Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yes, sanctions can last for years mate on a country. Ask North Korea, Iran, Cuba, and numerous African countries. Putin/Russia will need to punished in the eyes of the west.

Mcdonalds won't want to have their brand name associated with a warmonger in Putin or Russia as it's bad for business. Sure eventually things might change but you are talking a long long way off.

With respect - all of them countries are nothing of the scale of Russia and their influence on the world economy.

If any of those countries did what Putin was doing you would see NATO/US boots on the ground in an instant.

The West wont dare get involved militarily with Russia hence sanctions.

I agree that Putin/his Kremlin buddies may be in some trouble long term but anyone believing they'll be nuremburg trials for Roman Abramovich and Alisher Usmanov are way off imo.

Money/Politics rule the day mate - why do you think Saudi are allowed to own Newcastle whilst bombing women and children in Yemen?

Yes, sanctions can last for years mate on a country. Ask North Korea, Iran, Cuba, and numerous African countries. Putin/Russia will need to punished in the eyes of the west.

Mcdonalds won't want to have their brand name associated with a warmonger in Putin or Russia as it's bad for business. Sure eventually things might change but you are talking a long long way off.
Unfortunately one of the biggest problems with capitalism and capitalists is they're not bothered what they sell or to whom.
Like Coca Cola and Fanta in Germany. The leeches of finance will continue to oil their wheels and it wouldn't surprise me to see a near complete pre war return with a couple of scapegoats thrown about for public theatre.

Unfortunately one of the biggest problems with capitalism and capitalists is they're not bothered what they sell or to whom.
Like Coca Cola and Fanta in Germany. The leeches of finance will continue to oil their wheels and it wouldn't surprise me to see a near complete pre war return with a couple of scapegoats thrown about for public theatre.

To use a football analogy - its expecting to see a Man Utd or Real Madrid receive the exact same punishment/treatment for doing something wrong as a Tranmere / Real Betis would.

Not how the world works unfortunately.

Well its been suspended not terminated.

Logically you would say its 50/50 at this stage considering a full decision hasn't been made one way or another.

you would say the final decision will depend on what happens in Ukraine in the coming months / the political climate towards Russia.

Anyone suggesting a sure thing one way or another has zero evidence that backs there stance up.
You really are an idiot - suspended was the 'political' way of saying terminated.

Not even a deluded Kenwright or DBB would agree to USM ever becoming involved with the club again - that brand is 100% toxic and will remain so !!!!!

And the evidence to support my personal stance is backed up entirely by the sentence above - USM and/or any brands associated with Russia and/or oligarchs like Usmanov and Abramovich will be 100% persona non grata for years and years to come... if not permanently.

You really are an idiot - suspended was the 'political' way of saying terminated.

Not even a deluded Kenwright or DBB would agree to USM ever becoming involved with the club again - that brand is 100% toxic and will remain so !!!!!

And the evidence to support my personal stance is backed up entirely by the sentence above - USM and/or any brands associated with Russia and/or oligarchs like Usmanov and Abramovich will be 100% persona non grata for years and years to come... if not permanently.

But thats just your opinion mate you have no proof or evidence to label me an idiot for not agreeing with your stance.

If USM gets terminated completely then I'll happily doff my cap to you.

Well its been suspended not terminated.

Logically you would say its 50/50 at this stage considering a full decision hasn't been made one way or another.

you would say the final decision will depend on what happens in Ukraine in the coming months / the political climate towards Russia.

Anyone suggesting a sure thing one way or another has zero evidence that backs there stance up.
You come across of having no real understanding of what you're talking about tbh with you mate.

To deny Moshiri hasn't been a success is also delusional in the extreme. The club is losing over £100m every year and on the brink of relegation.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back