Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
You come across of having no real understanding of what you're talking about tbh with you mate.

To deny Moshiri hasn't been a success is also delusional in the extreme. The club is losing over £100m every year and on the brink of relegation.

Im not arguing Moshiri has been a success mate im arguing he hasn't been a failure either - there is a middle ground in this black and white polarised world we live in today.

On your highlighted point - City and Chelsea also experienced this when they started off spending big money without CL revenues and massive sponsers the difference is their recruitment teams largely signed good players which pushed them on - ours signed a load of rubbish which has meant no Europe/CL = big losses on the books.

Yes you can argue all roads lead back to the owner but a lot of it also comes down to a bit of luck ie. If Steve Walsh had signed Vardy, Kante and Mahrez for peanuts here rather than at Leicester who knows maybe Mosh Man could have helped deliver us a title with his investment!

Im not arguing Moshiri has been a success mate im arguing he hasn't been a failure either - there is a middle ground in this black and white polarised world we live in today.

On your highlighted point - City and Chelsea also experienced this when they started off spending big money without CL revenues and massive sponsers the difference is their recruitment teams largely signed good players which pushed them on - ours signed a load of rubbish which has meant no Europe/CL = big losses on the books.

Yes you can argue it comes down to the owner but a lot of it also comes down to a bit of luck ie. If Steve Walsh had signed Vardy, Kante and Mahrez for peanuts here rather than at Leicester who knows maybe Mosh Man could have delivered us a title!
He has been a failure. We're extremely close to being relegated, which will send the club into administration. I don't think you quite realise how bad our situation is, even if we stay up we've got to seriously shred the squad, losing £100m a year isn't sustainable and a clear breach of the rules anyway.

Comparing it to City and Chelsea when the rules were not the same is pointless.

He has been a failure. We're extremely close to being relegated, which will send the club into administration. I don't think you quite realise how bad our situation is, even if we stay up we've got to seriously shred the squad, losing £100m a year isn't sustainable and a clear breach of the rules anyway.

Comparing it to City and Chelsea when the rules were not the same is pointless.

Thats complete speculation.

On the point of relegation - most clubs outside the top 6 have been involved in some form of "relegation battle" in the last decade including Leicester (season after they won the league).

Thats the nature of the league now - even if we were "well run" the reality is clubs like Fulham and Leeds can spend £100 million and teams like Brentford can have players like Christian Erikson on the bench therefore we have no God given right to consistently be miles away from the bottom 4-6 sides season in season out.

As I keep saying - you're naive if you think the clubs fortunes change just by Moshiri leaving. It'll take a massive takeover to see us becoming a regular top 6/7 side.

Thats complete speculation.

On the point of relegation - most clubs outside the top 6 have been involved in some form of "relegation battle" in the last decade including Leicester (season after they won the league).

Thats the nature of the league now - even if we were well won when clubs like Fulham and Leeds can spend £100 million and teams like Brentford can have players like Christian Erikson on the bench we have no right to consistently be miles away from the bottom 4-6 sides.

As I keep saying - you're naive if you think the clubs fortunes change just by Moshiri leaving. It'll take a massive takeover to see us becoming a regular top 6/7 side.
I never said the clubs fortunes change just by Moshiri leaving, and I'm certainly not naive.

What you're saying is extremely naive though or just plain ignorant of what is actually happening to our club.

Moshiri isnt a proven failure though, just because you and others dont like him is for the birds.

Not saying he's been a success as he hasn't but he hasn't been a failure either - we were a midtable club making up the numbers when he arrived and we are still one now but with a world class stadium being built to look forward to.

Over half a billion pound spent, gone through numerous managers, employed Benitez, and we're in a relegation fight.

I never said the clubs fortunes change just by Moshiri leaving, and I'm certainly not naive.

What you're saying is extremely naive though or just plain ignorant of what is actually happening to our club.

Under Moshiri's ownership we have finished:

7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th

Thats near enough consistently top half on top of a new stadium being built and appointing Ancelotti as manager which no one imagined could have ever been a possibility.

Yes he's made mistakes but I think a lot of Evertonians dont really know what they want out of the club anymore...

