’t come to his senses and bitten the bullet by selling the club.

If Putin announced withdrawal of troops do you really believe its out the realms of possibility that come September 2022 USM couldn't be back sponsering the club?

Russia are big players on the world stage - once the conflict is over its completely ludicrous to believe the West will keep sanctioning Russian businesses to make some kind of token stand.

You have Britain selling arms to Saudi to bomb the hell out of Yemen.

There is no morals in politics / business.
I think it'll take more than Russia calling a halt to their special operation to get USM back onside mate.

It was a ridiculous reaction to target them - and a cynical one given that both main UK political parties encouraged oligarch investment in British reasl estate and businesses - but I think it's irreversible now.

What haha if Moshiri had ambition do you really think he would of gone for Marco Silva? Behave, dont get me wrong i wanted Moyes to go years before he did, but having seen what a mess choping and changing managers has done its proberbly a good thing we kept him and kept the stability going.

Yes or no, has Moshiri been good for Everton?
BDM = good. Because Goodison’s safety certificate failed years ago, according to Bill.

Basically Bill buying Everton, is like me buying a dream house on the beach, that needs thousands spending on it, that I don’t have, borrowing money off mates to get it, living on beans on toast every night.

But I can stand in the garden and tell the passers by, yes I own this

BDM = good. Because Goodison’s safety certificate failed years ago, according to Bill.

Basically Bill buying Everton, is like me buying a dream house on the beach, that needs thousands spending on it, that I don’t have, borrowing money off mates to get it, living on beans on toast every night.

Brilliant. 100%

I can vaguely recall the American that was interested in buying us, a Mr. Charles Noel I think. He looked suspiciously like Chevy Chase. No significant net worth, it would have been a Glazer-style takeover.

There was a partner involved too I think, can't recall the name.

I think they would have been even worse, I don't think anyone competent would have bought in and allowed Kenwright to remain on, that's been the issue.

You forgot about selling your car, your watch and hocking your wife's jewelry.

I can vaguely recall the American that was interested in buying us, a Mr. Charles Noel I think. He looked suspiciously like Chevy Chase. No significant net worth, it would have been a Glazer-style takeover.

There was a partner involved too I think, can't recall the name.

I think they would have been even worse, I don't think anyone competent would have bought in and allowed Kenwright to remain on, that's been the issue.

Thats the exact type of buyer who would be interested in this club - them or US based hedge funds backed by US banks looking to buy into a club to make a profit rather than looking to take the club forward success wise.

They'll be hailed on here as "saviours" by the 27 minute gang when the club is sold one day but I guarantee give it a few years and when the stadiums not had a lick of new paint, when the clubs manager is barely being backed in the transfer market it'll soon turn to "GET DEM YANKS OOT MY CLUB"

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back