Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Like Brighton? Southampton? Palace? Brentford?

None of those sides are doing anything but making up the numbers mate.
You keep living in this fantasy world that it’s impossible to do anything without Qatari/Saudi money whereas us in the real world know it can be done with the right people/finances.

Lille won the French title last season while being under ownership from an investment fund based in Luxembourg ffs

Think you’re slightly going over the top there.
Fulham came up, spent 100mil went down. Newcastle spent 100mil the season they went down. Villa spent money went down.
How many of them went into administration?

Yes if we went down we’d sell a lot of players and probably cheaper than we’d like. So we’d raise 200mil plus and save 50/60mil in wages, while having parachute payments
I'm not going slightly over the top. You're comparing apples and oranges when talking about spends other clubs made, they weren't sustaining consistent levels of losses like Everton because they haven't given out £100k a week to every Tom, [Poor language removed] and Harry. Our accounts are in the public domain and they're terrible NOW. We're already losing over £100m a year because we have huge salary expenses and commercial revenue that doesn't cover it. We've just lost our favourable sponsorship deals because of the sanctions on Usmanov. If the worst happens and we are relegated, we will lose the TV money and we will have to sell almost all of our decent players for cut-price fees. Even if we do not go down this season, we are going to have to sell DCL and Richarlison to hold off the eyewatering losses and finance the signings of a few players.

Personally I don't see how we're going to raise £200m for the players we have if we're relegated. We would have no bargaining power at all, the likes of Richarlison and DCL would be sold for smaller fees than they normally woud be, a relegated club isn't getting £50-70m per player. We've just sold one of the best left backs in the league for £25m in January. If we are relegated, forget it, we'll be getting £40m each for the likes of DCL and Richarlison.

It's imperative we stay up, it really can't be overstated how much of a disaster relegation would be for us.

Last edited:

The more I look at what has gone on here since Moshiri’s arrival the more I am inclined to think this has been a money laundering scheme from the getgo.
Of course it was. England/London was the oligarchs money washing capital of the world. All of them where buying assets and storing their money here incase putin ever turned on them. And a football club is one of the safest assets to own, because it’s in the public interest that governments would protect the club.

Noone would have though before 2 months ago there would ever be sanctions to the extent they are. Also why would anyone give their account 2 billion?

Fulham came up, spent 100mil went down. Newcastle spent 100mil the season they went down. Villa spent money went down.
Fulham and Newcastle did not lose access to their sources of investment, like Everton basically has. If they go down the whole club is in danger.

Honestly I’ve been expecting this to happen sooner or later, once the world finally got tired of Russia’s attempts to destroy democratic society and froze them out of the world economy.

Yes if we went down we’d sell a lot of players and probably cheaper than we’d like. So we’d raise 200mil plus and save 50/60mil in wages, while having parachute payments
Please show your working out in how we are getting £200m from player sales?

I think the explanation for Moshiri’s behaviour has been a simple one. An owner who wanted to play football manager, and who employed a management team that allowed him to interfere when he wanted. Had he hired proper people in the club management positions, and took a back seat, we would be in better shape.

I see Putin is turning on the oligarchs saying they've been westernised. Blokes unhinged. I know if I was an oligarch and my money was frozen and reputation tarnished(well further lol) I would be against this war as well.

Fulham and Newcastle did not lose access to their sources of investment, like Everton basically has. If they go down the whole club is in danger.

Honestly I’ve been expecting this to happen sooner or later, once the world finally got tired of Russia’s attempts to destroy democratic society and froze them out of the world economy.
Sources of investment?

DCL, Richarlison, Pickford. 30mil saved form out of contract players.
You work out the rest
lol

You think we're getting £200m from those 3 players??

Jesus Christ

What about the loss of income from USM, renegotiation of every other commercial contract we have, much much lower shirt sponsorship deal. And then you need to factor in that every player does not have a relegation clause contract. So Keane, Iwobi, Rondon, Townsend, Coleman (players who most likely we won't be able to shift) will be eating away at around £350k a week of wages (£18m a year)

You keep living in this fantasy world that it’s impossible to do anything without Qatari/Saudi money whereas us in the real world know it can be done with the right people/finances.

Lille won the French title last season while being under ownership from an investment fund based in Luxembourg ffs

Lille needed to finish above one monied side to win something.

We would need to finish above Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham & a oil monied Newcastle.

Yeah good luck with that spending £30 million a year and players on small wages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back