If its success om the pitch then we need to spend money to achieve and maintain that long term - which results in losses on the accounts without regular CL football revenue which is difficult in such a competitive league like the PL.

If Its simply to be a stable PL side finishing 11th-14th every season - then they cant moan when managers like Martinez & Alladyce are appointed or when we sign cheap uninspiring bargain players like Townsend on free deals or if we are not competing for europe yet for the last 5+ years our fans have moaned!!

It seems with our fans they want stability whilst fighting for europe/CL whilst also posting healthy balance sheets whilst doing this spending the bare minimum.

I want to win the euro millions mate!!

If the conflict ended tomorrow what purposes would further sanctions serve?

McDonalds wont keep their doors shut to serving Russians in Moscow.

Putin and his Kremlin advisors may still be in hot water but I dont see how a ceasefire wouldn't put an end to the economic sanctions currently in place, in fact Putin would be likely to factor that into any kind of "peace talks".
Do you really think that act of war will go totally unpunished and everything will back to the state it was before? People won't forget and there will be a massive political pressure to punish Russia one way or another.

It will take years if it ever happens.

Under Moshiri's ownership we have finished:

7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th

Thats near enough consistently top half on top of a new stadium being built and appointing Ancelotti as manager which no one imagined could have ever been a possibility.

Yes he's made mistakes but I think a lot of Evertonians dont really know what they want out of the club anymore...

If its success om the pitch then we need to spend money to achieve and maintain that long term - which results in losses on the accounts without regular CL football revenue which is difficult in such a competitive league like the PL.

If Its simply to be a stable PL side finishing 11th-14th every season - then they cant moan when managers like Martinez & Alladyce are appointed or when we sign cheap uninspiring bargain players like Townsend on free deals or if we are not competing for europe.

It seems with our fans they stability whilst fighting for europe/CL whilst also posting healthy balance sheets whilst doing this spending the bare minimum.

I want to win the euro millions mate!!
You seem to think the money we're losing is inconsequential and just part of some process, it isn't. We'll soon be facing points reductions and if we're relegated, losing the premier league TV money, we WILL go into administration.

This isn't speculation, it's merely a case of the rules and money management (or lack thereof) We're in deep trouble. Ironic really, given Moshiri is an accountant.

You look at our team and defence aside we are much higher quality than the bottom 5 or so sides which is why this squad for me are so unlikeable as they just dont put the effort in enough.

What Burnley/Watford/Norwich/Brentford/Leeds players walk easily into our starting 11? Not a vast amount.
Not sure where you get the higher quality bit from. Of the teams you name Watford, Brentfod and Leeds have all scored more goals than us. Our attack is no better than our defence.

You seem to think the money we're losing is inconsequential and just part of some process, it isn't. We'll soon be facing points reductions and if we're relegated, losing the premier league TV money, we WILL go into administration.

This isn't speculation, it's merely a case of the rules and money management (or lack thereof) We're in deep trouble. Ironic really, given Moshiri is an accountant.

But here's the problem - our fans would MOAN if we didn't spend that money.

If we go from Moshiri's spending and James Rodriguez to spending the bare minimum and doing a Mike Ashley - they'll be riots at Goodison - we had planes and banners and marches when we had Moyes finishing top 6, playing in europe and getting to cup semis and finals because Kenwright was a tight arse.

All roads lead back to our fanbase doesn't know what they want.

We want to sing we're fookin rich but now we want to be sensible...

But here's the problem - our fans would MOAN if we didn't spend that money.

If we go from Moshiri's spending and James Rodriguez to spending the bare minimum and doing a Mike Ashley - they'll be riots at Goodison - we had planes and banners and marches when we had Moyes finishing top 6, playing in europe and getting to cup semis and finals.

All roads lead back to our fanbase doesn't know what they want.

We want to sing we're fookin rich but now we want to be sensible...
You're using two ends of the extreme to undermine a topic you don't really understand. That much is obvious.

Have a good evening.

Fella has tried his best, but by Christ theres no other way to dress it up as a massive failure.

7 managers, 550m spent, so far into the red that we have to beg the Premier League to spend money and stuck firmly in a relegation battle.

Ive "supported" this fella a lot and honestly again, hes tried, but he stinks.
He's a 'kin disaster.

The useless Latka get.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back